Sorry About The Mess: Arena B

By Richardbuxton, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

Grrawlryyhl will maneuver around Drez'n after taking his last shot at him, taking his time to give himself a high-ground advantage.

// Staying at short range, giving myself a high ground advantage. If that takes 2 maneuvers I'll suffer the strain, but I spent Advantage last turn to ignore penalizing environmental effects til the end of this turn if that helps me :) //

The Wookiee shoots again.

Attacking Drez'n from the high ground with LRB : 2eP+2eA+2eB+1eD+3eS 3 successes, 5 advantage
p-s-a.png p-a.png a-s.png a-s-a.png b-a-a.png b-a.png d-th.png s--.png s--.png s--.png

// That's 14 damage Pierce 1, and 6 Advantage total. I'll use 3 to keep up the ignoring of penalizing effects from the environment and another 3 for a critical injury on Drez'n.

Critical injury against Drez'n : 1d100 47 //

Grrawlryyhl roars as he continues to fire at the drall, yelling at him, <How do you like the high ground now, shorty?>

// If that movement cost me only one maneuver earlier this turn, I'll suffer 2 strain to aim in menacing way at Drez'n. //

Edited by awayputurwpn

(You forgot the upgraded difficulty from defensivev stance)

// It was a ranged attack //

(Yep your correct forgot about that well post later today)

@awayputurwpn it cost two maneuvers to gain the advantage

(Ill post after your correction)

// We should be good...I already specified two maneuvers, and an either/or scenario. So I've moved only, no aim for the next round. I don't think anything needs correcting...?

// I'm at 2/22 wounds, 8/17 strain. //

Edited by awayputurwpn

// Oh did you mean the critical injury? It's Head Ringer, increase the Difficulty of all Intellect & Cunning checks until the end of the encounter. //

// ...just checking in? //

// Just a reminder // one day to go! well actually 20 hours and 50 minutes //

@TheShard still your turn to make one/two maneuver (since you are staggered no action possible!)

I'm over wound threshold

The Wookiee wins the Match!

The Drall gets cought in ice and ashes.

The end has come to a long match and the will of the force wasn#t with the Jedi.

Thanks for the match @TheShard

Congratulations @awayputurwpn you proceed to the semi finals!

Semi Finals!

Arena B: C vs. D @SavageBob with Pango vs. @LordBritish with Tanson Stryder
" Return of the Dual Wielders !"

Location = D25 http://orokos.com/roll/597117
22 = Droid Manufacturing Facility

Range = D3 (1= short / 2= Medium / 3= Long) http://orokos.com/roll/597119
2 = medium
Initative = D2 (1= Cool / 2= Vigilance) http://orokos.com/roll/597120
2 = Vigilance

Destiny = D2 (1= Player 1 gets White / 2= Player 2 get White) http://orokos.com/roll/597122
2 = Tansons gets to use White, Pango Black

You may roll Initative and Destiny Points any time!

Deep in the Ruins of a Geonosian Hive, the old Droid Manufacturing Facility is still functional.
Tanson who went here to meet with a new client has no idea that this is a trap of an evil Hutt that wants to prodcast the fight between his little champion Pango and the Gunslinger.
One both competetance went in to the main chamber to things happen. first the big doors were closed and sealed of, second the old facility mashines awaik to once again to life.

Rules:

It is Loud in here the accustic distracts. Any Vigilance or perception checks gain 2 Setback dice (so yes also the initaive check)

Fast Forward: you may spend 3 Advatages to be on a conveyor belt that moves direct in to the direction you want. You gain one free movement maneuver (even if it is your third maneuver this round!)

Loose Crane: for a triumph your attack directe your enemy in the path of a swinging crane which hits the poor guy for 3 unsoakable damage and moves him by one Range band in to a direction you want.

Sparks, everywhere! : You may spend 2 threats on an enemys check to have him moved beyond some welding mashine, the sparks will give him the Disorient trait for one round.

Molten Iron: You may spend 1 Despair on an enemys check to have him navigated beyond some tubes filled with molten iron, some drip go down on him causing damage before Soak: 8 Damage, Pierce 1, Burn 2

(he may use an average [2Purple] Coordination Action on his turn to put the fire of)

Vigilance check + Destiny Pool (Tanson Light) : 1eP+2eA+1eF 2 successes, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph, 2 Light Side
p-tr.png a-a-a.png a-s.png f-ls-ls.png

(Edit Forgot the setback dice, rolling below.)

Setback Dice from Vig : 2eS 2 failures
s-f.png s-f.png

I spend 2 strain to activate Rapid Reactions, gaining two successes that will allow Tanson to take the initiative. With the Triumph, I will draw the Nova Viper. What is your free movement?

Also, may the best man/woman/droid/attack helicopter win!

Dang Rapid Reaction! :P I'll take 1 Strain to activate Side Step, upgrading any attack against me once for your first round.

Edited by SavageBob

(Alright! Here we go! But first, I need to provide an explaination on how my effect works, just so that everything is clear for this duel. I will likely copy and past this box for the remainder of my duels.

Just for a quick explanation; here is how my signature ability works. I can change one dice result to another that is adjacent to that face. I cannot determine which faces are adjacent to a Triumph, so I will roll a series of 1D2's for each dice. Since a T is a T (Thus why would I change it?) and a blank can never be adjacent to a T, the chance is 50/50 excluding those two faces. As such I will not roll a dice for any generated blank results or T results. If it is a 1, the result is adjacent, if it's a 2? It isn't and therefore I can't use that particular die to produce A triumph.

I can manipulate a maximum of 3 faces, twice a session for one destiny point, I cannot manipulate negative dice as I haven't brought into that particular pool. Boost dice are much simpler as a blank result is within range of all the other faces, excluding other blank.

I will put this post first and then post my response within a separate post to acknowledge that I have established what I can and cannot do before hand. Furthermore I will not roll my result at least 30 minutes after this post in the interest's of legitimacy so that I can conclusively prove that I could not have altered the dice roll in any meaningful way to produce unfair results. The main reason I am writing this now is that when I initially picked up this ability I hadn't known I wouldn't have been able to identify the faces. **** you complex game mechanics!

With that explanation out of the way, I will write my post soon! But but aye; you upgrade your defence once this turn. I will account that into my roll. Best of luck!)

Thanks for the explanation. I'm fine with your proposed system to adjudicate die faces. Best of luck to you, too!

@LordBritish @SavageBob

Reminder: Tomorrow a week of your allotted 3 weeks for the match will have passed.

(Rundown.

I will use quick draw and an move to chug a booster blue down (upgrading my check to 4 yellows) drop it and draw the lancer with the second incidental action. I will aim (taking 2 strain) then attack, using Guns Blazing (2 strain) to reduce the difficulty of duel wielding to the standard dice pool

With the power of my roll, and because every single face came up adjacent to a Triumph; I am going to activate my signature ability *Unmatched Fortune*, spending one destiny point to change the single success, the double advantage and the double success to Triumph faces. My set trigger will add one success to the check but inflict one check on my pool. So the roll comes out at a net 4 successes and three T's,. I am going to spend two to destroy your thermal detonator, and use the third T to inflict it's blast damage on you as it explodes as the termite is disturbed! Though I will chose not to add my successes to the blast damage. Is this a reasonable application of my ability? @SavageBob and @Nightone . I just figured I would check first before I begin narrating.

*edit: I just notice that the thermal det isn't on your sheet anymore. I will just need a confirmation. In the meantime I am writing my intro.*

God, I feel like that guy for just doing this!

In any case, the Nova Viper will inflict 15 total damage (7+ Deadly Accuracy + 5 successes) with a pierce of 2, and 15 blast damage that ignores soak. This would almost certainly one shot you.
Dice pool is currently 2 light, 1 dark.)

Edited by LordBritish
Narration

I don't have a thermal detonator (I removed it when people were complaining about one-shot kills, natch). Does that alter your plan at all? If you still want to detonate one of my grenades (hidden inside my chassis), I'll leave it to @Nightone to say whether that's acceptable.

Edited by SavageBob
3 minutes ago, SavageBob said:

I don't have a thermal detonator (I removed it when people were complaining about one-shot kills, natch). Does that alter your plan at all?

Only moderately. Would it be alright if I can hit you with the armour piercing grenade instead? ^^

*Currently working on the intro. I found my roleplaying spark!*

Edited by LordBritish
4 minutes ago, LordBritish said:

Only moderately. Would it be alright if I can hit you with the armour piercing grenade instead? ^^

He has cortosis so the AP grenade will still have soak applied. If that's even gonna matter

Edit : I'm posting a lot cause I'm snowed in, Ill and cant sleep. Tell me to shut up if I'm interfering.

Edited by SithArissa