Sorry About The Mess: Arena B

By Richardbuxton, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

(Had a death in the family won't post till the weekend)

my sincerest condolences

(I'll make the 2 manuevers to close the distance and keep up the defensive cirlcle again risking an avalanche cause if not you'll start widdling me down! I'm sorry i kinda forgot where we are at the penalties and such is it just the 3 setback?)

// I believe you're correct, @Nightone is that right?

Very sorry to hear about your loss. I hope your family is doing alright. //

(Ok I'm taking 2 maneuvers and defensive circle and of course i forgot the threat so that's the second roll)

Defensive circle : 3eD+3eA+2eP 2 successes, 1 threat
d-f-th.png d-th-th.png d-th.png a-a.png a-s.png a-s-a.png p-s-a.png p--.png

Forgotten threat : 3eS 1 failure, 1 threat
s-th.png s--.png s-f.png

Running toward his enemy, Drez'n continues to circle the blade knowing his opponent is close to freeing himself, he must close the distance to have a chance.

// For the two Threat, I'll take a free out-of-turn maneuver to climb up...should be one more maneuver to short range if I'm reading it correctly. Then I'll use my free maneuver to climb up to short range. //

Grrawlryyhl takes the initiative upon breaking out of the ice and being untargeted to quickly clamber up the slope and take a snap shot at the approaching Drall from short range, right before he is engaged.

Attacking Drez'n with LRB from downhill, short range : 2eP+2eA+2eB+1eD+8eS 1 failure, 1 threat
p-s-a.png p-s-a.png a-a.png a-s-s.png b--.png b--.png d-f-f.png s-th.png s-th.png s-f.png s-f.png s-th.png s-th.png s-f.png s--.png

Grrawlryyhl drops his gun and prepares to receive his foe, taking a guarded stance (+1 melee defense) against the incoming assault...

// Wounds 0/22, Strain 4/17, Defense R/M 1/2 //

The Drall Knight does his best to charge in the sloppy snow and ice. He whirls the green blade around him as he approaches, the wookiee's shots harmlessly deflected. Must make this count, the force flows through me... You've forced my hand agent of the dark! He hollars as he bares down on Grrawlryyhl.

(taking another 2 strain to aim)

Lightsaber attack : 3eA+2eP+5eD 0 successes, 2 threat
a-s.png a-s.png a-s-s.png p-s-a.png p-s.png d-f-th.png d-f-th.png d-f-f.png d-f.png d-f-th.png

(Of course i forgot something so heres the boost from aim... And i get a boost for higher ground right?)

Aim and high ground boosts : 2eB 0 successes, 1 advantage
b-a.png b--.png

(For your threat I'm gonna say a stream vent opened and will give you a setback to your next check)

(P.s. what's the Destiny pool looking like?)

15 hours ago, TheShard said:

Lightsaber attack : 3eA+2eP+5eD 0 successes, 2 threat
a-s.png a-s.png a-s-s.png p-s-a.png p-s.png d-f-th.png d-f-th.png d-f-f.png d-f.png d-f-th.png <<<<<<??????

(Of course i forgot something so heres the boost from aim... And i get a boost for higher ground right?)

Aim and high ground boosts : 2eB 0 successes, 1 advantage
b-a.png b--.png

(For your threat I'm gonna say a stream vent opened and will give you a setback to your next check)

not quite shure what you did here ^^

Your Difficulty would have been: 2 Purple (Lightsaber attack) and 5 Black (3 for the enviorment and 1 for The wookiees Defensive maneuver and one for his melee defense).
Please reroll the negative part of the check!

The boost was correct (The high ground effect ends after the attack)

You both are now engaged!
The Destinypool is at 2 White (for Grrawlryyhl ) and 0 Black

(Too many dice bots with different commands!)

Difficulty : 2eD+5eS 3 failures, 2 threat
d-f.png d-th.png s-f.png s-f.png s-th.png s--.png s--.png

// I'll be parrying some of the damage—what's the total there? Threat, damage, etc? //

(So that's no threat and 3 success and the lightsaber looks to be 8 dmg +3 success so that's 11dmg and one auto adv from fine tuned emitter which i can't do much with so ill use it to pass a boost to myself I'll be taking strain to add brawn to dmg so that's a total of 15 dmg)

Edited by TheShard

Finally! The wide arc of his defensive circle widening into an offensive swing. Its a Soresu attack, but modified by the power the stout drall is able to add to the strike. It both haymaker and strategic, designed to be parried but still break through for he knows his opponent is ready!

Edited by TheShard

Avoid your end! Throw your weapons down. Your people have been slaves long enough, don't chain yourself to the side of Dark!

// I'll use Parry to reduce the damage to 11 //

I'm really confused about the rules for altitude now. According to this,

On 11/21/2017 at 2:28 AM, Nightone said:

Altidude! - This place is nuts, no straight lines, no good ground - to get away more than Short, the character has to
a) use one extra maneuver (to climb up)
resulting in a boost while he has the higher ground (and a setback for the enemy )
b) use no extra maneuver (jumping down)
resulting in a setback for lower ground ( and a boost for the higher ground enemy )

...it would seem that it takes place outside of short range (meaning that I rolled an extra setback last turn, it's no big deal). But if you're saying now that it applies to melee combat, I don't see how it works. What is the procedure?

@awayputurwpn Narrative: Jumping from the Highground down towards the opponent. (The reason why Anakin shouldn't have jumped up, while Obi could have jumped down ^^)

@TheShard And Sorry you can't use Falling avalanche after the hit, you have to proclaim it beforehand, the talent states specific you suffer 2 Strain to add damage[=brawn] to the NEXT lightsabercheck with in this turn. so the Damage for @awayputurwpn is still "only" 11 minus parry = 7 damage before soak.

finally engaged - now kill each other of ^^

Ah ****. Ok. Also check the main pvp thread i have a question

9 hours ago, Nightone said:

awayputurwpn Narrative: Jumping from the Highground down towards the opponent. (The reason why Anakin shouldn't have jumped up, while Obi could have jumped down ^^)

My question is mostly about how it works at engaged or short range. If I had known it worked at engaged or short range, I would have started climbing on my first round . But your wording makes it sound like it only works out past short range. Please clarify.

Edit: I realized that sounds like complaining—I'm not; I was just trying to explain my question. If high ground works at short/engaged, could you please reword it so I can be sure I understand what's going on?

Edited by awayputurwpn

@awayputurwpn everything is fine, sometimes the language/ imgaination barrier can kick in and make my description hard to understand.

I editet the wording by adding:

Altidude! - This place is nuts, no straight lines, no good ground - to get away more than Short, the character has to
a) use one extra maneuver (to climb up)
resulting in a boost while he has the higher ground (and a setback for the enemy )
b) use no extra maneuver (jumping down)
resulting in a setback for lower ground ( and a boost for the higher ground enemy )
Clarification: The boost/setback remains until the end of the turn both characters re-engaged again. (so a character climbing up after another will still have a set back if he attacks in this turn - since it is still harder to attack directly after climbing, while a character that goes down to engage a character has the oppurtunity to use his velocity from jumping down to get the boost within the same turn (like a charge attack).

So the Boost/Setback kicks in once the characters go beyonde short range by climbing up (extra maneuver) or jumping down (no extra maneuver).
and ends at the end of the Turn the characters got engaged again.

So in this case, The Drall jumped down on you getting a last boost for "high ground" with that, the boost/ setback is now over.

I admit it was a terrible and unessessarry micro-managment I forced upon this fight.
(Still learning new things, even I do, yes I do hrrmm!)

Edited by Nightone

// I'll ignore the setback imposed by the steam vent, since I have an enhanced optics suite that allows me to remove such setback dice. //

Attacking Drez'n with Backhand Shock Glove : 4eP+2eD+6eS 4 failures, 3 advantage
p-a.png p-s-a.png p-s-a.png p-s-s.png d-f.png d-f-f.png s--.png s-f.png s-f.png s-f.png s-f.png s-f.png

Grrawlryyhl stumbles back from the onslaught but comes back up swinging, his powered gauntlet humming with energy. The drall's lightsaber is too much in the way, but no matter—a quick maneuver, dodge to the right, elbow to the jaw, and utilizing his superior height he catches the Jedi's extended arm. In one fluid motion he twists the lightsaber from the Jedi's grasp and catches it.

// I'd like to spend the 3 Advantage to disarm Drez'n once more, but this time I'll use my free maneuver to grab the lightsaber. //

Grrwalryyhl shakes his head as he holds the lightsaber out of the little drall's reach, deactivating the green blade. <I'm not chained to anything, small one. I'm free . But you're my bounty, so I guess one of us will be leaving here in chains.> The Wookiee chuffs at his own joke.

// @TheShard you there? //