Sorry About The Mess: Arena B

By Richardbuxton, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

<You say unarmed, but your laser sword says otherwise. Drop your lightsaber and fight with your bare hands,> Grrwalryyhl intoned.

Edited by awayputurwpn

' I begin to think you are deeper in the Darkside than I with you making me suffer your incessant babbling creature!' Arissas previous veil of calm drops and her anger shows plain on her face. Teeth gritted in a sneer she assumes a combat stance. 'Face me Grrwalryyhl or shoot me down where I stand!'

I wish I was on my actual campaign version of Arissa her deception would have really helped here :P

Had a roll here but got my Setbacks and Boosts all swapped around, since I was making a called shot. Here's the real roll:

Called shot to disarm Arissa (fixed, with setback for aiming twice) : 2eP+2eA+1eB+2eC+2eS 0 successes, 1 advantage
p-a-a.png p-s.png a--.png a-a.png b-s-a.png c-f-th.png c-f-th.png s-th.png s--.png

Grrwarhyyl aimed at the Force user, hoping that the force of his blasts would be enough to make Arissa drop her lightsaber, but she merely batted his blaster bolts back at him.

Perhaps it was time for more forceful measures, because time was running out for both of them. The bounty hunter hopped over the desk in front of him, knocking some potted plants onto the floor in the process. This Jedi would be his.

I'll use my maneuver to move to the close end of Long range.

Edited by awayputurwpn

(OOC: Grrwahlryyhl knows that lightsaber will cut him to pieces. What I'm really hoping for is a fight between the Wookiee and that sith sword that Arissa has!) :ph34r:

You should have had another boost from your advantage spent I think?

2 minutes ago, SithArissa said:

You should have had another boost from your advantage spent I think?

Oh thanks! Hey GM @Nightone , can I use the 1 Advantage to notice something important? Anything I can use to my advantage?

I'll move to short range with 2 maneuvers once Its my turn.

Arissa meets Grrwahlryyhls charge and hurls herself over a table of scientific equipment knocking glass and metal tools to the floor. Landing on her feet she stares down Grrwahlryyhl never allowing the imposing size of the Wookie to intimidate her. Weakness must be discarded.

I keep forgetting the RP stuff.

Edited by SithArissa

I suppose I don't need to notice anything important right now. Since we're at short range, I can aim as an incidental. I'll do that and use my free maneuver to aim a second time.

As the Arissa rushed in to meet him with red blade burning, Grrwalryyhl snapped off a shot with his light repeating blaster.

Short ranged LRB attack (aiming twice) : 2eP+2eA+3eB+1eC+1eD+1eS 3 successes, 1 advantage
p-s.png p-s.png a-a.png a-s-a.png b-s.png b--.png b-s.png c-f-th.png d-f.png s--.png

That's 14 damage with Pierce 1...Reflect?

I'm dead even if I do :P

OH wait

Yes reflect will leave me at 1 wound!!

Arissa barely deflects the bolt the Wookie shot at near point blank range. Her side is grazed as it passes by leaving an excruciating burn on her rib cage. She reels back but recovers quickly preparing another charge.

Edited by SithArissa

@awayputurwpn one of the chemicals on the table near your remebers you of the sluggy-glob-fluid that is use for glob grenades (could be grabe and use as an glob grenaded without damage but ensnare 2)

The blast was deflected once more. The Wookiee roared in indignation, and threw his blaster to the ground. He then readied himself to spar, trying to get a sense of the red-bladed weapon.

Lol I just realized I've been forgetting about my "Bantha's Eye" laser sight. It gives me +1 Advantage on checks using the LRB. So I'll take that 2 Advantage and use it to give myself a Boost die to my next check. Dropping my LRB as an incidental.

I think I should actually get some combat in on this pvp combat tournament. I'll move into engaged and take a saber swing.

Saber Attack 3 Success 1 Threat 10 damage

2eB+2eP+2eA+2eD+2eS : 3 successes, 1 threat [2eB=S/A, A/A] [2eP=S, -] [2eA=S, S] [2eD=Th, Th/Th] [2eS=F, Th]
b-s-a.png b-a-a.png p-s.png p--.png a-s.png a-s.png d-th.png d-th-th.png s-f.png s-th.png

Arissa charges forward and uses an underhand slash to strike the Wookie across the torso leaving a harsh wound across his stomach.

I'll Parry the blow for 2 strain, leaving me with 6 wounds. And I'll use the Threat to cause you 1 strain, @SithArissa .

I am at 10 wounds 6 strain currently then. You are at 16 wounds and 16 strain for the unarmed parry?

And is all your melee strain damage?

Edited by SithArissa

I'm at 6/22 wounds, and 2/17 strain. I believe you are at 12 wounds, no? 8 - 5 + 9 = 12? And you also should be at 7 strain, for the two Reflects and 1 Threat that I just rolled.

Currently, I'm wearing two stun-damage-only weapons. I could just kick you for normal damage, but that wouldn't be any fun :) So yeah damage dealt with either of my fists is strain damage.

Speaking of which, I just rolled, so narrative incoming!

So how does parry work with stun damage? I spend strain to take less strain?

Sorry I'm going the other way from you for the wounds and such, we are saying the same thing just the opposite way around.

Edited by SithArissa

Backhand Shock Glove (aiming)! : 4eP+2eB+2eC+3eS 1 success, 2 threat, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png p-s.png p-s.png p-s.png b--.png b--.png c-f-th.png c-th.png s--.png s-f.png s-f.png

That's 7 stun damage. Parry?

Grrwalryyhl took the strike and pushed into the dark Jedi, slamming into the side of her head with the back of his hand. The shock glove connected, and sparks flew as the Jedi was momentarily staggered.

Edited by awayputurwpn
5 minutes ago, SithArissa said:

So how does parry work with stun damage? I spend strain to take less strain?

Sorry I'm going the other way from you for the wounds and such, we are saying the same thing just the opposite way around.

Yeah you can Parry for less strain damage. So you'd be trading 7 strain for 3 strain with your ridiculously high Parry rating :D And removing the possibility of a crit.

Edited by awayputurwpn

I'll spend those threat to add a black to your next check (if there is one) How are you spending your triumph?

And a parry of course. 3 strain.

Edited by SithArissa

I'll spend the Triumph to activate the Concussive trait on the backhand shock gloves, giving you to staggered condition (you lose your action) for 1 round.

Setback noted.

I will use 2 maneuvers then 1 for a Guarded stance (we both get a Setback on our next checks) and an Aim maneuver for next turn.

The shock hit Arissa hard. Her vision blurs and her legs begin to shake. Only on instinct does she assume a defensive stance that was long ago ingrained into her by her Jedi Master.

Edited by SithArissa

@SithArissa please remember since you staggered you are not able to convert the action to a maneuver so the second maneuver still costs 2 strain!

Then Ignore the Aim and I'll just do the Guard.

Grrwalryyhl knew he needed to press the advantage while he still had it. He closed in on the Twi'lek, trying to duck around her defenses, but she was holding him off. That lightsaber had to go! Summoning his wruushi training, the Wookiee ducked under a weak blow and hammered on the back end of the lightsaber hilt, while simultaneously sweeping his other long arm underneath Arissa's legs.

Shield gauntlet smack : 4eP+2eC+4eS 2 failures, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png p-a-a.png p-s.png p-s.png c-f-f.png c-f-f.png s--.png s--.png s-f.png s--.png Adding a setback to that last attack : 1eS 1 failure
s-f.png

(4 melee defense, and momentarily forgot about the 1 setback from Threat)

I'll use the Triumph to disarm Arissa, and the 2 Advantage to trigger a Knockdown, causing her to fall prone.

Called it!