Beyond the Wall: E-Town, The next generation

By Fat Bob, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

Bringin it into the 21st century!

. . . With a side of gravy and a nice pint O' Guin. . .

It wouldn't be an E-Town thread if I didn't post at least once. Well it would. But still. I'll have to join you guys next time you're out for games. Do you still do the whole beer and wings thing?

Well, this is interesting. Even I can change I guess. Running out of time for thrones over the holidays, maybe we should try and play around the 10th or 11th weekend. Sheldonis, check your schedule.

I'm okay for the 10th or 11th, but I'm also good for this weekend right now as well. Either way let me know.

I got your message Hoser about the new chapter packs at Wizards and how Saturday is better the Sunday for you. Saturday would be fine for me as well.

Well guys, my next few weekends are going to be a little busy with my brothers wedding and stuff so Im thinking we should try and get a game set up for the first weekend in Febuary. I have some ideas I want to try out...

Well, we shouldn't get bumped to the second page. That isn't cool. Wizards has new chapter packs and I specifically made one of the guys look up the core set and order it. He says it should be here soon. New chapter packs, potential core set maybe showing up, and Sheldon wears women's clothes. It must be time to play some thrones.

Any interest in getting some thrones together for this weekend, say Saturday in the afternoon sometime?

I would be ok to play on Saturday. Hoser?

I have a weird saturday and sunday handball weekend. I could stop by for a beer after the game though, if you guys are playing for sure. Otherwise this has become the busiest weekend of recent mememory. How is yourmom doing by the way?

Just checking if there's any interest in getting some thrones together for this sunday (March 8th) at The Act (or wherever), drop a line if you're interested.

Gentlemen, it has been awhile. Whats going on?

Well the silly season is upon me. I have been super busy and there has been little time for cards. I wonder if we could get together to play next weekend. I will check with my life, but I also have a week off coming up to sling cards so a week night might work as well.

Excellent. Let us know when is good for you.

In other words, YourMom has become SomeonesDad so send him some love and congratulations.

I think that Sunday looks like the only day. If not Sunday then let me know of a weeknight during next week. Super congrats to Yourmom. Maybe we should throw him a geek baby shower where the only gifts are chapter packs and +1 diapers of changing. Do we have any of the details that Jen will ask when I tell her. Sex, Weight, Time, Astrological sign.

Hey guys, thanks for the congrats! Her name is Echo Maria and she was born 1:17 AM on the 23rd, 6 lbs, 5 ounces, height I have no idea. Seriously some +1 diapers of changing would rule. So would some chapter packs since I'm thinking I'm gonna start getting back into thrones here. I've been re-reading the series and am starting to lust after some of the new cards. I'll probably pick one or two up right away. Anyway, baby is cute and a handful, so no breaking of stereotypes there. Hopefully in the not so far future once things have settled a bit I'll be able to make it out for a game, or alternatively host one at our condo. Talk soon, hope all is well with all y'all.

1. Firstly, sorry for the long absence. These are the last two crazy weekends before life gets back to normal. Maybe we should check schedules for the second or third weekend in may.

2. Secondly, I hope that everything is good with yourmom and his new family. It is good to read that he is enjoying the change and thinking about playing some thrones.

3. Sheldon is still Sheldon, but Fatbob is currently Tucker.

Hey guys.

Its been awhile. Whats going on?

Someday I will be able to visit...

And when that day comes...

Staton will feel the heat from a thousand miles away, the burns will be so bad.

Psh! More like I'll casually ignore them and keep pretending I'm awesome!....hmmmm that sounded alot less pathetic in my head. *shrugs* oh wells.

Anyways! Congrats to yourmom! who apparently is also yourdad? The plot thickens. I hope that someday the E-town Phenomenon will spread to the rest of the world, like some sort of airborne virus that kills all motivation, aspiration, and the will to live.

Hey, I'm looking into getting into Game of Thrones LCG with a friend or two of mine. Do you guys still play somewhat often? And where is a good place to buy cards in Edmonton? How much do they go for here?

Thanks!

Hey Saej,

I have traditionally gotten my cards from Wizards on 109st, but most places like Warp 1 should also carry them. My memory for the price is pretty bad but I think they run around 12-15$.

Sadly, our GoT time hasn't been very regular lately. Its mosty impromtu games brought together by one member or another.

Where do you guys play? We should set up a time to play at Warp 1 or something. Also, if any of your buddies are looking to get out of the game, I know one or two guys that will take your cards off your hands for a few dollars, *wink, wink*. Let me know in this thread!

Hey Saej

Let us know if you guys have a regular game going. We have gotten pretty lazy with deck building lately and could use new players to get us more active. Most of the players we know right now are still playing but sometimes old players check the boards and they might have old product. By Old, I mean really old product. The small meta that we have been playing with has been this way since WE and most of those cards are not legal anymore. Any thing older than ITE that is tourney legal can be found in the core set.