SoCal Meta(s) - LA and San Diego

By Deathjester26, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

Well done to all the Gencon players. Good job on the overall John!

Hey thanks Erwo! I'm bummed I can't make it to CaliCon, but I hope you guys have a great time! There should be a pretty good turnout from SoCal! :)

Bronson said:

Hey thanks Erwo! I'm bummed I can't make it to CaliCon, but I hope you guys have a great time! There should be a pretty good turnout from SoCal! :)

What is CaliCon?

Hello all! I live in San Diego and am interested in learning this fine game. When & where do people meet to play? I saw Game Empire mentioned earlier...

imrahil327 said:

Hello all! I live in San Diego and am interested in learning this fine game. When & where do people meet to play? I saw Game Empire mentioned earlier...

We meet every Monday at Game Empire. Most start showing up around 6-7 PM.

GrugalM said:

What is CaliCon?

We gather all the AGoT players we can get from all over California and party it up for the weekend. Melee on Saturday, Joust on Sunday, fun non-stop.

An official run down of the events hasn't been posted yet, but it'll be Oct 1st, and 2nd this year up in the Bay Area.

Deathjester26 said:

GrugalM said:

What is CaliCon?

We gather all the AGoT players we can get from all over California and party it up for the weekend. Melee on Saturday, Joust on Sunday, fun non-stop.

An official run down of the events hasn't been posted yet, but it'll be Oct 1st, and 2nd this year up in the Bay Area.

Great I know there is 3 of us that would be interested.

I'll try to get the organizer of Calicon to post something up in the organized play forums asap.

For now, we're planning on having a warm-up tourney on September 17th at Pair A Dice Games. It will be a joust tourney, with registration starting around 11:30am. This will be the first tournament for many people there, so feel free to stop on by!

Deathjester26 said:

I'll try to get the organizer of Calicon to post something up in the organized play forums asap.

For now, we're planning on having a warm-up tourney on September 17th at Pair A Dice Games. It will be a joust tourney, with registration starting around 11:30am. This will be the first tournament for many people there, so feel free to stop on by!

We will definitely be there. Expect 2 more players.

Right now it is a maybe on CaliCon for us.

Anyone in the SFV who is interested in a few games?

I just picked up the core set recently and love it - would love to have some experience playing in larger groups.

I saw somewhere there are people who meet in Pasadena, I'm in NoHo myself.

I'm in SFV and just got started with a Core and some other sets and definitely down for some games.

Will people be playing at Game Empire in San Diego this Monday? I'd like to come on over, introduce myself, check out the scene, etc.

We will definitely be there this coming Monday. We'll keep an eye out for you.

Excellent! Looking forward to getting my feet wet.

I don't know where in San Diego people are located, but there's a new gaming store that just opened in Poway. They don't have a full website yet, but here's their facebook page: www.facebook.com/pages/AT-EASE-Games/261842953840848#!/pages/AT-EASE-Games/261842953840848 They have most of the chapter packs and all of the big boxes except Lord of Winter, last I looked.

It would be cool to have a tournament or play night there some time to support them!

For the tournament that is happening at Pair a Dice this Saturday at 11:00, will proxy cards be legal? Some people I know want to play with cards they don't have so they want to put them in sleeves with a real card as backing and print out the face.

Thanks

AceManUSC said:

For the tournament that is happening at Pair a Dice this Saturday at 11:00, will proxy cards be legal? Some people I know want to play with cards they don't have so they want to put them in sleeves with a real card as backing and print out the face.

Thanks

In case you didn't see the answer given on the Facebook page for the tournament, here it is:

"Proxies will not be allowed since we have some (limited) prizes from FFG. I haven't been in there since the move, but Pair-A-Dice usually has a healthy supply of chapter packs and I'm willing to loan out cards as long as I have them. Just shoot me a message and we can work something out! Looking forward to it!"

(Also- how goofy is it that I cannot paste text onto these boards with pop-up blockers enabled?!)

Beat me to it! Thanks Imrahil. Aceman, you can contact me at [email protected] if you'd like to borrow card(s).

I discovered Emerald Knight in Burbank has an awesome setup. They are open till midnight on the weekends too, and the gamer core there seems to be very inviting...also a sports bar across the street!

I play another CCG at Emerald Knights, they are indeed a really nice store. I'm not sure if they carry AGOT, but I'd be down for a tournament there as well.

Hi. Any lords or ladies from Orange County down for some exploding Robert Baratheons? (he looks like he is going to explode) I'm from Fountain Valley. Shoot me an email. I only have the core set by the way, but I think I'm going to remedy that soon by just buying a ton of stuff.

godrifle earthlink net

You boys ready for Calicon?

Fieras said:

Emotionally ready, yes! Actually have a deck......? um?

Deathjester26 said:

Fieras said:

Emotionally ready, yes! Actually have a deck......? um?

I think I am one step past you. I have a deck! Happy with it? Not yet.

There is going to be a bunch of us playing tomorrow, 10/15, at Game Empire in Pasadena. Starts around 11:30 - 12:00.

See you guys there!