SoCal Meta(s) - LA and San Diego

By Deathjester26, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

It's wonderful that I can search for people who play AGoT in California through the boards, but I can't see what cities people are in, and even if I could, I can't exactly send a PM to any of you gran_risa.gif

If there's anyone south of the Grapevine that's new to the game, or any of the old timers still out there who would like to play, post in here. Hopefully, we can revive AGoT in SoCal.

so lonely on this thread. just wanted to send my best to the Mafia and the rest of SoCal. If you see 'em aroud DJester, tell them to keep it real. :D

Sac Town Mafia would have a Meta thread with 50 or so pages already happy.gif

I miss those guys.

The Threat from the East Bay guys up in the SF Bay Area are thriving though. Cali still has some AGoT life in it.

Hello! I am new to AGOT: the LCG but definitely looking for some more people to play with. I have met up with the FGS ( http://fgsnc.com/ ) in north county San Diego and they are a good group but I'm definitely willing to branch out. I am down in La Mesa though. Let me know!

Many thanks!
Bronson.

Awesome!!!

Currently I'm the only person I know who plays down here. I'm in San Diego (Carmel Valley area). I have another friend down in Chula Vista who might still be interested in the game.

Either way, I'm more than willing to meet up and play some games. I used to play at Game Empire or Artifex. I free most nights except Mondays, and all day Sunday.

I spoke with Arcaine and we will be meeting up at Pair-A-Dice games in Vista at noon on Sunday. Please either post here or on the FGS boards if you can make it! And sorry for the late response!

Bronson.

Errrr... I meant Saturday not Sunday!

After partying it up with Thrones the past couple of weekends, I've got some family stuff going on this weekend. I currently don't have anything planned after that, so just let me know when you guys meet up again.

Is there anyone interested in playing AGoTs in the LA Area? Let me know. My usual stomping grounds are at the Gameology shop in Montclair, CA

Hey Cornnut,

Do you have anyone else you are currently playing with? I'd be willing to make a drive up from San Diego once a month or so to play on a Saturday if we can get a group going. Unfortunately, weeknights I'd spend more time in traffic than playing!

Currently, there are a couple of guys down here who are playing casually. We're actually getting together tonight to play. I also know of one other person (hal) who is around OC somewhere as well. As far as older players who might be interested in playing, I know of one guy out your way.

Let me talk to some of the old crew and see if I can rally any troops.

We might be able to meet half-way at Sky High Comics in Temecula, CA.

I have no problem driving out to Temecula one of these weekends. I think I'm free every weekend except for the first weekend in March. Let me know what works for you.

Also, if anyone else is interested in getting together out in Temecula (Hal, Bronson, etc.), chime in and let us know what works. I would love to get something going down here again.

KublaCon Update!

A Game of Thrones now has 3 superb events scheduled for KublaCon weekend in Burlingame, California for May 29-30.

Saturday 11am-5pm : LCG Joust Tournament, 4-5 rounds of Swiss with a cut to top 8 and single elimination.

Saturday 6pm-11pm : Legacy and LCG CUBE draft! If you have never experienced draft, this is your chance to experience an incredibly fun format. All draft supplies are provided...all you need do show up ready to put your skills to the test. Draft may be the most fun, unpredictable format in Thrones.

Sunday: 10am-4pm: LCG Melee. We will have 3-4 table rounds, with a cut to the final four table. Melee is the ultimate test of skill and awareness. Pit yourself against three opponents at once for some seriously mind-bending and swingy play. There's no telling who will finish atop the midden heap in a melee!

The Ironmen of the Easy Bay would like to invite all California players to this amazing Con. Even if you're not from California, there are many that can attest to the quality and fun of KublaCon. There are so many games to choose from, a weekend spent here will never be boring. Come on, make the trip, you know you want to!

www.kublacon.com

If you purchase an advanced weekend pass on or before February 28th, the cost is only $35 for four days of unlimited gaming. The pass gets you into ALL games at the convention, not just Thrones!

I will be there.

Hopefully I will not be driving up alone!

BTW, if anyone down in SoCal is interested in going up to Kubla, my car is available (up to 3 more people).

I'm looking at driving up either Friday morning, or after work depending on what works best for all that come along.

If you feel too new to the game, or don't think you have enough cards, I'll have multiple decks with me or we can even get together before Kubla and build you a deck out of my collection. This is a wonderful chance top meet the people who play this game. It is a great community that loves to have a fun time. No one will judge you for coming out of nowhere to kick all our butts (or the opposite, should that be the case). All we want are more people to enjoy this great game with.

I'll be getting a room at the Hotel with a few of my friends, but there may be floor space for you depending on how many people come along.

So seriously, my cars is open. First come, first serve, with exceptions being made for friends I already know who have since stopped playing the game and may wish to join me for the drive (they automatically get a spot should they want one) gui%C3%B1o.gif gui%C3%B1o.gif .

Definitely interested in KublaCon. I'll have a better idea of my schedule in a few weeks, but I'm very keen on the idea of getting squashed in the tournament. To any other SoCal folks, we're going to be meeting up in Oceanside Friday night. Feel free to take a peek at the Fanatical Gamer Society boards at www.fgsnc.com as I'm not very active on these boards personally.

For anyone interested:

We're going to be meeting up at Game Empire in San Diego on Monday (4/5) night at 7pm. There should be 3 or 4 of us. Feel free to come and hang out.

A Game of Thrones will have a presence at Kingdom-con in San Diego! Deathjester and I have a table reserved for AGoT demos and play at noon on Saturday, 4/17. One-day admission is $15 to the entire con. Saturday's going to be the day to go, because not only will there be AGoT, but lots of other demos, tournaments, and even a pirate-themed band! Here's the website: http://www.kingdom-con.com/

DJ - sorry if I beat ya to it, but I'm really looking forward getting my thrones on this weekend, haha!

Bronson said:

DJ - sorry if I beat ya to it, but I'm really looking forward getting my thrones on this weekend, haha!

lol... no problem man. My voice starts to become white noise in this thread after a while. I'm pleased you posted this up!

Now that's what I call a successful demo!!! We were giving demos left and right at Kingdom-con.

Major congrats and thanks Bronson for organizing and putting that all together.

We had lots of thrones action on Saturday! It was awesome... the huge popularity of the books and HBO series caused the majority of wanderers to come by to at least strike up a conversation. I'd say about 40% of those folks actually sat down through 2 rounds of demos and almost half of those folks wanted to finish a whole game. We were using core sets to minimize complexity (e.g. no shadows) and I encouraged most newbies to play House Stark. Needless to say, core set Stark unleashed a horde of characters and made for a fun first experience!

Thanks for the note DeathJester... couldn't have done it without you!

BTW... we're keep AGoT fever going in San Diego. Come join Deathjester and I at Game Empire in San Diego on Monday 4/26 at 7pm!

I'm sorry I missed the demo last weekend. I just picked up the game at Gameology yesterday. They had a demo of the core set for sale. I'm in the LA area Cornnut. If you are still playing, I'm available. I'm considering Kubla-con due to this game. Just finished the first book and I've got the fever! happy.gif

Hey Gamer! Glad you're enjoying the books! We're meeting up tonight at Game Empire in San Diego which is quite a trip for you especially considering traffic. If you can make it, great! If not hopefully we can meet up soon... I'll send you a PM so we can work out the details.

Also, in case you haven't seen it yet, the video tutorial is helpful for new players. Here's the link:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=10&esem=4

Welcome to the California Thrones Community WTFGamer. You mentioned Kublacon. I really hope that you can make it. The Bay Area thrones meta is running the events, along with Deathjester from your area. It should be a really kickin' weekend. Hopefully we'll see you there!

Syd