SoCal Meta(s) - LA and San Diego

By Deathjester26, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

Next meetup is Monday night at Game Empire... most folks arrive between 6:30 and 7.

Next meet up is this coming Tuesday (10/5) around 6:30pm at Game Empire. This will be our last meet up before Calicon, so bring your decks for some final testing!

Congrats James on your first round win in the OCTGN tourney! Lets go CA!

Yes ser! West siiide! Honestly I think this one came down to luck. Nightmares on double renown bob slowed him down, and I managed to get a refugee out of Val at a key moment to beat a power challenge to prevent the win. Glad to hear you beat Dobbler! All in all looking forward to the next match!

Oh and BTW - San Diego folks - the next meet up is at Game Empire, Tuesday night! Most folks arrive by 6:30. See ya there!

Sux that you (Bronson) and DJ26 got matched up for next round....but at least you don't have to play online if you don't want to. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Awesome Thronesing last night guys.

See you again next week! (Tuesdays at 6:30pm at Game Empire in San Diego, for anyone out there who might like to come out).

Hey who won that last match? Sorry I couldn't stay at the end there... had to grab a bite to eat and get back to my writing.

Great to see our little meta growing by the way..!

We had to call it quits after the 10th or 11th plot because the store was closing. Still, I think I was eventually going to lose. It was one of those long, grinding games that make the Viper very angry.

Sorry that I have missed the past few weeks. Things at work are slowing down a bit now so I will try to make it this Tuesday. What new decks have you guys been testing? Anybody try a Bolton one yet?

Hey man, good to hear from you! We'll be there this Thursday for sure.

As for new decks, I built a Stark Wildlings deck just to see how bad it is.... it's pretty bad. Corky started coming out, and has a GJ mill deck that we're all trying to fine tune.

Thanks for the head's up man! I was wondering where you have been. Good to hear work is keeping you busy though!

I'm pretty sure DeathJester means Tuesday. I'll be there at least. I've been playing around with a Brotherhood Beric deck with King Viserys and lots of attachments. It's pretty fun, but I didn't really get too far in the OCTGN tourney. It'll probably get stronger as the last few chapter packs come out. I've dabbled with clansmen with Knights of the Hollow Hill and that is fun as well. I like building the non-kneely Lanni decks hehe.

Hope to see you tomorrow!

Bronson said:

I'm pretty sure DeathJester means Tuesday.

~Tuesday, Thursday. Tomato, potato.... lol. It's all one big blur man.

See you guys tomorrow! 6:30 at Game Empire. I'm looking forward to a rematch against DJ's nasty Stark Wildlings with my hollow hill clansmen. I can't believe I was only one power away! I've also put together an Asshai shadows deck that I think might be fun. Shadow Enchantress from the latest cp was just too enticing to pass up. Hopefully you guys can help me test and tune it.

Errr... the clock struck midnight while I wrote that. By tomorrow, I mean Tuesday, the 28th. Be there or be... not there!

Thrones tonight! See you guys around 6:30pm at Game Empire.

Burger throw down tonight!!!! 6:30ish at Game Empire.

Round robin Thrones followed by food at Studio Diner. Losers buy the winners meal!

I still think you were sandbagging somehow on that last game. Congrats though! And you better have an arts n crafts trophy next time around! Haha!

I'm not good enough to sandbag. lol.

See you guys on the 18th for more thrones!

Just a reminder that we will be moving to Monday nights as of this coming week. See you guys on the 24th!!!

Buried in Snow? Dreaming of Spring Break already? Have you been eyeing the AGoT LCG and want to see what it’s about? Or, did you just pick up the game, and are ready to meet others who play?

Our local group is going to be running a Thrones tourney and Demo at Kingdom-Con 2011, April 15-17th.

The convention will be held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Hotel Circle, San Diego. (2270 Hotel Circle North, San Diego)

This is a newer Con that our local buddy has been running the past couple of years. It’s small, but our local meta should produce ~7 players. With NorCal players and people who might be interested from the LA area, we’re pushing to have at least 12. The website for the Con should be up soon, but I thought I’d get the word out early.

The Melee will be on Friday night at 7pm, followed by the Joust at 11am on Saturday. Sunday (and any other down time) will probably consist of demos, shenanigans, etc. There will be extra decks floating around if you are cardless and would still like to participate.

Please see the Support page for tourney rules and FAQ information.
http://fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=10&esem=4

Really looking forward to kingdom con!

We're going to skip Monday's meet in honor of Val day. See you guys in two weeks, on the 21st!

Hey folks,

I'm located in Ventura, CA, about halfway between Malibu & Santa Barbara. Just started getting into the game a couple weeks ago. So far I'm supplying the cards to the 3 or 4 people who are playing with me, and if I can manage, I'll see about talking the local game shop into hosting some introductions and overviews of the game. It might be a hard sell though. They carry *no* LCG lines and instead focus on pokemon, magic, and yu-gi-oh to a significant degree (they host official magic tourneys weekly, and have 2-3 days devoted *just* to people meeting to play Magic).

However, if I can convince them to carry the cards, I might be able to rouse up some players. Otherwise it looks like the two groups are down in SD and up in the Bay area, which although I travel a lot to the Bay, work would keep me from ever attending. Which sucks.

If I can manage to get something rolling I'll let everyone know.

Thanks for posting TheFlatline.

I know there has been some interest up in the LA area by a few people. Hopefully, they can see your post and get in contact with you. Good luck getting your group going!

We're having another Battle for the Burger this coming Monday night aroudn 7pm at Game Empire.

If we have enough people we'll run a small swiss styled tourney. If not, we'll do a round robin.

Dinner to follow at Studio Diner, with the losers paying for the winners meal.