SoCal Meta(s) - LA and San Diego

By Deathjester26, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

Kingdom-Con 2011 is 2 weeks away!!!! Here's a link with a run down of events:

www.kingdom-con.com/events

Friday, April 15th @ 7:00pm - Melee

Saturday, April 16th @ 11:00am - Joust

Sunday, April 17th - nothing scheduled, but there will probably be some demos happening

Kingdom-Con 2011 will be held in San Diego at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Hotel Circle (2270 Hotel Circle North, San Diego, CA 92108). Pre-Reg Memberships are $35 for the weekend, or $40 at the door. One-Day tickets bought at the door are $15.

Tourney rules can be found here: www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/agotlcg/support/AGoT_TourneyRules_2010-11.pdf

Please be sure to check the FAQ for banned cards and erratas.

FYI, this is a small convention run by one of our friends here in San Diego. This is a great chance for anyone near by who is looking to meet others that play the game. Our San Diego group is small and growing, so anyone new to the game is more than welcome to come out. We are hoping to get around 12 players for each event, and we'll have extra decks on hand if you feel you need one!

Those going to Kingdom-Con....

Please read the new FAQ, especially the section regarding the new "Restricted List".

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=2141

These rules will be in place for the Melee and Joust.

Happy deck adjustments gran_risa.gif

I at about 75% for Kingdom Con Joust and 50% for Kingdom Con Melee

Returning to GOT after a long hiatus. Would love to find people to play with in the greater Los Angeles area -- set-up something weekly, bi-weekly, bi-annually! Just hoping to get back in the game. Let me know if you are interested.

Woot! 5 new and 3 returning players last night for Thrones.

Nice to see all of you, even if I didn't get the chance to meet everyone. If this continues, and after people adjust to the game, maybe we'll have ourselves a tourney or start an AGoT league.

See you all at 7pm next Monday at Game Empire in San Diego!

FYI, we are planning on having a Thrones-a-palooza on May 14th. Just open, casual AGoT, to get to know the game, and each other better.

We were planning on meeting at Dice House, but it looks like they will be busy with another event. We are currently looking into either Comic Cult in Norwalk, or Pair-o-Dice Games in Vista.

Stay tuned, and I'll keep you posted.

Thrones-a-palooza!

This coming Saturday 5/14 at Game Empire in San Diego. We'll be deck building and playing casual Thrones from noon until whenever. Hope you can come down and hang out!

Also, we will be having a Tourney this coming Monday at Game Empire in San Diego starting at 7pm.

We will be keeping it to 3 rounds due to time, so if we end up having 20 people again, we may have several smaller tournaments going on.

If you can't make it in time, still drop on by. There will be others in the same situation looking for casual games.

We will also have a sign up sheet for an AGoT league. Starting later this month. More details to follow.

Thanks DeathJester, for running the tourney. 16 players with a few more to spare was a good showing! Great to the visitors from LA, and I can't wait for next week when we're back at it with with casual play.

As DeathJester mentioned, we're aiming to translate this AGoT frenzy into a fun Summer League. We have a tentative start date of June 8 and it'll run 8-10 weeks. For more info email [email protected] .

I am just getting into the LCG, and if you want to add me to your e-mail list that would be cool. I live in Santa Barbara, so I can come to weekend tournies and events once I get up to tourney speed. I also play Trek ccg and come down to San Diego for their events. Does AGoT offer any cool promos for tourney play?

Take care,
Chris Donati

[email protected]

Welcome Chris!

There is some loot for events, but nothing big. FFG is currently supporting the game with playmats, deck boxes, and power counters. Also, if we have a large event, we'll just pitch in for extra prizes.

If you're looking for some games closer to home, contact mathlete. He's up in LA and has a group formed up there. Still a drive, but better than the drive to SD.

We'll keep you posted on events via email, but we'll also try to use these boards.

Hey guys, Greg here. I got into AGoT after playing it at Gaslightgathering in San Diego. However, I live up in Culver City. So if there is a mailing list or events in and around LA I'm down.

Hey Gearjock! It looks like you found our group on facebook, so that's a great start. Any time there's an event scheduled outside of a regular monday night SD meetup, you'll automatically be invited. As Ben (Scarletnite) mentioned, there will probably be something in the Culver City area arranged here pretty soon so stay tuned.

Oh awesome. I figured I would try to hit up as many places as possible, but it sounds like the community is already pretty well organized. I'll look forward to learning with you guys.

Great start to the SoCal AGoT Summer league!!! Thanks to everyone who showed up, especially the LA crew for making the trek.

We had 17 players sign up, and it looks like most people were able to get in about 2-3 league games.

If you were unable to make it down to Game Empire tonight, you can still jump in on the league next Monday.

Next week I will have rankings posted at the store.

New AGoT players looking for leagues or tourneys in LA and Orange County!

My 2 cousins and I are obsessed with the game and we want to find others to play against.

Since we are new we are constantly bickering over the rules so it would be nice to find experienced players to set us straight.

We live in La Mirada so its not difficult for us to drive up in the LA area or down in Orange County.

Here is my email.

[email protected]

Thank you!

Awesome.

Welcome GrugalM. I'll let Mathlete email you, since he's up in LA, and I'm down in SD. The have a handful of guys up in the LA area now.

Perfect sounds good. Will anyone be attending Comic-Con? We will be going July 20 - 24.

I didn't get a ticket but I MAY have an opportunity to go. Welcome to the game... glad you found us! I'm down in SD as well but definitely willing to make the trek up to LA for a game day.

Myself and a couple of friends will be in SD from Wednesday - Sunday this week. Do any players want to meet up? Which shop should we visit? We'll be at Comic Con the whole week to.

We usually meet up at Game Empire. I'm sure Bronson would be down for a couple of games, but wait to hear from him.

Perfect, sounds good. Here is my email, hit me for my cell number if you want to meet up sometime down there.

grugalm @ mac . com

Sorry I did not make it out on Monday. My wounds are still healing from the beat down John Bruno gave me last week. Good luck to all of you heading out to GenCon.

Thanks Joe! No worries about Monday. Congrats again on runner-up in the tourney... hopefully see you at GE on the 15th!