Glossary of Armada slang & abbreviations

By DiabloAzul, in Star Wars: Armada

Could you also add ' Sub ' (short for Submarine) for the MC80 Home One class cruiser and Dolphin for the MC30c? Were I play (my home) it is used to refer to them, and I naturally refer to them as such here, only to change it halfway through a post because others might not know the terms. Granted, this does mean that it might not be popular and hence without a place in your glossary, but then again, I haven't read all the posts so they may have been used. Maybe people use them elsewhere?

Generally we say pickle and shrimp respectively

Could you also add ' Sub ' (short for Submarine) for the MC80 Home One class cruiser and Dolphin for the MC30c? Were I play (my home) it is used to refer to them, and I naturally refer to them as such here, only to change it halfway through a post because others might not know the terms. Granted, this does mean that it might not be popular and hence without a place in your glossary, but then again, I haven't read all the posts so they may have been used. Maybe people use them elsewhere?

Generally we say pickle and shrimp respectively

Thanks, I have realized that, but I suggested the above because the two ships do look like subs and dolphins respectively, and I though that as such people may have used 'em.

Out of curiosity, how did pickle make it as the official and most popular nickname? And shrimp (they're round! )?

I've said it a number of times before, but it bears repeating - the glossary only records terms that are actually used in the forums. Whether another term may or may not be a better fit is irrelevant.

In the next update I will add RAF and pickle , as both do pop up from time to time. I'm keeping an eye out for genique , but unconvinced for now as it does not appear to have escaped Tirion's original thread yet. If it catches on, it will be duly added.

Crutch - A term to describe something in the game that is good/popular and baddies have no idea how to beat ex: Rhymer, Demolisher, Squadrons, Measuring sticks, TRCs.....

Crutch - A term to describe something in the game that is good/popular and baddies have no idea how to beat ex: Rhymer, Demolisher, Squadrons, Measuring sticks, TRCs.....

You forgot the second definition: a troll's dream of a thread.

Edited by GiledPallaeon

JJ; Jerry; The ******* boss (okay the last one not) for Moff Jerjerrod

FT for Flechette Torpedoes

IO for Intel Officer (I didn't see in the OP but maybe I am wrong)

16 minutes ago, ovinomanc3r said:

JJ; Jerry; The ******* boss (okay the last one not) for Moff Jerjerrod

FT for Flechette Torpedoes

IO for Intel Officer (I didn't see in the OP but maybe I am wrong)

Don't forget Moffy J.

On 5/9/2016 at 10:26 PM, Ginkapo said:

Also known as Rebel Demolisher amongst many other names

I think of strangultaing little kitties every time someone compares Yavaris with Demolisher.

Bump

22 minutes ago, GiledPallaeon said:

Bump

For others -

Dont' just Bump.

Report, and ask for it to be moved to Fleet Builds and Pinned there :D

2 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

For others -

Dont' just Bump.

Report, and ask for it to be moved to Fleet Builds and Pinned there :D

It was mostly for the AABFA thread so they could find it, but yes I have.

Just now, GiledPallaeon said:

It was mostly for the AABFA thread so they could find it, but yes I have.

I figured so much, so I was mostly leaving it as a message for others to do so, rather than you - because again, I figured you would have - being involved with all the work with DA in the past as well.

GenCon Special

Ace Holes

Space Zombies

Not to mention all the new cards:

D.C. - Disposable Capacitors,
Q.B.T.- Quad Battery Turrets,
E.R. - External Racks,
B.T. - Boarding Troopers,
B.E. - Boarding Engineers

. . . anything else?

4 minutes ago, NobodyInParticular said:

Lol you're a ghost now.

2 minutes ago, Ardaedhel said:

Lol you're a ghost now.

He has No body in particular (matter).

It's like a roving dad joke now.

2 minutes ago, Ardaedhel said:

Lol you're a ghost now.

Yep. I tried to change my username to Ghost of Nobody In Particular, but I don't know how. . . any ideas?

Just now, Snipafist said:

He has No body in particular (matter).

It's like a roving dad joke now.

Love it! You actually made me laugh out loud!

Also, that's one of the benefits of my name. I love puns, and it seems that nobody can resist punning (is that a word?) my name. Hours of entertainment!

9 minutes ago, NobodyInParticular said:

Yep. I tried to change my username to Ghost of Nobody In Particular, but I don't know how. . . any ideas?

Lol, I don't think you can.

1 minute ago, Ardaedhel said:

Bummer. :D Thanks though.

14 hours ago, Ardaedhel said:

Turns out I can! You just have to go to the Asmodee.NET page. :D

Edit: Hey I just noticed that it now separates my name nicely!

Edited by GhostofNobodyInParticular

@DiabloAzul

Dual Turbolaset Turrets / DTT is everywhere but here I think. ;)

Boom, Pinned,.

Told you it would work.

Is D.A. Still around to update this?

If we say his name three times will he appear?

Edited by GrandAdmiralCrunch
27 minutes ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

Is D.A. Still around to update this?

If we say his name three times will he appear?

LAST VISITED

19 hours ago