Glossary of Armada slang & abbreviations

By DiabloAzul, in Star Wars: Armada

Surely it should be SAd. or SAd' to signify that the Ad is the start of a word?

Now it cant be SAD because the D is not the first letter of a 3rd word so its not a true TLA (three letter abbreviation :p) and therefore not deserving the capitalisation.....

\grammar Nazi in training .... :P

(confirmation that this post is said in jest and not serious in nature!!!!!!)

45 minutes ago, slasher956 said:

Surely it should be SAd. or SAd' to signify that the Ad is the start of a word?

Now it cant be SAD because the D is not the first letter of a 3rd word so its not a true TLA (three letter abbreviation :p) and therefore not deserving the capitalisation.....

\grammar Nazi in training .... :P

(confirmation that this post is said in jest and not serious in nature!!!!!!)

Hence why I said technically. I just find SAD more aesthetically pleasing.

50 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Hence why I said technically. I just find SAD more aesthetically pleasing.

Actually SAd is more aesthetically pleasant. SAD is boring. It is like putting the object in the center of the picture: bad composing.

:P

42 minutes ago, ovinomanc3r said:

Actually SAd is more aesthetically pleasant. SAD is boring. It is like putting the object in the center of the picture: bad composing.

Maybe. But I like symmetry. With only one none cap, it's not consistent. If it were sAd, SaD, sad, or SAD, it would at least look nicer. Sad, SAd, sAD and saD don't.

2 hours ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Maybe. But I like symmetry. With only one none cap, it's not consistent. If it were sAd, SaD, sad, or SAD, it would at least look nicer. Sad, SAd, sAD and saD don't.

But it is at least 2/3 what is closer to the golden proportion than what you propose. And that's proven by centuries of art history and, also, nature. :P

11 minutes ago, ovinomanc3r said:

But it is at least 2/3 what is closer to the golden proportion than what you propose. And that's proven by centuries of art history and, also, nature. :P

Good point. Based on this, I propose that all abbreviations from now on consist of 55 characters, 34 of which are upper case.

12 minutes ago, ovinomanc3r said:

What can I say? I aim for perfection. :)

That explains why I never cared much for art. :D

2 hours ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

:) ¿WHAT CAN I SAY? I AIM FOR PERFECTION. :)

Or

:) ¿what can i say? i aim for perfection. :)

You meant, right? :D

That made me think about palindromes. I suppose English has their own but I don't know anyone.

¡Arriba la birra!

5 minutes ago, ovinomanc3r said:

That made me think about palindromes. I suppose English has their own but I don't know anyone.

¡Arriba la birra!

A man a plan a canal panama

Taco cat.

On 17/2/2018 at 5:16 PM, WigTii said:

Taco cat.

Exploding kittens, awesome game.

Edited by ovinomanc3r
On 08/02/2018 at 7:56 PM, ovinomanc3r said:

¡Arriba la bir

English language palindromes:

https://genius.com/Weird-al-yankovic-bob-lyrics

Keep OT. That's a term used and understood everywhere!

17 hours ago, axe238 said:

Keep OT. That's a term used and understood everywhere!

keep On Target? keep the Original Trilogy? or is it Off Topic?

Edited by slasher956

So...

As of this post, “Chirpy” has 91 results. “Edsel-Blerg Theory” has 19 results. “RAF” has 87 results. “Squid” has 99 results, and this will be number 100. Does it now qualify for a place on the list?

Considering that about 90 of those are in a single thread... not yet :P

3 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

So...

As of this post, “Chirpy” has 91 results. “Edsel-Blerg Theory” has 19 results. “RAF” has 87 results. “Squid” has 99 results, and this will be number 100. Does it now qualify for a place on the list?

Fight on telling the squid truth! :)

(The Squid exists. Many have already found out the truth. The Edsel-Blerg Theory? It does not. 99/100 Armada players think that is a discontinued Starship)

On 9/16/2015 at 4:27 PM, DiabloAzul said:

People new to this forum can sometimes find the slang and abbreviations somewhat obscure. Here's a list of the most commonly used ones:

Terms scheduled for deletion:

• CW : Clone Wars era. See also GCW, OT, PT, TFA, TCW.
  • GCW : Galactic Civil War era. See also CW, OT, PT, TFA.
  • OT : Original Trilogy, i.e. Episodes IV-VI. See also CW, GCW, PT, TFA.
  • PT : Prequel Trilogy, i.e. Episodes I-III. See also CW, GCW, OT, TFA.
  • TCW : The Clone Wars animated TV series. See also CW.
  • TFA : The Force Awakens, i.e. Episode VII. See also CW, GCW, OT, PT.
  • Ugly : Scurrg H-6 bomber. Can also refer to starfighters cobbled together from parts.
  • VVV (also VVG, VGG, etc): Fleet comprised of a specific combination of V ictory-class and/or G ladiator-class Star Destroyers.

Please let me know if I've missed anything! I will also try to keep this updated as our local language evolves, e.g. when new cards enter the meta.

Time for an update. Do we still need SWM20 due to it now being confirmed as the Executor?

33 minutes ago, Ewok on Stilts said:

Time for an update. Do we still need SWM20 due to it now being confirmed as the Executor?

And can we finally include “Squid?”

#squidtruth

Include “Armada Is Dead”, and #Armadaisdead : ongoing forum jokes about the galacially slow release schedule FFG has for Armada

Yet another vote for squids! Also add that teo or more MC30s in a fleet is called a Squad!

Lmsu and Doompickle

Also the Senate.

I like to call the MC75 a Surfboard.