Glossary of Armada slang & abbreviations

By DiabloAzul, in Star Wars: Armada

People new to this forum can sometimes find the slang and abbreviations somewhat obscure. Here's a list of the most commonly used ones:

Terms scheduled for deletion:

• CW : Clone Wars era. See also GCW, OT, PT, TFA, TCW.
  • GCW : Galactic Civil War era. See also CW, OT, PT, TFA.
  • OT : Original Trilogy, i.e. Episodes IV-VI. See also CW, GCW, PT, TFA.
  • PT : Prequel Trilogy, i.e. Episodes I-III. See also CW, GCW, OT, TFA.
  • TCW : The Clone Wars animated TV series. See also CW.
  • TFA : The Force Awakens, i.e. Episode VII. See also CW, GCW, OT, PT.
  • Ugly : Scurrg H-6 bomber. Can also refer to starfighters cobbled together from parts.
  • VVV (also VVG, VGG, etc): Fleet comprised of a specific combination of V ictory-class and/or G ladiator-class Star Destroyers.

Please let me know if I've missed anything! I will also try to keep this updated as our local language evolves, e.g. when new cards enter the meta.

Edited by DiabloAzul
Added new terms, updated FAQ link.

Space Piranha: Assault Frigate.

Shrimp Frigate: MC30

Cucumber: MC80

Shrimp frigate was already there. The other two I haven't heard before, but will include them if they become as commonly used as guppy or whale.

VVV - List Including 3 Victories.
VVG - List including 2 Victories and a Gladiator
VGG - List including a Victory and 2 Gladiators.

Honestly, there are more permutations, but those 3 are the Big ones.

please don't make "chirpy" a thing

what the **** is wrong with "Cheri?"

is it because he's french?

it's because he's french isn't it <_< ?

also don't forget, X17: Xi-7 turbolasers :P

Space Fascists- People who play Imperials.

Abbreviating someone's name has always hit an interesting point with me... Although, I am reminded of a day in High School Physics.

Me: "30 Amps"

Teacher: "Its Ampere. It is named after someone's name. How would you feel if you made a major scientific discovery and some punk kid just changed it on you, shortening it?"

Me: "Ma'am, with all due respect. My Last name is Nine letters long and doesn't have a Vowel. I'd be effin' flabbergasted if they didn't."

but "cheri" has two vowels, is easy to say, actually relates to the card in question instead of sounding like some sh*tty bird , and is actually a word in french

cheri is "darling," and after he saves Rhymer from utter worthlessness by letting him do his job regardless of engagement (even by a single a-wing), you'll see why :P

Edited by ficklegreendice

Naked: a ship with no upgrades.

Potato: AFMKII, Whale, Guppy

SSD: Immortal, undying, Unkillable.

Last time my Rhymer ball got locked down, it was by Wedge. And my Rhymer ball proceeded to kill him and move on.

I was merely posting an anecdote.

AS just reminds me of ASW... Easier to refer it as AA

My brother sent me a text and abbreviated assault concussion missiles as Ass Missles. I don't know if it will catch on, but since I faced a Gladiator recently (and primarily fly Rebels) I kind of like calling them that...

They are, after all, a pain in the ass, and they tend to get rammed up there by the Demolisher on a regular basis.

Ass missles it is.

(Or ACM if you want to actually use what people say)

Edited by Jedhead

Ass missiles implies they're not very effective

Man that GSD didn't do anything to my cr-90. Those are some ass missiles!

and that couldn't be further from the truth :P

Edited by ficklegreendice

Added ACM, FFG, LOS, Motti Factor, Naked and Potato.

Abbreviating someone's name has always hit an interesting point with me... Although, I am reminded of a day in High School Physics.

Me: "30 Amps"

Teacher: "Its Ampere. It is named after someone's name. How would you feel if you made a major scientific discovery and some punk kid just changed it on you, shortening it?"

Me: "Ma'am, with all due respect. My Last name is Nine letters long and doesn't have a Vowel. I'd be effin' flabbergasted if they didn't."

Eastern/Central European origins?

I have a good friend with the surname Kleszczynska....she has pretty much given up in the UK on phones etc :D

Updated with APT, CW, GCW, OT, PT, TFA.

Edited by DiabloAzul

ECM for Electronic Countermeasures

ECM for Electronic Countermeasures

Indeed! Added.

Since it came up again today (as did the Motti Factor), I'd like to propose that Edsel-Blerg theory be added to the list.

Explanation here .

Missed CR90 :)

Missed CR90 :)

It's not really an abbreviation, though, it's just the name of the ship :)

Manta: Gladiator star destroyer. Could also be called shark because of the way it behaves :P

What are HTT's? I keep seeing this in the list about the xi7's.

Found Heavy Turbolaser Turrets.

Edited by JRockNZ

Added :)

FLGS and LGS should be added too.