The Official Rules Correction and Errata thread [IMPORTANT MESSAGE INSIDE]

By Trothael, in Rules Discussions

Beast fix'd.

Dunno why we didn't notice that earlier.

Trothael said:

Beast fix'd.

Dunno why we didn't notice that earlier.

Well I naturally assumed people would be able to understand what we meant...I should have known better, lol.

That being said, I think it would be better to just go back and write out each Beast individually. The Level 3 Beast in Set 2 has different Stats than the one in Set 3 and 4, so there's more confusion to be had there as well if we don't do them all one by one. If we're gonna fix things we gotta be thorough.

WayToTheDawn said:

Well I naturally assumed people would be able to understand what we meant...I should have known better, lol.

That being said, I think it would be better to just go back and write out each Beast individually. The Level 3 Beast in Set 2 has different Stats than the one in Set 3 and 4, so there's more confusion to be had there as well if we don't do them all one by one. If we're gonna fix things we gotta be thorough.

Or you could just do a "general errata" section for errata's being made on multiple cards across multiple sets with the same name with the same or similar problems (ex. Beast, Stealth Sneak)

Also, not to keep picking at this, but Beast's errata is still incorrect. It should be:

Beast LVLX
Friend
FURIOUS BELLOW: You may discard this card from your friend area. If you do so, choose and discard one Dark/Heartless Card in play of Level X +1 or below.

Please note that 'X' is equal to Beast's level.

You know what solves this problem, right? Clarrification that the text "if you discard _____" should be read as "you may discard ______, if you do:"

Pretty sure we have way too many cards worded that way.

there are alot of those errors but most likely from the translation ffg did by no fault there own some text doesnt translate well

devilmonkey said:

Or you could just do a "general errata" section for errata's being made on multiple cards across multiple sets with the same name with the same or similar problems (ex. Beast, Stealth Sneak)

The current format is temporary. It'll be changed later on.

*Fixes Beast again*

comdieguy said:

there are alot of those errors but most likely from the translation ffg did by no fault there own some text doesnt translate well

If I hand in a paper that reads like that, I get deducted points. It's called proof-reading, and I was amazed that apparently nobody does it for KH.

Apparently nobody does it for White Dwarf either...

Couple of years ago an entire page was printed in Spanish. AN ENTIRE PAGE. There was no recall. There was no re-print.

-Completely off topic post-

ahaha, that's awesome

Highjack said:

ahaha, that's awesome

The page in question was in the middle of a painting guide. Rather annoying.

I'll scan it sometime just for lulz.

I kinda think Hundred Acre Woods lvl 0 should read "_V_ Discard your opponent's hand. No Dark Cards can be placed here." It gives life to a card that could potentially be used (and is limited with limited ways to resurrect it)

Trothael said:

Right...Let me establish one fact: We are not re-writing this game. We are here to fix bad rulings and card texts.

Giving a card an effect which it didn't have in the first place isn't what we're here to do. If FFG want to commision me to re-write this whole game for them, I'll happily do that, but they haven't yet.

You know I had to try Truffs ;) .

So just wondering cause I just read the stealth sneak errata does that mean someone can use a Creeper Plant to destroy a stealth sneak outside of battler now? Cause its not Magic and it wouldn't be during battle.

that's pretty much exactly what they were going for

Kiro13 said:

So just wondering cause I just read the stealth sneak errata does that mean someone can use a Creeper Plant to destroy a stealth sneak outside of battler now? Cause its not Magic and it wouldn't be during battle.

Kiro13 said:

Yeah, we changed it to be more like the Japanese version to give Dark decks a chance.

Highjack said:

that's pretty much exactly what they were going for

It makes it a better card imo. "Better" as in, balances the game a bit more.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why they changed it so much to begin with.

So just to get this straight, Beast lvl 3 from set 3 and now Beast lvl X which means I can play it as a lvl 1?

Roxas said:

So just to get this straight, Beast lvl 3 from set 3 and now Beast lvl X which means I can play it as a lvl 1?

*sigh*

Alright...seriously Truffles....go and write out each individual Beast...or we're going to keep getting comments like this.

Plus it's just less confusing.

WayToTheDawn said:

Roxas said:

*sigh*

Alright...seriously Truffles....go and write out each individual Beast...or we're going to keep getting comments like this.

Plus it's just less confusing.

Well it was under L&D and that's just what I thought it meant. Sorry Truffs ^_^ ;;;;; or just make a side not that it applies to all Beasts.

Oh no sir...you've helped me hammer home my point...

We're trying to be LESS confusing here...

Fixing fixing fixing fixing fixing

>_>;;

Sorry for the confusion.

Trothael said:

>_>;;

Sorry for the confusion.

Troth, I know this is stupid, but could one line be added to Roxas, if possible. The text added to Spear regarding having to be the active player, I think Roxas should have this text too in regards to his friends, even though we know it is when he is a player. How it currently reads, if he were to be played as a friend with another Org. XIII member, the two would cause conflicts in the friends you could play. The Org XIII saying other Org XIII and Nobodies, while Roxas would be only TT friends. If he stays the way he is, if he were played, it would only make Samuria the only playable Nobody. I know it sounds stupid, but just a suggestion.

Thanks Troth in advance for reading this. Just saying this since spear had a ruling like this too done.

Jayce_Ryu_Tismotto said:

Trothael said:

>_>;;

Sorry for the confusion.

Troth, I know this is stupid, but could one line be added to Roxas, if possible. The text added to Spear regarding having to be the active player, I think Roxas should have this text too in regards to his friends, even though we know it is when he is a player. How it currently reads, if he were to be played as a friend with another Org. XIII member, the two would cause conflicts in the friends you could play. The Org XIII saying other Org XIII and Nobodies, while Roxas would be only TT friends. If he stays the way he is, if he were played, it would only make Samuria the only playable Nobody. I know it sounds stupid, but just a suggestion.

Thanks Troth in advance for reading this. Just saying this since spear had a ruling like this too done.

I hadn't actually thought about that till now. Sir, that is a great idea and make the only reason to play Roxas (besides some level 1 support), the upside to that though is that since Roxas is not the player card Samurai would take the POW cut.

I don't have any idea how you're interpreting roxas to say if he was a friend you could use twilight town friends. I mean in the current errata text it clearly says Only Twilight Town Friends and Samurai Nobody cards can be played as Friends cards if this card is your Player card. apologies if that was changed after you posted and troth didn't post that it was updated