The Official Rules Correction and Errata thread [IMPORTANT MESSAGE INSIDE]

By Trothael, in Rules Discussions

well, devilmonkey, I disagree, but since we both seem to have playtest results to back up our opinions I'm not sure there's any point in continuing a discussion about it.

lol agree to disagree? but that's no fun...

Been outta this loop for a minute, so allow me to catch up.

GTrogi said:

I'm not gonna lie... I wouldn't take this years gencon (from what I've heard of it) as the be all end all of this meta game and I don't think it even scratched the surface on issues of what cards are broken/annoyances.... from all my experience against a "good" aggro 1 escape lots of the time means the game.

I couldn't quote this for truth any harder, even if I tried.

Highjack said:

I don't know, maybe we just design decks/play differently, but I've never felt escaping was that harmful

For decks like your Roxas deck or Errata and Fairbanks' deck...no, escaping isn't that big of a deal, your gaining tons of HP, you have little need of friends, and your deck is small enough and fast enough that losing a world or two isn't going to matter. For a traditional Light Racer though, it can be a bit more devastating the later on in the game it gets, as DM mentioned. By then you've got some good friends set up, you chuggin' along and then all of a sudden, your set back a whole turn, and starting from square one friend wise. For Dark Deck Racers it's even worse, it can potentially be a pain in the arse to get a decent Friend base out there, not to mention that at any minute they could drop a Sneak and then your completely boned and it's an even harder uphill battle.

capncrunch said:

before phil there was peter pan and no dark/nobody decks. phils an uncommon-easier to get than wizard- and a lvl 1 to drop in the friend zone- easier to play than wizard- and i never said that wizard/gargoyle wasnt effective.im not saying wizard is useless. its just that nobody decks will ahve a really hard time trying to get around phil+gargoyle darks will have it a bit easier but its still really hard. im thinking to cage it then magic the gargoyle. that still going to hard becasue aggro generally doesnt go too high into the world count and darks have to play the cage as a friend which still isnt a walk into the park. i suppose thats easier than not being able to kill stealth sneak but its still a giant pain in the butt. im still saying that ffg needs to make dark/nobody cards that have peter pans effect

With Set IV Dark Decks don't have nearly as hard a time bridging to Level 7...BIt Sniper, Black Fungus, Dragon Mal...This is where Dark Decks shine...if they can get 3 Cages on their field trapping your three key friend cards, that might as well be game, I've witnessed it, and it's not pretty...sure it's not incredibly easy to do, but it's a lot easier than it used to be and when built correctly can happen consistantly, so getting around a Gargoyle is NOTHING compared to trying to get around a Sneak, because, well, YOU CAN'T...once I again, I think your missing the point here. Does there need to be a Heartless that wipes effect text? Maybe, it would be cool and give Dark Decks that last little shove in the right direction, but I don't think it's NEEDED.

That reminds me, I remember reading in some other thread people seemed to feel having CoWG in your friends area prevented you from losing friends in an escape, was this ever officially ruled on? I mean, Dawn stated that it would work that way, but that was before the official rules thread, so I figured I'd bring it up again.

Highjack said:

That reminds me, I remember reading in some other thread people seemed to feel having CoWG in your friends area prevented you from losing friends in an escape, was this ever officially ruled on? I mean, Dawn stated that it would work that way, but that was before the official rules thread, so I figured I'd bring it up again.

Id still say it does prevent Friend Loss...but I'll wait for some feedback before an official ruling is made.

I would agree that it does prevent friend loss, but this is probably another case of poor translation, to me it reads as though the escape clause was only meant to be relevant while battling against CoWG. As is I assume you would reach sentence as a seperate thought which would lead to thinking CoWG prevented friend loss.

does no one realise the ton of stuff they gave sora to kill off dark if your runing world racer there about a fistfull of cards to kill everything. but yet again it only for sora so bye-bye riku both dark and light world rusher( though you should be playing aggro), and yes to org. XIII wr. but yet again aggro. sora is the only true wr if anything. yes its nice to see a new take on the world racer but sora is the one tru world racer and theres an answer for all his problems.

im sorry but the 3 cage situation is good but id say that a simba 3 would be very disasterous-well then maybe wizard- but even then the dark player pretty much just set there att where as the aggro player can still play friends and with valor sora starting with more than dark riku it is going to be tough for the dark player to come back. im not saying that its impossible to get rid of a gargoyle im just saying thhat the hoops youd have to jump through to get rid of it are the reason why i say they need thier own peter pan.

as for Cowg i dont see how it would prevent friend loss at all. it says all battle damage is directed to him and when you retreat you dont deal damage to your friends-when you retreat you kind of leave your friends and book it. the friends get discarded not dealt damage. idk but that seems like a huge stretch for COWG

from a non game view but a logic view cave of wonders cant get up and chase you so running away is easier then something that can chase and kill your friends. which i believe was the oringial point of retreating you get way from the battle at the lost of your friends cause the heartless catch them and go mafia on them. but yet again im just saying this doesnt making any of it true.

capn: I realize that's how it would make sense logically for CoWG to be, but since it's not a single bracketed ability, it makes sense each sentence would be read as a seperate thought and if you do that then there's no debate, of course it would prevent friend loss.

i see what you mean now yea thats tricky its defenitly gonna need an official ruling about that

Errata updated from version 0.02 to version 0.1

Expect a minor update tomorrow, either to 0.1.1 or 0.2

Looks very official now sir....some minor fixes to spelling and typos are needed, but otherwise, good work all around.

Go Us!

Woot! Keep it goin, guys! Everythin looks good so far!

I likes it, I likes it.

hmm, well I still don't really feel this fixes the problem as I can still build a deck that, every turn, discards all friends you have in play, discards every card in your hand and gains infinite life (and plays a stealth sneak every turn, if you feel that's relevant). I'm playing a tournament next friday though, so we'll see how aggrobah 2.0 goes.

Thanks for the work everyone ^^;;

Not sure if this is really important but the Japanese Stealth Sneak said all magics do not affect it so I'm thinking that may be relevant for future possible magic cards with effects other than dealing damage. Also, I think it might be wise to say the updated effect also applies to the ones from Set 4 as well ^^;;

Also, regarding Set 4, I've noticed a few other cards that may need fixing on their texts and they are the following:

• King Triton (removed "discard all Ariel cards when placed in play" effect in the new version but the "put in play" icon remains.)
  • Vivi (Grammar error "If you discard this card from you're friend area to choose one equipment card in play and discard it.) Note: Also wondering if Vivi's effect is an effect where i can choose to discard him if i want or if he has to be discarded through gravity or timeless river etc. and whether or not I can choose to activate effect when he gets discarded or is it mandatory.
  • Dragoon nobody ( Xardin =/= Xaldin ^^; ;)
  • Merlin (Says its a Traverse Town friend card but shows an image of Hallow Bastion. Not sure is it the text that is wrong or the icon.)

And I think it might be good if there was also an official clarification on the cards with effects such as Pegasus, Leon and Wishing Lamp. When it states "world-name" card, does it mean any card that belongs to that world? Because I'm kinda getting the idea "world-name" means a card with that exact card name. This thought was due to the Christmas Jack in Set 4 having italic text saying Halloween Town Dark Card. I'm sorta thinking that quotes mean exact card and italic text means cards that belong to that world.

Anyways, thats all that has come to mind so far. Thanks ^^;;

Have you read any of the rulings threads? Pretty much everything you're saying has been covered.

For some reason though, this "comprehensive" thread seems to be anything but...

My apologies for the repetition. I was thinking that this thread was supposed include everything and sorta sum things up for people to refer to and thats why I posted.

Sorry bout that ^^;;

it's cool. there're a few things that just aren't in this thread that probably should be, like the wishing lamp/pegasus/etc ruling.

Fairbanks said:

it's cool. there're a few things that just aren't in this thread that probably should be, like the wishing lamp/pegasus/etc ruling.

It's a work in progress sir geez....

Fairbanks said:

Have you read any of the rulings threads? Pretty much everything you're saying has been covered.

Version 0.1

ok i like the new rulings but one question what number is the X on beast. or did you forget what X is when you wrote this and why he get changed in first place. though off topic anyone notice the print mistake on wisdom form minor it is third line done on the left hand side it says damageyou i found it really fun but thats just me

The X would stand for whichever Beast it is. As in, if it's a level 1 Beast, then the X would represent whatever the actual card stated. Level 2, X as stated, etc..

Basicly, the only thing changed on the Beast card is you bein able to choose to discard him, which is how he's originally suppose to be play'd out.

Choitz said:

The X would stand for whichever Beast it is. As in, if it's a level 1 Beast, then the X would represent whatever the actual card stated. Level 2, X as stated, etc..

Basicly, the only thing changed on the Beast card is you bein able to choose to discard him, which is how he's originally suppose to be play'd out.

yes. however, the way the current errata is written, one could think the lvl3 Beast can discard almosy any level Dark/Heartless card. although seasoned players would obviously know the intent, newer players could get the wrong idea. If you are to include the "X" simplifier, you should make sure to check what the "X" is refering to.

WayToTheDawn said:

Fairbanks said:

It's a work in progress sir geez....

Sorry, I took work in progress as it being a constant thing that would update from now until the game died, and include the big rulings like the pegasus and stuff.

Also, I get snarky when I work 30 hours, have classes and am building a dark deck to break Rockford.