The Official Rules Correction and Errata thread [IMPORTANT MESSAGE INSIDE]

By Trothael, in Rules Discussions

Highjack said:

I don't have any idea how you're interpreting roxas to say if he was a friend you could use twilight town friends. I mean in the current errata text it clearly says Only Twilight Town Friends and Samurai Nobody cards can be played as Friends cards if this card is your Player card. apologies if that was changed after you posted and troth didn't post that it was updated

Nope. I haven't checked back on this thread until now.

I don't see how it was miscontrued either...

just curious to know the cause of the event cards errata and why xaldins spears can only work as a player card but axel's rings work both ways????? thanks.

Two main reasons for the event card:

1) The event cards were ruled in Japan that they could only be play'd once per turn. We're tryin to make the game the closest we can to the original game, with the original rules 'n everythin.

2) In an infinite draw deck (please try the search function if you've any questions), the event card would potentially cause a player to lose all their life in one mass turn, a tactic which many would consider cheap.

As for the Xaldin/Axel friend card use, other than the rulin made by Jaffer 'n Co., I'm not sure.

My gamble is due to the wordin on the cards (original Japanese is the only way to read them...), Xaldin's spears only let Xaldin challenge twice without a huge fear of a discard effect, whereas Axel would have to discard his 'rings' in order to use the effect, makin it less 'broken'. So Axel's effect in the friend area wouldn't be that much of an advantage against an opponent, whereas a beef'd up Xaldin with double challenge effects would.

Other than that, my assumption would be so people would run Axel as a World Runnin style deck, 'n Xaldin as an Aggro style deck.

Roxas said:

Jayce_Ryu_Tismotto said:

Trothael said:

Fixing fixing fixing fixing fixing

>_>;;

Sorry for the confusion.

Troth, I know this is stupid, but could one line be added to Roxas, if possible. The text added to Spear regarding having to be the active player, I think Roxas should have this text too in regards to his friends, even though we know it is when he is a player. How it currently reads, if he were to be played as a friend with another Org. XIII member, the two would cause conflicts in the friends you could play. The Org XIII saying other Org XIII and Nobodies, while Roxas would be only TT friends. If he stays the way he is, if he were played, it would only make Samuria the only playable Nobody. I know it sounds stupid, but just a suggestion.

Thanks Troth in advance for reading this. Just saying this since spear had a ruling like this too done.

I hadn't actually thought about that till now. Sir, that is a great idea and make the only reason to play Roxas (besides some level 1 support), the upside to that though is that since Roxas is not the player card Samurai would take the POW cut.

Actually, my worry was until I saw it was as a player card was that if you played him as a friend, he would say that you could play only TT friends, while the Org XIII said you can only play Nobody, cancelling playing friends besides Samurai. Sorry for all the confusion.

I don't know, I was at school all day (12 hours man) without my cards, so I was assuming you saw something I didn't. lol

Choitz said:

Two main reasons for the event card:

1) The event cards were ruled in Japan that they could only be play'd once per turn. We're tryin to make the game the closest we can to the original game, with the original rules 'n everythin.

2) In an infinite draw deck (please try the search function if you've any questions), the event card would potentially cause a player to lose all their life in one mass turn, a tactic which many would consider cheap.

As for the Xaldin/Axel friend card use, other than the rulin made by Jaffer 'n Co., I'm not sure.

My gamble is due to the wordin on the cards (original Japanese is the only way to read them...), Xaldin's spears only let Xaldin challenge twice without a huge fear of a discard effect, whereas Axel would have to discard his 'rings' in order to use the effect, makin it less 'broken'. So Axel's effect in the friend area wouldn't be that much of an advantage against an opponent, whereas a beef'd up Xaldin with double challenge effects would.

Other than that, my assumption would be so people would run Axel as a World Runnin style deck, 'n Xaldin as an Aggro style deck.

Thank You. Is there a site with the japanese rulings? or translations etc.

Rainbow Randolph said:

Thank You. Is there a site with the japanese rulings? or translations etc.

You'll be hard pressed to find one. Most of us who want the original translations either ask someone who's translated them or do it ourselves.

So here's the million dollar questions, are Leon, Pegasus, Wishing Lamp being made bold for the symbol?

Roxas said:

So here's the million dollar questions, are Leon, Pegasus, Wishing Lamp being made bold for the symbol?

No Comment at this time. *ahem*

now i know you probably dont care to hear this but w/e

me and some friends have been messing around trying to get a decent balance of the cards for pegasus and wishing lamp. we limited it to 1 friend per deck of given problem cards. i.e. 1 aladdin lvl 1 1 aladdin lvl 2 1 iago 1 abu etc. for both types and it stops the infinite draw for sure. it still gives good draw but not broke draw. we couldnt make a deck that could get infinite draw with either of the decks. we started with really good hands on purpose and tried and we couldnt do it. they cycle quickly-3 to 4 turns(thats with the best possible starting hand). but that still isnt to bad. i know some cards like auron and abu are going to be heavily played in the meta but ill let you test out my idea if you want and then work from there

the only thing kinda close to infinite draw we came across is something that doesnt need those engines though. if you run like 35 friends eventually you can cid a couple times and be able to play 1 card like 5 times-if your lucky.

Draw engines are blatantly broken and don't work. There is no solution other than making ban lists and editting a ton o' cards, or just reverting them back to how Jaffer ruled on them.

Trothael said:

or just reverting them back to how Jaffer ruled on them.

I wasn't aware there was an official ruling from Jaffer on them, and overturned in error... Since I have more or less quoted the correct way to proceed (and for the record, the only way I've ever played - and it doesn't cause problems, the other cards are all easy to interpret), it shouldn't take long for it to happen.

Easy:

All references to a world name, not followed by dark cards, friend cards, etc., are referring to the "name" of a card, not a symbol representing the name of the world. Most of these references to named cards are in quotations. I think there is one that is not, this card is also not followed by qualifiers, simply errata it to include quotes for consistency. There is also, I think one card, that has the qualifier following the world name where these qualifers and world name are not bold and italic, simply errata it to be bold and italic.

Thank you for your time on this Trothael.

- dut

Alright. So I need to know. Are these rules official? Apparently my friend doesn't believe them at all.

He thinks that Diz would give Riku the counters forever. Diz would be way overpowered if that was the case...right?

Rinsuku said:

Alright. So I need to know. Are these rules official? Apparently my friend doesn't believe them at all.

He thinks that Diz would give Riku the counters forever. Diz would be way overpowered if that was the case...right?

Ah. I apologize for the double post, but my friend needs some kind of "proof" that these rulings are official. Although I have no idea how you can do that....

Rinsuku said:

Rinsuku said:

Ah. I apologize for the double post, but my friend needs some kind of "proof" that these rulings are official. Although I have no idea how you can do that....

Show your friend the first post of this topic, and if he doesn't believe you, e-mail Jaffer directly. These rulings are the real deal.

Yeah, any rulings me and Dawn make are 100% official and approved by FFG. These are not just user-made alternate rules, these are the real deal.

If there's a problem, then e-mail me, Dawn or Jaffer.

The reason my friend doesn't believe me is the disclaimer on the first page. He said "some guy made it up" even though I know that the rulings are official.

Oh yeah...that disclaimer is rather conflicting, isn't it?

I'll re-word it so that it makes more sense. Thanks for pointing it out!