New character ideas !

By korneelt, in Talisman

Hi Uvatha,

Right this post will be updated as I update the charactrers but for starters here is some changes:

Beast Charmer (sorry the amount of leg on show hasn't changed :lol: ):

1st Ability now reads like this - "During your movement, you must move all animals from your current starting space, including those that you pass over, to the space you end your movement on."

Camel Rider :

After play testing the Camel Rider once, I agree that his Craft should be 3 so this has been changed. I have gone ahead and changed fate to 3 as well, will play test the new Camel Rider and see how he fares. Amendments to the wording has also been updated :)

Cavalier :

Since there was alot of changing involved I have created an alternative version for you Uvatha ;) I will play test both and report back as to what I think of the two versions. I do however, feel that the new update reads clearer and is perhaps a little more powerful (which I think could be a good thing!) Here it is :

Cavalier-Uvatha%20EDIT_zpskwzi3klp.png

Crime Lord :

I have edited the City Watch ability to include Night Guard also.

I have changed the evade ability to be a litle less powerful. It now reads "You may evade enemies in the City at the cost of 1 gold."

Madcap :

I have changed the Madcap to include the wording Annoy . Other than that the Madcap is all good :)

Death Seeker : Waiting for Strange Eons v3 and hoping that two symbols can be selected for Required Expansions :)

Earth Mother : Sorry but I loved playing with this character, try it you might like it ;) :lol:

Fate Master : Sorted out the wording for the 1st ability. Now reads replenish instead of heal. Have slightly reworded 2nd ability but have kept it. 3rd ablity has been removed (steal a fate from player after winning in battle ability).

Imp : Ok I like the idea of the teleport ability not working so have changed a die roll of 1 or 2 causing no teleporting effect and the batte commencing as usual. Other than that I have left him alone as the roll a 6 teleport ability worked really well for the character during a play test. But I agree also from this playtest that the potential for the teleporting ability to backfire would make strategic attacks upon the Imp possible :)

Ritual Master : I have reworded replenish to Heal :)

Zombie : Well if people want to play with this character then they can ;)

Edited by jackyboy

Like the Dread Knight, this Cavalier is a nice character. Balanced abilities, good stats. He is a middle to strong.

I like the wording of the Madcap. Annoy is a good way of explaining his ability to chage alignment :)

So the Crone would end up being a Toad for longer than other players? Does that sit well with the theme of the character? I thought that she might be immune to toad threats? Still a good take on it buddy :)

Oh I know it is only a petty thing but on your dropbox you have labelled the characters jackyboys, I take no real credit for the characters as I merely take others ideas and put them through Strange Eons. On each character I have titled it with the original owner ;)

I like the wording of the Madcap. Annoy is a good way of explaining his ability to chage alignment :)

So the Crone would end up being a Toad for longer than other players? Does that sit well with the theme of the character? I thought that she might be immune to toad threats? Still a good take on it buddy :)

Oh I know it is only a petty thing but on your dropbox you have labelled the characters jackyboys, I take no real credit for the characters as I merely take others ideas and put them through Strange Eons. On each character I have titled it with the original owner ;)

Saying the Crone is turned into a toad for Rounds not turns means that it might be shorter not longer at mo turns you miss (unless you missed the rest of your turn) do not count as turns for being a toad thus if the Crone can miss turns she can become normal sooner. Got the idea from the same debate in the rules forum it was just a idea.

Oh is that the name after each character, I didn't know I thought you came up with them yourself.

Saying the Crone is turned into a toad for Rounds not turns means that it might be shorter not longer at mo turns you miss (unless you missed the rest of your turn) do not count as turns for being a toad thus if the Crone can miss turns she can become normal sooner. Got the idea from the same debate in the rules forum it was just a idea.

Oh is that the name after each character, I didn't know I thought you came up with them yourself.

Oh I see, I think I am a bit confused. It would be nice for the Crone to transform back into human form quicker than others if she is turned into a Toad. So a round is one turn for each player right? or is it something different?

Yes the name after each character is the forum name of the original authors ;) I just make the cards...and sometimes edit them a little just coz I can! ;) :lol:

basically a round is when all players currently in game have a turn, but of course if players miss turns this counts as well play only has to go from the first players turn to then first players turn (or the player after if he misses) a round can happen if all player miss a turn (unlikely but possible) because a round is not restricted to players turn per say but instead is when all players have gone through a circle of turns (or unturns hehehe).

So basically it is possible the Crone (my version) can become normal again faster. I found giving her the Toadify effect was a bit nasty giving now the spell is treated in standard play.

Crone:

Uvatha your version is a lot less fun imo, and not as interesting. just a craft+psychic char w a fate generator. I'd change the name at least for your version, not much of a crone anymore.

toadify is a doubleedged sword in this version, as likely to harm her as her opponent.

i like her a lot more w the ability than psychic combat it's part of what sets her apart and makes her interesting. I'd prefer to have it be 4+ to make it something worth betting on rather than a merely defensive ability/hail mary. If you think it's too strong reduce her craft to 3 and strength to 1. if you still think it's too strong make it

1 toadify herself, 2-3 no effect 4-6 opponent strength becomes 1, but I dont think she needs THAT much nerfing

For the flavor the fate she gets should be dark, it's also a big part of how she affects the game in a different way.

New character:

Black knight

strength: 5

craft: 3

Fate: 0

Life:1

start: sentinel

alignment: neutral

If you would lose your last life roll a die if the roll is 2 or more you don't lose life. This ability and roll cannot be affected by anything unless you choose to allow it.

If a character would move past you, that character must attack you in either battle or combat, or end his turn on your space. If he wins he must choose to take a life as a reward (cannot take object or gold), or to continue his move

Edited by Rawsugar

I thought i'd just put these here, these are characters from previous editions that are not in 4th edition revised

Astronomer

2 Strength

4 craft

4 Fate

4 Life

1. You begin the game with one spell

2. Whenever you have to draw adventure cards you may choose to discard one and take a replacement. You must encounter the replacement.

3. You may look at the spell cards held by other players at any time in the game

4. Whenever someone draws the Astral Conjunction card, you may take two spells instead of one if craft allows.

Start: City

Alignment: Neutral

Barbarian

4 Strength

2 Craft

2 Fate

4 Life

1. You begin the game with a Helmet and Battle Axe from the purchase deck.

2. You need not roll the die in the Crags or Chasm unless you wish to. If you choose to roll, you must accept the result.

3. You may use two weapons in battle

4. You may choose to go Berserk during battle. If you do so you may add two to your dice roll for the battle. However, if you lose, you lose two lives instead of one.

Start: Crags

Beastman

4 Strength

2 Craft

2 Fate

4 Life

1. You begin the game with an axe from the purchase deck

2. You need not roll die in the forest unless you wish to. If you choose to roll, you must accept the result.

3. At the start of your turn you may choose to eat one or more of your followers. Discard each follower that you eat. Each follower eaten heals one life.

Start: Forest

Alignment: Evil

Chaos Dwarf

4 Strength

2 Craft

3 Fate

4 Life

1. You begin the game with Armor and an Axe from the purchase deck

2. You are so strong that you can slice through any armor. If you win a battle against another player and decide to take a life, they may not use any armor, shield, or helmet to save the life.

3. You need only roll 2 dice in the mines.

4. You are unaffected by the Siren and Maze

Goblin Fanatic

2 Strength

3 Craft

1 Fate

4 Life

1. You may only use your ball and chain in battle. You may not use any weapons, leave any you encounter in your space and ignore any instructions to take a weapon.

2. You use your ball and chain in battle (not psychic combat). You may roll two dice and add them together to determine your attack score. However if you roll double, you wrapped the chain around your neck and lost regardless of your score.

3. If you encounter a goblin or wolf, you may take them as followers. They will fight with you in your next battle adding their strength to your own for that battle only. After the battle, place them in the discard pile.

4. If you have a wolf as your follower you may ride it. Roll two dice for your movement

Start: Ruins

Halfling

2 Strength

3 Craft

4 Fate

4 Life

1. Whenever you land on a plains space, instead of encountering the space or players, you may immediately roll the dice again for an extra move. You may only take one extra move per turn.

2. Whenever you make a die roll involving your craft, you may ignore the results and try again. You must accept the results of the second roll.

3. After you have moved, you may declare that you will try to hide . Roll a die. If you roll a 5 or 6 you manage to hide and evade the encounter. If you roll a 1-4 you must resolve the encounter as normal.

Start: Village

Alignment: Good

Orc:

4 Strength

2 Craft

2 Fate

4 Life

1. You need not roll a die in the crags unless you wish to. if you choose to roll you must accept the result.

2. Whenever you encounter adventure cards that has the word goblin, hobgoblin or wolf in the title, you may intimidate it and take it as a follower instead of fighting it. To do so your total strength must be higher than your opponents. If your total strength is equal to or less, you must fight the enemy as normal. Each follower will add its strength to yours for one battle of your choosing only, after which it is discarded.

3. If you have a wolf as your follower you may ride it. Roll two dice for your movement.

Start: Crags

Pit Fighter

4 Strength

2 Craft

3 Fate

4 Life

1. You begin the game with a sword, armor and helmet from the purchase deck

2. You may double the bonus of any type of weapon in battle. This does not apply to psychic combat.

Ranger:

3 Strength

3 Craft

4 Fate

4 Life

1. You begin the game with a Bow from the Purchase Deck

2. You need not roll a die in the Forest, Crags, or Chasm unless you wish to. If you choose to roll, you must accept the results.

3. You do not lose a life in the Desert

4. You may ignore the effects of the Blizzard and Storm

5. You may evade enemies in the Woods, Crags or Forest.

Sheriff:

3 Strength

3 Craft

2 Fate

4 Lives

1. You begin the game with armor and a helmet from the purchase deck

2. You may add two to your die roll for movement in the City Region

3. You cannot be jailed. Ignore all instructions to go to Jail.

4. You get a discount at any shop in the City. Subtract 1 gold from the total amount from any item you wish to purchase in the City Region with a minimum of 1g.

5. When you defeat another character, in addition to claiming your normal reward, you may attempt to jail them. On a 5-6 you successfully send them to Jail in the City Region.

Skaven:

3 Strength

3 Craft

2 Fate

4 Life

1. Whenever you roll a 6 for movement, you may move to any space in the same region using your network of secret tunnels

2. You may choose to ignore the effects of a place card and move to any other space in the same region with a place card which you must encounter. However, ff there are no other place cards in the region, you must encounter the one you landed on.

3. You are unaffected by the Pestilence and Siren

Start: Ruins

Soldier:

4 Strength

2 Craft

2 Fate

4 Life

1. You begin the game with a Helmet, Shield, Armor, and Sword from the purchase deck.

2. If you lose your Armor or Sword they may be replaced at no cost when you land on the City space.

3. Whenever you win a battle against another player, in addition to getting your normal reward, you may attempt to imprison him. On a 6 you succeed and they must be imprisoned on the Jail space in the City region. 1-5 nothing happens.

4. You do not have to pay the mercenary for his services

5. You are unaffected by the Patrol and the Raiders

Templar:

4 Strength

3 Craft

5 Fate

4 Life

1. You begin the game with a sword, shield, armor, and riding horse from the purchase deck.

2. You will always be offered a sword and riding horse. If you lose them immediately take another of each from the purchase deck.

3. You are always of Good Alignment. Ignore any effects to change your alignment.

4. Since you will always donate gold to charity, you may never have gold. Ignore any instructions to take gold.

5. You may add two to your result when you pray at the Chapel.

Start: Chapel

Wardancer:

3 Strength

3 Craft

4 Fate

4 Life

1. You start the game with a sword from the purchase deck.

2. When you are in battle, you may decide to charge before you roll the dice. When you do so, you may add two to your result, but you must miss your next turn to catch your breath.

3. You may never wear an armor or helmet. Leave these items on the space you encounter them.

4. You may use a shield and may add one to your scare to see if it save you from losing a life.

Woodsman:

3 Strength

3 Craft

3 Fate

4 Life

1. You begin the game with an axe from the Purchase deck

2. You need not roll a die in the forest unless you wish to. If you do you must accept the result.

3. Whenever you are in a woods space you may draw two cards and discard one of your choice. If there is already a card on the woods space when you land there draw another card and discard one of your choice.

4. When using an axe in combat add two to your score.

5. Whenever you encounter an animal in combat you may take it as a follower instead of fighting it. You may only have one animal follower at a time. It will add its strength to yours for one battle only then is discarded.

Start: Any Woods space

Wraith:

3 Strength

4 Craft

2 Fate

4 Life

1. You begin the game with a sword and armor from the Purchase deck.

2. You do not lose a life in the Graveyard

3. You may add two to your result while praying at the Graveyard

4. Whenever you defeat another character and choose to take a life in battle or psychic combat you may take it to heal one of your own lives.

Start: Graveyard

Edited by kain7th

Hi Uvatha,

Right this post will be updated as I update the charactrers but for starters here is some changes:

Beast Charmer (sorry the amount of leg on show hasn't changed :lol: ):

1st Ability now reads like this - "During your movement, you must move all animals from your current starting space, including those that you pass over, to the space you end your movement on."

Camel Rider :

After play testing the Camel Rider once, I agree that his Craft should be 3 so this has been changed. I have gone ahead and changed fate to 3 as well, will play test the new Camel Rider and see how he fares. Amendments to the wording has also been updated :)

Cavalier :

Since there was alot of changing involved I have created an alternative version for you Uvatha ;) I will play test both and report back as to what I think of the two versions. I do however, feel that the new update reads clearer and is perhaps a little more powerful (which I think could be a good thing!) Here it is :

Cavalier-Uvatha%20EDIT_zpskwzi3klp.png

Crime Lord :

I have edited the City Watch ability to include Night Guard also.

I have changed the evade ability to be a litle less powerful. It now reads "You may evade enemies in the City at the cost of 1 gold."

Madcap :

I have changed the Madcap to include the wording Annoy . Other than that the Madcap is all good :)

Death Seeker : Waiting for Strange Eons v3 and hoping that two symbols can be selected for Required Expansions :)

Earth Mother : Sorry but I loved playing with this character, try it you might like it ;) :lol:

Fate Master : Sorted out the wording for the 1st ability. Now reads replenish instead of heal. Have slightly reworded 2nd ability but have kept it. 3rd ablity has been removed (steal a fate from player after winning in battle ability).

I think I approve of all the changes made to my character designs. I actually debated the evade for 1 gold in my original design of the Crime Lord - so I like it.

However, with the Cavalier, I feel like the spirit of the character has been edited away with the maiden changes and that the free warhorse has made him a bit too powerful - personally, I prefer the original flavour still.

What about this:

• You begin the game with a shield and warhorse.

• A shield will protect you on a roll of 4+

• At the beginning of the game, place the maiden from the adventure deck on the torture chamber space in the dungeon. If you bring the maiden to the castle, you may discard her to replenish your fate to full and gain a destiny card.

• Heal up to 2 lives at the castle for free per visit.

I'd also increase his Craft to 3 with these changes.

A few good things come out of these changes:

1. The abilities are more simple and to the point (less of them as well)
  2. It creates a quest for the Cavalier. The dungeon is a tough place, so it will be a hard go just to b-line it to the torture chamber at the start.
  3. The Cavalier does not start with the Maiden (lessening his starting power, but for a higher game-play reward)
  4. It gives his opponents opportunity to race for the maiden and deny the cavalier his spoils
  5. It mixes 2 expansions (dungeon and woodlands) - something I'd love to see more of
  6. It keeps the flavour that was originally intended (Valiant Cavalier helping the damsel in distress for moral reward)
Edited by chemical22

Chemical22 I am glad you approve of the changes :) I like the new idea for the Cavalier too. One thing that crops up when I read your latest Cavalier would be would the Cavalier want to sacrifise the +2Craft that the Maiden gives to gain his reward? Could it perhaps be the Princess that is held captive in the Torture Chamber? Otherwise I LOVE the new idea :)

Rawsugar - I have to agree with you regarding the Old Crone, I like the dark fate ability and how this works with the theme of the character; as does the Toadify ability :) I am liking the Black Knight character too; I am sure I have seen a homebrew character for the Black Knight someone on this forum ;)

I found this character that someone made years ago; had a little look for good pictures for the Black Knight character card and found this too https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/18114-new-character-goblin-fanatic/

Kain7th - A nice list you have there buddy, I am sure there are more characters that haven't seen the light of day yet from 2nd or 3rd edition. The Centaur is one character that springs to mind...unless of course he has been made officially and I have missed out! :lol: I will however, make up a couple of the characters you've listed ;)

Chemical22 I am glad you approve of the changes :) I like the new idea for the Cavalier too. One thing that crops up when I read your latest Cavalier would be would the Cavalier want to sacrifise the +2Craft that the Maiden gives to gain his reward? Could it perhaps be the Princess that is held captive in the Torture Chamber? Otherwise I LOVE the new idea :)

That is possible too. I DID think about the sacrifice of the Craft - but I balanced it out by the full replenish of fate, and the destiny card which I believe will offer more than enough compensation (most, if not all, give +1 in 2 stats plus a bonus ability). Keeping in mind, also that the maiden can be killed, stolen and discarded - while the destiny is permanent, even if your character dies.

However, if the general feel is that it needs more incentive - then the princess could work both for game play and flavour.

here is the Skaven Kain7th ;)

Skaven-Front-Face_zpseruirawi.png

and the Centaur too ;)

Centaur-Front-Face_zpsvkqpbstb.png

Edited by jackyboy

here is the Skaven Kain7th ;)

Skaven-Front-Face_zpseruirawi.png

and the Centaur too ;)

Centaur-Front-Face_zpsvkqpbstb.png

Wow thanks for that.

Edited by kain7th

29c80wi.jpg

I just made the Soldier. What do you guys think?

29c80wi.jpg

Woooo way to nasty. Plus it needs The City icon because you have added the jail space ability thus you need The City to use him. Should have the 1st ability but then a bad ability if he loses his items say "you cant repeal fate" thats a good idea because soldiers need their weapons armour :) . With the 3rd ability that's more of a watchman ability not a soldiers ability. I think go like: 1st ability - 2nd the bad armour, weapon one - drop 3rd - make 4th you can buy helmet-sword-armour for -1 gold from city space - keep 4th... there with some playtesting looks good.

29c80wi.jpg

Woooo way to nasty. Plus it needs The City icon because you have added the jail space ability thus you need The City to use him. Should have the 1st ability but then a bad ability if he loses his items say "you cant repeal fate" thats a good idea because soldiers need their weapons armour :) . With the 3rd ability that's more of a watchman ability not a soldiers ability. I think go like: 1st ability - 2nd the bad armour, weapon one - drop 3rd - make 4th you can buy helmet-sword-armour for -1 gold from city space - keep 4th... there with some playtesting looks good.

Thanks for the feedback, i just started using the strange eons. i don't know how to put the city icon on there. do you?

Here's the Sheriff i just made

264mfrm.jpg

Kain7th

I really like the artwork you have used for the characters, I think it is time for the rest of the old official characters to make an emergence :D

When exporting the characterc card in strange eons if you look at the options you will notice that you can select it to not have the front and back together; I find this alot better for printing ;) I am out of the house at the moment but when I get home i'll knock another couple of characters up. I will go through my 2nd and 3rd editions to try and make sure all are accounted for :D

As for adding the City expansion icon, it is easy said than done with the current v :ersion of strange eons. The city came out after the current talisman plugin but Jon is working on the new version as we speak :D If you really want to add the city icon you need to open the talisman plugin in winrar and change one of the current icons for expansions to the city icon.

Kain7th

I really like the artwork you have used for the characters, I think it is time for the rest of the old official characters to make an emergence :D

When exporting the characterc card in strange eons if you look at the options you will notice that you can select it to not have the front and back together; I find this alot better for printing ;) I am out of the house at the moment but when I get home i'll knock another couple of characters up. I will go through my 2nd and 3rd editions to try and make sure all are accounted for :D

I couldn't figure out how to do this. but here are all the rest. Took me a couple hours to do. hardest part is finding the right picture lol.

51835t.jpg

160ed1y.jpg

vspc48.jpg

4l3o6f.jpg

azcvg7.jpg

2rp73hc.jpg

Edited by kain7th

250pklj.jpg

b4i687.jpg

1zfsynq.jpg

4sfo7o.jpg

3506owg.jpg

npp015.jpg

2cptddv.jpg

212sfww.jpg

29f2dxk.jpg

Edited by kain7th

When you Export your Image from SE2 there is a window that pops up with File Formats etc. At the bottom of this there is a checkbox to combine fronts and backs. Uncheck it.

When you Export your Image from SE2 there is a window that pops up with File Formats etc. At the bottom of this there is a checkbox to combine fronts and backs. Uncheck it.

I just saw it under custom options tab. I will do it later, maybe after work

**** you've been busy Kain7th!!!! :D

haha I just made you a Beastman with the EXACT same artwork! (only thing I added was the "You are not affected by the Siren" ability)

These all look excellent, you must have spent the afternoon at the computer. I would be really interested in grabbing the eon files off you for these as I would like to print them off (fronts and backs seperate) although I have read that you know how to change this now. Either way if you have a link to download the lot in one place that would be great :)

I think once ALL old official characters are made then it would be a great addition to TalismanIsland hey Jon? nudge nudge wink wink ;) ;) :lol: :lol:

Geeez stop making characters my heads exploding reading through them all hehehe.

There we go. i uploaded them all without the backs. i also changed the Soldier a little.

I just figure, why not have all the characters from previous editions in this one? let's have em all!