Detailed decal set

By Millennium Falsehood, in X-Wing

Has anyone printed and applied these yet?

Not printed and applied these specific, but i made my own sheet of decals. Works very well, and i found a tip which I will actually try tonight, to apply matt varnish on it to hide the gloss of the decals. In reality on most ships there is not a lot of room to put them though. Even on the lambda i was surprised how little room there was for the bigger decals.

I put some large decals on the wings and fin of my lambdas.. also did a school bus version.. all came out nice and used liberally micro sol and set respectively.. if I think about it I'll try to link in the threads I posted here to see what I did.. I'm sure they are well hidden in the far reaches of these threads.. lol

Newest update.

sorry for the wash effect, the gloss cote is causing some flare.

Being dissatisfied with the wing decals I removed the old smaller ones and replaced them with newer larger ones, and reoriented them as I decided I wanted all Imp symbols to have the same facing

Put black tips on the wings and a walkway on the fuselage, then the district number on the bottom of the wings so they can be read when the wings fold.

DSCN0387.jpg

DSCN0388.jpg

DSCN0393.jpg

More gloss cote and also a black bar on the bottom with the district Number in yellow. will put that up later, hopefully I can find a good stop sign so I can make a decal for that and use it on the bottom of the wings, and STOP in Aurebesh

Here is what I did with mine... the gloss is intentional, as I wanted that 'new' look for this project...

OK, realizing I can't use the decal paper I was trying to, it is just too delicate for my barbaric handling, I have another type that I can use. I used it on the Imp symbols on these fine albino space Bison..

Decided to personalize my translucent cosmic Manatees tonight, and added the imp symbol on the school buses top fin as well. Need to hit the local shop and get some supplies I think

Next time I'll throw in the TIEs I am painting to match the District 2987 Bus.

DSCN0355.jpg

DSCN0359.jpg

DSCN0354.jpg

DSCN0353.jpg

slowly but surely it will get finished.. I need to do some masking and do my black lines and see if I can find some lights for the back and sides.

And here are the large decals I did for the standard luminescent albino manatees.. the jolly roger has been removed from the one and it has a large decal as well (imp symbol)

Maybe i should have tried bigger ones, here what mine look like. The matt varnish didnt help one bit though

2014-06-13013706_zps20183947.jpg

2014-06-13013821_zps72e92d02.jpg

2014-06-13013748_zps0baa2095.jpg

I would love to see alternate squads as well, blue or green x-wing squads, grey y-wing squad, etc.

Also, full (various) A & B squadrons.

Ooh! Ooh! Large ship sets, YT-1300 and Firespray variants! (I can't paint details for spit)

What's the status on these? Is the last picture to scale and ready to be printed? Or do they still need some work

@Sigidi: I like what you did with your shuttle. Did you use a gloss coat before you applied the decals? That's what I do. Then after the decals are dry, I use a dull coat. It hasn't failed me yet.

@MillenniumFalsehood: Hope you are doing well. Any updates on these?

I keep checking this post daily in hopes to see new work, I hope you keep up the great wirk !!

Oh man! Nothing new yet

Hey Millennium, how's this going? :)

Not as well as I'd like. Got caught up in a LOT of commissions for art and other things (like getting a steady job finally! WOO-HOO!) and I just sort of forgot about these. Not to mention the fact that I currently have no printer with which to test these babies out.

But rest assured they'll be finished eventually. I want them as much as you guys because I want accurate Battle of Yavin livery for all my X-wings and Y-wings. Plus, I'm getting a nice printer for Chrismas, so I'll be able test them soon. :D

Patience, friends. I'll get them done as soon as I can. :)

What's the status on these? Is the last picture to scale and ready to be printed? Or do they still need some work

I've said before on this thread, but don't print these yet. The previews I've been giving you all have been low-quality and they aren't scaled properly yet.

You da man Millennium!! :)

Thanks, man. :) One more day and I can test these decals! :D

Thanks, man. :) One more day and I can test these decals! :D

Quick, move to Australia. It's almost time for Christmas Day lunch here!

Thanks for share this, It looks very useful, how do you print to apply the dacails, in 1 on 1 scale???, or I zoom in???, greettings.

Thanks for share this, It looks very useful, how do you print to apply the dacails, in 1 on 1 scale???, or I zoom in???, greetings.

I've said before on this thread, but don't print these yet. The previews I've been giving you all have been low-quality and they aren't scaled properly yet.

Hermione: Honestly, don't you (guys) read?

Edited by Millennium Falsehood

Thanks for share this, It looks very useful, how do you print to apply the dacails, in 1 on 1 scale???, or I zoom in???, greetings.

Hermione: Honestly, don't you (guys) read?

Well shot, MF! Haha.

Now I'm one of the poor sods who paint stuff like this by hand but I will say that this shows a lot of promise! I'm willing to bet that there are a lot of people willing to try out the previews despite being low quality.

Now I'm one of the poor sods who paint stuff like this by hand but I will say that this shows a lot of promise! I'm willing to bet that there are a lot of people willing to try out the previews despite being low quality.

print blurry and add a lot of damage and weathering.

Can't wait to print these out. Thanks a million MF!

MTFBWY

Jammies

No problem. :)

Well, I got my new printer and bought some decal paper. A few minutes ago I printed out the sheet at what I believe is the correct size, and applied decal film to the decals. In two days, after the film has had ample time to set, I will cut them out and apply them to some X-wings and Y-wings, then make adjustments as I see fit. When I can apply them perfectly in one go, I'll print them to a PDF, then share the file with all of you guys. :)

Gb9PCTd.jpg

This looks promising.

I am using 8½ x 5½ sheets from Testors, I should be running some test prints myself using a high DPI ink jet. Maybe, Sunday if I get time.