Detailed decal set

By Millennium Falsehood, in X-Wing

That's good to hear! I've put aside my X-wings and Y-wings for painting for now in anticipation of the decals. Right now S&V and the Imps are getting all the paintbrush love!

Okay, they're finished! :D

qhFLchG.png

All that's left to do is number them and make instructions. The Y-wings will come later, followed by TIE Fighter and Scum markings.

That's so great! Thanks for all the hard work.

Looking good!

Are you going to release a higher-resolution version?

Edit: Also, what size is this suppose to be printed at? What dpi is your image?

Edited by Klutz

Okay, they're finished! :D

All that's left to do is number them and make instructions. The Y-wings will come later, followed by TIE Fighter and Scum markings.

They look fantastic! Looking forward to see the directions and the other decals. Really excellent job on these!

Very cool

Looking good!

Are you going to release a higher-resolution version?

Edit: Also, what size is this suppose to be printed at? What dpi is your image?

Adding a small "ruler" graphic to each sheet would be very helpful for this. Then you can do a test print and check the size.

- H8

Thanks for share this, It looks very useful, how do you print to apply the dacails, in 1 on 1 scale???, or I zoom in???, greetings.

I've said before on this thread, but don't print these yet. The previews I've been giving you all have been low-quality and they aren't scaled properly yet.

Hermione: Honestly, don't you (guys) read?

Again, don't you people read?! XD

So here's what I've got on the Y-wing. I had gotten all the panels done for them, but I realized that they just didn't look good enough. So I decided to revamp them with weathering patterns matching the ships in the Battle of Yavin. Here's a comparison between the new and the old:

0gnXwu8.png

Edited by Millennium Falsehood

Looks good! Are the blue squares for the windshield?

Have you applied any of these to ships yet?

No, those are the decals for the blue areas on the engines.

Have you applied any of these to ships yet?

Check earlier in the thread. I've got a pic. :)

Very cool.

No, those are the decals for the blue areas on the engines.

Oh nice! I had to Google a picture real quick to check it out. Those'll be very tiny! I'm very excited about these!

Do you guys think you can do me a favor and tell me whether this makes any sense?

oGhCSyN.png

Looks good to me!

Seems pretty easy to understand - though I'd have to see the numbered decal sheet as well ;)

The front view is a nice touch, though may not be necessary

I just wanted to make sure it was as easy to understand as possible.

Okay, so I was going to wait until I had created an illustrated how-to (and it's coming; I'm just waiting for the ink on the decal sheet to dry), but I figured there are enough smart people here who can figure out how to make their own decals, so here's a link to the final PDFs of the decal sheet for Red Squadron and the placement guide:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4qrjgl52f47jt/X-wing_Miniatures_Game

This will be the folder for all the decal releases I make, so for future releases refer to this link. :) Hope you enjoy!

What printer setting do you use?

I've found that printing on clear film only works for black as the other colours come out too faint with the 2 printers I've tried.

I use the fullest setting possible. Also, you'll need to paint the miniature Model Master Light gray before applying the decals.

Do you have any interest in expanding into Scum craft?

If there were ever a decal I couldn't paint yet wish I could, it would be N'dru Suhlak's flames-and-eyes on the nose of his Headhunter. :)

Hah.. I need the twi-lek woman for the side Eamons firespray.. lol... any good renditions of it out there..

Those decals are looking first rate MF.. cant wait to see how they look on my ships..

Don't apply them yet. I just did another test of the PDF, and something happened to it between the first test application and printing the PDF. The body decals (#1) and cockpit decals (#10, #11) are too small somehow. I'll fix them and make a new decal sheet PDF.

I painted up Luke Wedge and Biggs ages ago, the work you've done here on the decals is making doing red 7, 8, 9 and 10 much easier they are great guide for free hand.

Thank you muchly.

I'm making a lot of progress on these things. I've been running into a lot of other scaling issues, but nothing that can't be quickly worked out by a simple re-scaling of the decals:

Here's my current lineup of X-wings (I'm still missing two):

RDygqPm.jpg

Red 1 and 2:

ZhKoF9Z.jpg

Red 3 and 4:

qIPA9nh.jpg

Red 5 and 6:

nNWQvOp.jpg

The single biggest decal that needs to be redone is the nose cone decal. It's about 80% the size it needs to be.

Edited by Millennium Falsehood