Detailed decal set

By Millennium Falsehood, in X-Wing

These look fantastic! Very excited about them. I tried free-handing the wing markings- it's very difficult. The decals will make this so much easier!

I'm pretty **** excited about these as well :)

Nooooo! Why did I read this thread? Now I have the urge to go buy enough X-Wings to make use of these gorgeous decals. :wub:

First off - these look amazing. Thank you and if OK I would love to use these Decals myself.

Secondly, have you done decals for Blue and/ or Green squadron?

If this request comes across as rude or like I think the work you have done is not good enough it isn't meant to be. I am just desperate to make my own Yavin space scene

This is some fantastic work!!!!

I am curious as to which site/s you used as reference material in order to get the schemes for the xwings.

Could you share them please?

I think that Red 6 is my favourite out of the completed Xwings.

Hey all, so I printed these decals out. Finally ready to apply them, and they are scaled too big. Did I need to do something in the printing? Perhaps if Millinium made the source file available that would be better than a PDF, as I don't think the scale transferred properly to the PDF.

Great idea!

I'm gonna try this with some Black Sun decals for my Talonbane Cobra, Y-wing and YV-666 reprints. I don't have the ability to paint symbols....none what so ever.

I just love that Millennium Falsehood has 10 X-Wings .. all with unique markings. Gorgeous.

Hey all, so I printed these decals out. Finally ready to apply them, and they are scaled too big. Did I need to do something in the printing? Perhaps if Millinium made the source file available that would be better than a PDF, as I don't think the scale transferred properly to the PDF.

I believe MF said in a previous post that he was working on the scaling. I hope MF hasn;t walked away from this project. he has done so much and many of us are excited to see/apply the results of his hard work.

I've talked to him via PM. He's still working on them, just hasn't come back to them. In his pics they look to be all scaled properly, I can't help but think something went awry in the transfer to PDF. Further testing shows the primary hull stripe markings are off, drastically. I'm trying to custom cut them to fit.

I plan on using Model Masters Camouflage Gray. It's a great color that looks perfect under a wash.

And yes, Micro Sol and Micro Set are required for the bumpiness of the hull, if you don't want silvering.

Hi,

Coming late to "the game" but I wanted to add, to avoid silvering, a great way is to use Testors Gloss coat (airbrush is supposedly best, but I still am a rattle can guy), after painting. Once thoroughly dry, decal (using the Microscale stuff for helping them set in to bumps, details, etc), then dullcoat over the decals. If this was already posted somewhere, please forgive the repost. Hope to try some of these myself.

R/,

Norm

"Old School" SW fan (i.e. Ep. IV, V, & VI)

If you're looking for ideas outside the Rebel faction, how about a Scum sheet with:

Binyare Pirate (Z-95) red-cheque pattern;

the flame-teeth-&-eye for N'dru;

Black Sun logos sized for K-fighter/Y-Wings/Fangs and also larger ships

the triangle and stripes design on Old Teroch

Additionally, for Imp's and Reb's, all the Huge ship titles written in Aurebesh.

I didn't read all the way through but Wedge needs Death Star kill marks

Hiya, guys. Sorry I haven't been posting much... a LOT of stuff going on IRL with me, mainly finishing technical school, heh. BUT! If anyone wants the source file, don't hesitate to ask. :) I'm always willing to share my work, and I think these work just fine as they are (mainly because I'm too lazy to rework them! :P ). But if they bother you, you all have my permission to modify them as you see fit.

what are the red pentagons on the tie? like...what is it referenced from?

disregard that. found it on the RPF.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=127749

side note to anyone who is interested in star wars stuff....the RPF folks have been studying these things for YEARS. some of the best minds in the business( and i mean IN THE BUSINESS of star wars ships.)

that thread above is pure gold for anyone interested in the history of the real tie fighters.