Shield of Humanity

By Arbitrator, in Only War

and a Cyber Claw that does awesome damage and attaches at waist-height... creating the image of a death-dealing cyber phallus.

It's actually a version of this thing (you should also notice that that guy has the Omnissian Rod from The Lathe Worlds as well). Basically a kind-of servo-arm, but not done in the same way as regular Tech-Priests.

BYE

"Traitor" regiments still recieve supplies because not all subdivisions of beurocratic monster that is Munitorum got word about their excommunication? Or are they more akin to stigmartus troopers who are supposed to "acquire" stuff or make do without it?

Shadowsword.... ouch. I dread to think what the 'Big Gun' is capable of on that thing.

So....we've got the Baneblade, Shadowsword and Stormlord now? Superheavy Regiment sounds scarily tempting....

...Not least because there's that awesome baneblade cross-section floating around somewhere.

Ah. Here we are:

baneblade-whole_1374141894.jpg

Edited by Magnus Grendel

Shadowsword.... ouch. I dread to think what the 'Big Gun' is capable of on that thing.

So....we've got the Baneblade, Shadowsword and Stormlord now? Superheavy Regiment sounds scarily tempting....

Imagine a Das Boot-like campaign... Also bonus experience to the player who would naturally incorporate quotes such as "Ready to unleash eleven barrels of hell" and "Engine kill".

All this stuff really made me want to GM an OW campaign. Luckily, I have 4 guys to call in, even though they have never tried the OW system before and their games were in a quite... different 40k universe. I wonder how they will fare without freely available psychic powers, 24/7 live spysat uplink, high-tech gadgets and the "violence is the last option" theme... I think it will be pretty darn LOLastic :lol: .

Hope the book arrives this week, and I can borrow it from its owner for the game!

I almost forgot to ask, what are the new examples of named regiments? I am reasonably sure that we will get Kanak Skulltakers, dont we?

Named regiments include an ogryn world close assault regiment, a ratling world light infantry regiment, and the Crimson Guard (which are hard to build strictly by the rules considering their high-end starting gear).

Is it just straight up Crimson Guard, or some sub-set of the Crimson Guard?

BYE

What does the Close Assault Regiment get you?

All this stuff really made me want to GM an OW campaign. Luckily, I have 4 guys to call in, even though they have never tried the OW system before and their games were in a quite... different 40k universe. I wonder how they will fare without freely available psychic powers, 24/7 live spysat uplink, high-tech gadgets and the "violence is the last option" theme... I think it will be pretty darn LOLastic :lol: .

Hope the book arrives this week, and I can borrow it from its owner for the game!

I must admit, Only War is a big change in that respect. The first session of No Surrender has something of a Normandy Beach overtone as the guard launch a boarding action into a space station. A group of used-to-dark-heresy players who also tend towards the cunning plan and limited violence approach were somewhat shocked when the first thing that happened after they got into the docking bay was a pair of heavy bolters opened up from the mezzanine into the group, whose first action had been "we look around to get a feel for what's going on in the battle" rather than "we find some solid cover and hide the feth behind it".

Two fate points and a wounded comrade later, they got the message......

I know what I did to my players. I almost had a TPK on the first session. One of my players got picked up by an Ork Nob and nearly thrown over the edge of a huge miles long bridge. Long way down it would have been. On top of that they had a run in with a large group of gretchin who nearly poked their eyes out good. Finally activating the bridge like they needed to. THen on the way back to base in their Chimera had a run in with some homebrewed gretchin gyrcopters that were belching smoke and barely flying. Firing boolets everywhere.

Ah good times.

Edited by Gamgee

I got my hands on the book. Been going through it but something really confuses me.

The Volcano Cannon is a titan-killer weapon, yet as statted... It really doesn't strike me as one. Is it a misprint, or am I missing something here?

It can't be right. It's functionally identical to the Hydra Flak Autocannons, except with twice as much range and the burst 6 is in Semi-Auto instead of the Hydra's Full-Auto.

EDIT: The correct stats are in the ranged weapons table on page 126. They're mistyped in the Shadowsword's stats.

Edited by AbesolutZERO

Ordered from Bookdepository (truly a blessing for us central European sods). In meantime, I have another question: are the new talents "regular" ones, or "veteran" as presented in Enemies of the Imperium? Also, do we finally have Armour of Contempt back?

Ordered from Bookdepository (truly a blessing for us central European sods). In meantime, I have another question: are the new talents "regular" ones, or "veteran" as presented in Enemies of the Imperium? Also, do we finally have Armour of Contempt back?

The new Talents use the regular system for acquisition. Armour of Contempt is not included.

Got my own book today from my local Gamestore (Finland). I can feel it burning in my backpack but work prevents me from checking it in more detail.

Well tomorrow, By Emperors willing, my players will have official stats for their Defence bunkers Sabre Gun Platform. I made my own stats for them so I'm pleased they made official rules for them. Will see how FFG has made them to work.

They are going to need Emperor's Blessing if they are to survive what I have in mind for them. Sergeant went down last session (burned Faith Point to survive point blank shot from Hellgun) so we shall see how everybody else fair :P

Give 'em a few Tarantulas to help 'em out. They're in there too.

My copy arrived yesterday. It's lots of fun. I like the picture of Captain Mechanicus. :P

BYE

Give 'em a few Tarantulas to help 'em out. They're in there too.

My copy arrived yesterday. It's lots of fun. I like the picture of Captain Mechanicus. :P

BYE

Naaaah, They already got Two Sabre Gun Platforms (Lascannon variants) and their Chimera. That should balance the fight ;)

I'm in Canada and still no book. It's in the country though, so for sure next week.

So finally have my book and I've convinced my group that after this next campaign we're going to do a mixed Catachan/Ogryn World Regiment so I can make an Ogryn Medic and name him Dok, it would only be Dok because he forgot his actual name after a while.

"Ok little'un I'm gunna 'old ya down and patch ya up, but first I gutta take off dis leg."

Woo hoo, my book arrived on Friday and I am very happy with it.

Now to persuade my GM to allow me to swap one of my doctrines to Cyber-Enhanced for even more cybernetic goodies for my Tech Priest :-)

The Omnissiah is displeased. My shield of humanity arrived with extensive page damage. I have to send it back.

Must be the work of the Chaos!

Edited by orwen89

My FLGS has two copies picking one up tomorrow. I'll get the refund much later, but reading the book now anyways. My faith in the Emperor has and always will be rewarded. No matter how dark the day may look, the servants of chaos should remember that next time they plot.

So how exactly does Favoured Weapons: Integrated Weapons work for the Crimson Guard again?

I'm assuming that their availability is decreased by 10 as per usual. I'd apply this bonus to the Integrated Weapon Components, and any ranged weapons in the tables described as an integrated weapon.

I was a little confused by the Crimson Exemplar “Integrated Weapon Systems” advance. It seems to just be a free “Integrated Weapon Component” upgrade to any Basic/Melee weapon, and also seems to be harder to disconnect (at -20 as opposed to a +10 p125). Not massively impressed with that. Also does Target Lock include Ballistic Mechanidrites? It seems fairly limited otherwise, as each hit can only be a single shot (compare this to the Enginseer Prime Machine Lord).

Enginseer prime seems pretty OP, gets some nice talents and some even nicer kit. Four implants! At least they required some XP to utilise.

The Architectus Magna needs some love, his gear is absolutely AWFUL. Getting a (common) MIU is a joke, I’d change this to a (good) MIU or MIU Weapon Interface (ruled to work with vehicles?).