Shield of Humanity

By Arbitrator, in Only War

My shield of humanity is shipping now to Canadia. For the Emperor!

Wow. Don't I feel full of derp. Somehow missed the multiple posts... I swear they weren't there when I asked... O.o Anywho, thank you, HappyDaze. Gamgee, what part of our Great White North are you awaiting delivery? I'm im NS and my Local Game Store says possibly 3 weeks.... Please God-Emperor let this be less!

Yes, please let us know a list of vehicles in the book. I'm very interested to see what made it in. My copy sadly hasn't arrived yet, but soon!

BYE

Perfect timing for this book, we just finished up a 10 mission campaign with custom regiment that specialized in aquatic warfare and now group voted and they want to do a Catachan campaign, so that Close Assault Regiment sounds perrrrrfect :D

Edited by sunhawk88

LR Exterminator

LR Executioner

Hydra Flak Tank

Manticore Rocket Battery

Griffon Heavy Mortar

Hades Breaching Drill

Bane Wolf Chemical Tank

Salamander Reconaissance Vehicle

Salamander Command Vehicle

Tauros Assault Vehicle

Tauros Venator

Atlas Recovery Vehicle

Centaur Carrier

Cyclops Demolition Vehicle

Sabre Gun Platform

Tarantula Sentry Guns

Shadowsword

If I'm reading the Ogryn World and Ratling World entries correctly, these allow regiments where ogryn/ratlings take a Guardsmen specialties. You thus could have an ogryn sergeant (or even medic...) or a ratling heavy gunner. Very interesting for a combined regiment game.

I also find it interesting that you could take the Ogryn World option along with Cyber-Enhanced if you want every member of the regiment to have Good-Craftsmanship Cerebral Implants (the first step in making a Bone'ead). In effect, you'd get an ogryn unit where every member has the brains of a Bone'ead (but that specialty would still allow them develop it further with Advances like Enhanced Intellect and Improved Dexterity).

The Crimson Guard compare fairly closely with what we saw in Dark Heresy. Again, starting with AP 6 environmentally sealed armour that gives Unnatural Strength 1 is pretty badass for this game. The Lathe-lasrifle (the integrated weapon) is also part of starting kit, and it's still 100m, S/2/-, 1d10+6, Pen 2, Tearing with unlimited ammo. Yeah, that's definitely high end for Only War.

LR Exterminator

LR Executioner

Hydra Flak Tank

Manticore Rocket Battery

Griffon Heavy Mortar

Hades Breaching Drill

Bane Wolf Chemical Tank

Salamander Reconaissance Vehicle

Salamander Command Vehicle

Tauros Assault Vehicle

Tauros Venator

Atlas Recovery Vehicle

Centaur Carrier

Cyclops Demolition Vehicle

Sabre Gun Platform

Tarantula Sentry Guns

Shadowsword

That list sounds awesome!

I particularly like seeing the Shadowsword because of the firepower; the Tarantulas and Sabre platforms because they'll likely come up often; the Tauros as an alternative to the Chimera and the Atlas, because Utility vehicles are always interesting to see.

Are there any vehicle upgrades in the book?

BYE

Are there any vehicle upgrades in the book?

BYE

Only about a dozen of them. ;)

Ah good.

See I'm in a weird position where I know what's in the book, but I also don't know what's in the book, because I haven't seen the final version so don't know what made it and what didn't.

Thanks for the update. :)

I do have one (two-part) direct question though, and then I'll leave you alone:

1. Is the Venator Blade in the armoury?

2. What is it's Penetration value?

BYE

Edited by H.B.M.C.

Ah good.

See I'm in a weird position where I know what's in the book, but I also don't know what's in the book, because I haven't seen the final version so don't know what made it and what didn't.

Thanks for the update. :)

I do have one (two-part) direct question though, and then I'll leave you alone:

1. Is the Venator Blade in the armoury?

2. What is it's Penetration value?

BYE

Any hints is there anything else coming for 40k this year? We got nurlge book and DH2, but is there anything else? Even if its just a possibility. I know you can't say anything, but a hint would be great.

Edited by Gamgee

Yep, the Nurgle book. Really looking forward to that one. There's some great stuff in there (that I can't talk about). And there's DH2.0 (I guess... Gen-Con release maybe? Who knows?). Beyond that I'm not sure, and Mr. NDA is a powerful man who I dare not cross. ^_^

BYE

Yep, the Nurgle book. Really looking forward to that one. There's some great stuff in there (that I can't talk about). And there's DH2.0 (I guess... Gen-Con release maybe? Who knows?). Beyond that I'm not sure, and Mr. NDA is a powerful man who I dare not cross. ^_^

BYE

Say no more. :D

Venator Blade: Melee/Thrown, 6m, 1d5+2 R, Pen 2, Balanced, Felling (2), Razor Sharp, 0.5kg, Extremely Rare, and cannot be destroyed by a weapon with the Power Field quality...

Just one more thing that makes the Crimson Guard high-powered.

I'm somewhat surprised at how effective the Hydra is against ground targets. These things are now my favorite for engaging light vehicles and heavy infantry (not to mention aircraft).

Venator Blade: Melee/Thrown, 6m, 1d5+2 R, Pen 2, Balanced, Felling (2), Razor Sharp, 0.5kg, Extremely Rare, and cannot be destroyed by a weapon with the Power Field quality...

Just one more thing that makes the Crimson Guard high-powered.

Ok good. It is Pen 2. That's what it's meant to be. It was meant to be that way in The Lathe Worlds as well but... isn't ... for some reason. It's Pen 4. Dunno why.

BYE

If I'm reading the Ogryn World and Ratling World entries correctly, these allow regiments where ogryn/ratlings take a Guardsmen specialties. You thus could have an ogryn sergeant (or even medic...) or a ratling heavy gunner. Very interesting for a combined regiment game.

As someone whose characters were saved by an Ork medic several times, I highly welcome the Ogryn medic as a playable character!

I find myself wanting to make a regiment from an Ogryn World that uses mounts. Either Rough Riders or a Close Assault Regiment with Cavalry Mounts (and a big Drawback). I don't know how well it'll work, but it's stoking the fires of my imagination.

Are there any new Cybernetics? Got a Operator with a The Flesh is Weak and Cybernetic Calibrations :)

Any new talent? :rolleyes:

Could you please explain a bit about the Iconoclast and Traitor Drawbacks, HappyDaze?

I know that Iconoclast have something to do with heresy by its definition but I love to hear how it works here.

Definitely cant wait to get this book!

Are there any new Cybernetics? Got a Operator with a The Flesh is Weak and Cybernetic Calibrations :)

There's a jetpack that's for the Crimson Guard (that they can all start with thanks to Cyber-Enhanced) and a Cyber Claw that does awesome damage and attaches at waist-height... creating the image of a death-dealing cyber phallus.

Any new talent? :rolleyes:

Too many to list.

Could you please explain a bit about the Iconoclast and Traitor Drawbacks, HappyDaze?

I know that Iconoclast have something to do with heresy by its definition but I love to hear how it works here.

Definitely cant wait to get this book!

Iconoclast - Your regiment isn't considered heretical, but it's questionable. Penalties on dealing with the Ecclesiarchy and their members.

Traitor - Rightly or not, your regiment is considered to have gone over to the enemy. Getting gear, supplies, and replacement troops is rather tough as a result.