Talisman - Digital Edition

By Nomad_Carl, in Talisman

I found a possible exploit with the whirlwind card. I was able to use the alchemist follower right before I rolled to see how many spaces my lost items would move. I received the gold for alchimizing, and then items moved the distance I rolled for the whirlwind.

If I had a feature request, it would be for an Undo option during solo play. Its real easy to miss tap somthing - or accidently cast a spell that you cant back up etc... Also, is the feather icon below the active cards tab ever going to be activated? A game log would be cool too.

Interesting you spoke about the undo. I played my 1st game this weekend, and only for about a half an hour. I love Talisman, it's like my 2nd favorite game, but I am not as thrilled with the Digital version, at least solo play, I still would like to try online with friends. Anyways, I tried to look at a card on a space and the game sent my character there. I didn't want to move there I wanted to see the card. I wanted an undo. There was none. So I googled it and found this:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/247000/discussions/0/540743757503040977/

That's is where the undo discussion is taking place.

Doma add me on steam please. Same username as here!

As I was sharing, I probably won't be playing online, unless its with RLF's. No offense to you talismanamsilat, or anyone else. It just me and my friend live in different cities and don't get to game often, otherwise I wouldn't play online at all. But if I am interested, I will add you and contact you. :-)

I'm hoping we get a Relic DE from the same company. Talisman DE is actually quite a fantastic iteration of the board game once you familiarize with the interface.

It's nine out of ten stars for me. The only point off is for lack of 5th and 6th players, because it really does stay as close to tabletop as it can.

DE follows the rules as written as best interpretation allows. The company making DE has made a few of their own calls on poorly written rules and cards or rules discrepancies where interpretation comes up with no exact answer. So confusing spells like Hydra cause...very little confusion. And it leaves you with the ability to have tournament styles games that will have no arguments over rules as the calls on them are built into the system, so to speak.

It's missing few things but I mean very few. For example on table top, you can run out of tokens for gold, fate etc and you have that rule where once they are out, they are out. Which comes up most often with Gold being as their is only supposed to be 30 gold at the table. DE you have unlimited. But these are minor discrepancies.

In exchange for those you get all the promotional stuff including the really expensive and rare promo cards. You get Danse Macabre and the basic Alternate Ending cards. You get translated and vastly improved Mephestio magazine characters which you never had the miniature for. The very popular older edition characters are also going to make an appearance (Pirate, Ninja, etc.). Minatures already painted too. And while this may not appeal to some, I like that you can have everyone playing the same character. Try a game of four Merchants for a laugh.

The game launched with a bit of a rocky start and you still need to find friends on steam (They have a thread for Talisman friends on the forum) but the game stability is now 100% and you can save online games and go back to them.

In the many patches DE has received, Ive been surprised with the developer's ability to patch/fix and even change the interface to allow the effects of certain rules and cards to come into play.

Ive put a lot of faith into the development team at this point so I'm really curious to see some of the calls they make on certain rules like:

Minotaur + Riding Horse. - This one has caused plenty of argument at the table.

Alchemist + City.

All the wonky rules that can clash with alternate endings.

Terrain cards being placed on the Warlock Cave.

And what they will do with the Shapeshifter when it comes out, as it's such a bizarre and hard to translate character, I bet they rewrite it from the ground up. So far their versions of the Mephisto 12 have been the best versions I've seen.

And if anything buy the DE just so you can kick someone's butt with the Genie :)

The DE really is something else. I love it.

It is very interesting, but while searching for board games to add to my collection I decided to buy Small World. However upon playing it, I didn't like it. My youngest son likes it, and others as well so I am keeping it, but what is interesting is that the DE for Small World went on sale a couple weeks ago and I bought it. I thought, "why not, its a couple of bucks and I may like the DE more than the actual board game", and I did.

So now I have the DE for Talisman, which board game I love, but don't care for the DE much, but I have the board game Small World which I don't like, but really enjoy the DE version.

Who'd figure that? :huh: :blink:

OK another one... If you use Immobilize on a character with a raft, they will stiff have the option to cross the river on their next term. I say BS to that! LOL

I'm hoping we get a Relic DE from the same company. Talisman DE is actually quite a fantastic iteration of the board game once you familiarize with the interface.

It's nine out of ten stars for me. The only point off is for lack of 5th and 6th players, because it really does stay as close to tabletop as it can.

DE follows the rules as written as best interpretation allows. The company making DE has made a few of their own calls on poorly written rules and cards or rules discrepancies where interpretation comes up with no exact answer. So confusing spells like Hydra cause...very little confusion. And it leaves you with the ability to have tournament styles games that will have no arguments over rules as the calls on them are built into the system, so to speak.

It's missing few things but I mean very few. For example on table top, you can run out of tokens for gold, fate etc and you have that rule where once they are out, they are out. Which comes up most often with Gold being as their is only supposed to be 30 gold at the table. DE you have unlimited. But these are minor discrepancies.

In exchange for those you get all the promotional stuff including the really expensive and rare promo cards. You get Danse Macabre and the basic Alternate Ending cards. You get translated and vastly improved Mephestio magazine characters which you never had the miniature for. The very popular older edition characters are also going to make an appearance (Pirate, Ninja, etc.). Minatures already painted too. And while this may not appeal to some, I like that you can have everyone playing the same character. Try a game of four Merchants for a laugh.

The game launched with a bit of a rocky start and you still need to find friends on steam (They have a thread for Talisman friends on the forum) but the game stability is now 100% and you can save online games and go back to them.

In the many patches DE has received, Ive been surprised with the developer's ability to patch/fix and even change the interface to allow the effects of certain rules and cards to come into play.

Ive put a lot of faith into the development team at this point so I'm really curious to see some of the calls they make on certain rules like:

Minotaur + Riding Horse. - This one has caused plenty of argument at the table.

Alchemist + City.

All the wonky rules that can clash with alternate endings.

Terrain cards being placed on the Warlock Cave.

And what they will do with the Shapeshifter when it comes out, as it's such a bizarre and hard to translate character, I bet they rewrite it from the ground up. So far their versions of the Mephisto 12 have been the best versions I've seen.

And if anything buy the DE just so you can kick someone's butt with the Genie :)

I agree the 5th, 6th players is important to the game wonder if they are going to add it up after some of the other board sets?

Oh the Hydra spell... Whats up with that? its super weird when you cast it "No I didn't want too AGhhhhhh"!!, I don't think gold is a major prob until we hit the city..

Yeah, they need to introduce only one character choice per game.. Or even make it a game option to not have it.

As for the rest:

Minotaur + Riding Horse: Don't understand the prob?

Alchemist + City: Limit gold play by rules should not be a prob?

All the wonky rules that can clash with alternate endings: HA well yes some need a update for sure given the newer sets.

Terrain cards being placed on the Warlock Cave: Again don't understand the prob its all in the rules.

And what they will do with the Shapeshifter: Prob not going to bring him out.. Or if they do rewrite his rules.

I really don't see how they could add two more players. There just isn't enough room for them.

An interface redesign can fit the other 2 characters by simplifying what is already on the active screen and moving all of that information to the character information screen, or just adding what they already have and putting it on the left and right side of the board screen. As it is, i'm curious how the additional boards will be added.

Then you have all the required space for the extra decks and discard piles once fishing cards come around like gravedigger. (though i suppose they wont need visible piles for discard piles, just for the program to remember the discard order)

Minotaur: What is the ruling? He gets one die or two added to his attack when moving with the Riding Horse?

Alchemist + City: The gold limit helps but does not solve the overall issue: Hopefully the Alchemist can visit a store once, and not alchemize in between shopping or after scrolls, etc hit the discard pile. Even with all of the above, it's still a bit of a mess. I dont expect it to be changed in DE and it's quite a while away, so maybe we ill get whatever FAQ we're expecting to get by then.

Alternate Endings: I think this will take development quite bit of time each expansion and a lot of house calls. Works for me, like i've said, so far the calls they've made have been good ones.

Terrain card on Warlock Cave: What is the ruling on this when you have a warlock quest? Ditch the Quest Card? Or stuck with the Quest until the Cave is fixed? Have you used Path of Destiny on some poor guy who's about to start his move to the crown? It's bad enough ;)

I agree, changing the interface can make more players available.

I think the game play for the DE Talisman will sky rocket when board expansions are available! I probably will be interested in playing a lot more!

Minotaur: What is the ruling? He gets one die or two added to his attack when moving with the Riding Horse?

No. A die is one and dice is more than one. Just like the Reaper and the Riding Horse.

Alchemist + City: The gold limit helps but does not solve the overall issue: Hopefully the Alchemist can visit a store once, and not alchemize in between shopping or after scrolls, etc hit the discard pile. Even with all of the above, it's still a bit of a mess. I dont expect it to be changed in DE and it's quite a while away, so maybe we ill get whatever FAQ we're expecting to get by then.

Er... You can't alchemize in between shopping anyway its doing a effect inside a effect which unless allowed "counter spell" in the rules you cannot do. See if you can use the "Alchemist" follower between buying objects from the blacksmith (or any-other sort of market) in the DE as far as I know you can't the game does not give you the option you buy... then its the end of buying until you land there again.

Whats with the Alchemist anyway I mean when "The City" come out ok... But its been years? and a lot of topics have been about it? he's really not that sicko' just a obvious power play. I say make players pick characters then add the expansions in afterwards at random. There is no rule on what set to play with or when its decided. If a player wants to take the Alchemist for the City then they risk the City not being played.

Alternate Endings: I think this will take development quite bit of time each expansion and a lot of house calls. Works for me, like i've said, so far the calls they've made have been good ones.

Yeah the Endings have caused a few issues and the DE will have to deal with them in their time.

Terrain card on Warlock Cave: What is the ruling on this when you have a warlock quest? Ditch the Quest Card? Or stuck with the Quest until the Cave is fixed? Have you used Path of Destiny on some poor guy who's about to start his move to the crown? It's bad enough ;)

What do you mean "What Happens" its tough :) . Terrain cards change the space not any other effects or other rules just the space if something links to the space... Tough, its not there anymore.. The only way around it is putting a Terrain card on the portal of power thus allowing anyone to enter with or without a quest. Or use up the rest of the Terrain card deck so you can remove the said Terrain card from the Warlocks Cave Or even find some other way in HELLO!.

I don't understand the prob anyway if a player does this then they to risk another player casting Path of Destiny on them stuffing up their chances. Its just another "stab in the back" effect players can do to each other :) . Its Talisman after all :) .

As for the whole 6 players in DE yeah once the other boards come in then it will get interesting.

Thanks for the reply.

As for the Shapeshifter, he's coming. If I had to make a blank estimate right before or right after The Dungeon, Development say it takes them about 3 months to bring out an expansion and the wait between the release and Frostmarch we got 4 Mephestio characters.

They have an order they are being released here.

http://www.talisman-game.com/characterpacks/

I'm hoping they dont do anything to the Black Witch :P

Starts Cursed Woods,

str 3/ craft 3, life 4, fate 3, Gold 1

Roll two dice to move choose which die you want or add them together and move.

When someone casts a spell on you roll a die 1-3 nothing happens 4-6 Spell does nothing to you.

It's a pretty powerful character but not the end of the world.

The shapeshifter is a bit more of a mess (and useless?) so may even need a large overhaul.

Edited by Granville

The Frostmarch is now available for the PC version!

Any news on the iOS version?

Glad its all cleared up :) .

I'm not getting any of the extra character I played with them ages ago and did not like the versions. Plus can't be bothered paying $$$ for a character maybe as a set hmmmm.

The Frostmarch is now available for the PC version!

Any news on the iOS version?

We're submitting Frostmarch to Apple next week, so it will probably be available the week after that as they usually take a week for submissions.

Plus can't be bothered paying $$$ for a character maybe as a set hmmmm.

If you are on the fence, Talisman Digital is now reduced as part of the Steam Summer Sale!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/247000/

The Season Pass is currently 43% off!

I would gladly buy the Season Pass if only it were available for iOS!

Thanks Jon but I'm tighter with my money than the leprechaun that just drew fools gold! Eg not cheap enough :) .

Even tho I haven't been to impressed with the DE, I couldn't resist and bought 2 characters on sale and the Runestone deck. I passed on Frostmarch it wasn't on sale.

When is it coming out for Android?

Next month.

Steam is currently having a Summer sale on Talisman DE along with all currently released expansions.(Forstmarch and Reaper)

I got the whole package for 13$. It's nice.

I don't really have time to break out the physical copy along with all the extra footage, especially now that I've switched to Relic, but the Digital Edition is a very nice diversion since I can play it anytime.

It's compact and light as an electronic package.

Works great as a filler.