Talisman - Digital Edition

By Nomad_Carl, in Talisman

Hi All,

The digital edition of Talisman will be released towards the end of the year, and I'm currently looking for Beta testers to help us with the QA process. The Beta testing is open to anyone with an iOS or Android device, or a PC.

As you guys are all fans of the game, I'd love you to get involved!

If you're interested then please click this link and follow the instructions -

http://www.talisman-game.com/newspost/beta-testing/

PC owners, if you have a Steam account then PLEASE vote for Talisman in Greenlight here -

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=97489182

Thanks for your time!

Carl @ Nomad Games

Got the email last week and I've already applied to enter the Beta (PC). I'm quite eager to get involved, I've never been a Beta tester before.

Thanks BatHead.

You're quite welcome, Carl. Just remember that sense of gratitude when you're going over the Beta applications and you see me there. LOL ;)

Edited by BatHead

Hehe! I certainly will. The selection process is completely* random.

*mostly

I would love to be a beta tester but i cant call up the link to registar to do it. If someone can email me or give me the info that would be great.

[email protected]

Thanks!

I've mailed the link to you, please check your inbox.

Thanks,

Carl

Very excited for the Digital Edition, Carl! Talisman is still my favorite board game. Through middle and high school, my friends and I logged hundreds of hours through dozens of playthroughs and still laugh about specific moments of dramatic reversal and horrible misfortune.

I bought 4th Edition from Black Industries as soon as it was released, but it wasn't until this summer when I discovered Prologue for my Android phone that I HAD to get FFG's edition. In the past two months, my 5-year old daughter has fallen in love with the digital game--we usually play twice daily, once during little brother's nap and again before bedtime books--and I have picked up all but the Dragons expansion for the Revised 4th Edition.

At any rate, thanks for the excellent single-player experience, and very much interested in helping you test the Digital Edition as it gets in shape for release.

I love hearing feedback like this! Many people have written to me to tell me that they play Prologue with their kids and I love that. There aren't many video games that parents can play with their kids nowadays, so it's great that people feel they can get their children to join in the experience.

Digital Edition will be even better for that!

Nomad_Carl,

Do you know when the beta testing will start. I have registered for the PC version.

Regards

WombatMan

The beta testing is likely to start around the middle of September. Today is the last day for applications, then I've got to wade through them all to pick who will be doing it and then arrange builds and communication systems for reporting bugs.

It's very likely that the first build that will be tested will be local play only and not have any online play in it. That will come later. The AI is working quite well at the moment though. Yesterday I was beaten by a Troll :(

Yesterday I was beaten by a Troll :(

It's nothing to worry about. Troll is very strong in Strength, and majority of enemies are also strength-oriented, so he's most likely to win most of games, unless he's playing against a very skilled player that has a bit of luck with dice rolls. Since the core game has rather weak Spells, except the "Random" Spell (and rolling "1") the spellcasters don't really have anything to cast against him to weaken him. So, nothing to worry about ;) .

True, but being beaten by your own AI is a bit embarrassing :P

I brought it on myself because I sniggered at him wandering around the middle region without a Talisman, yet I had one. He then landed on my space, beat me up and took my Talisman and then won the game with it.

We're not taking any more applications for the beta testing so the link does not work now .Thanks to all who applied, those of you chosen for the test will hear from me soon!

I'm sorry I missed the deadline, but very happy to hear you plan to have the game out later this year! Like others here, my son and I both have Prologue (and 4th Ed), and have lots of fun with it. Looking forward to getting the whole enchilada!

Talisman has passed Greenlight! Thanks to everyone who voted for it, it means a lot to us.

I hope to see you all online for a game soon!

You will for sure!

Ell.

It's also quite cool that you can set Talisman Prologue to launch via Steam too...

tp_steam.jpg

I'll make the "grid view" image shown here available on the site if there is any interest.

...and Talisman Digital Edition appears on Steam to be unlocked on the 15th of October!

tde_soon.jpg

I am starting a Facebook community for Talisman Digital Edition players to get together and arrange games. Using the convenience of Facebook should make life a little easier and more sociable than a in game browser. I don't know how it will work in the game yet obviously, but I thought it might be a good idea to get a page rolling in anticipation of the early release of the game on the 15th October which is not far off!

Don from Nomad Games, who I emailed, likes the idea so if you would like to "Like" the page and use it to meet people and play Talisman across the world then head over to the page below...

https://www.facebook.com/talismangamingcommunity

dfb

I'm a little confused. The game being available on Steam means it's PC-only, yeah?

Edited by I. J. Thompson

It means that the PC version via Steam will be the first version to be released. Android and iOS releases will follow, much in the same way as they did with Talisman Prologue.

burns-excellent.gif

AND...

...the game has been launched on Steam!

tde_tp_steam.jpg

So, go launch your Steam Client and get playing!!