Talisman - Digital Edition

By Nomad_Carl, in Talisman

According to the Thief's character card, he can steal ANY object from the Purchase deck, even if the item is unavailable to buy.

Another issue I had was trying to cast Immobility on the Sentinel at the start of a battle, but I could only queue the spell and could not cast it until the next player's turn, where I could cast it on any character or creature on the board. I cast the spell on the Sentinel, but when it got to my turn, the spell's effect wore off.

Right, but is the mule an object?

Also, how do you take a follower from a character you land on with the sorceress? I could not figure it out.

Looks like I misquoted here.

His character cards says that ge can take ONE CARD of his choice for free.

The Sorceress has an ability to beguile followers from any characters she encounters.

You need to select Encounter Character, then choose Beguile rather than Battle.

Edited by The Hunter

Note that "beguile" and "take follower" are separate abilities. Beguile gives you a 1/6-1/2 chance of taking an object depending on the alignment of your target. Take follower simply swipes a follower like the thief swipes an object. Relevant options will show up when you encounter a character.

The thief can take any card from the purchase deck, mules included.

When I land on a character with the sorceress, I have two options: encounter space or encounter character. If I encounter character, it gives me three options: attack in battle, attack in psychic combat, or beguile. I could not for the life of me find a way to take a follower....

Possibly the characters only followers were among those the Sorceress could not take? There are a few she is not allowed to take as per her character card. Also, nobody can take non-follower cards that a character has turned into a follower, such as the Minstrel charming animals or the Ghoul raising defeated enemies.

Well finally finished a 2-player game online. I played the Warrior, the other player who was new to the game (played the board game once several years ago), played the Minstrel. Everything was fine until the Minstrel was unable to go beyond the Portal of Power. No matter what they rolled even if they landed on it and then rolled the game wouldn't allow them access to the inner plain. I was able to do it no problem.

Only thing I could think of was the other played had a warlock quest (defeat another player) but never completed it. But did get a Talisman another way. Thought the bug could be caused because of this. Any thoughts? Anyone else run into something similar?

Overall fun and hey I won, but the other player had no chance once we realized the bug.

You should check out the following thread where they discuss unfinished quests because of terrain changes:

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/100694-terrain-cards-warlock-quests/

To be honest our group never seen or played this rule and I will be bringing it up. Because it should be played and getting quests isn't a trifle thing any more.

But, yeah, as I understand it, you can have a million Talismans, but if you have an unfinished quest you are not allowed in. But because I am new to this rule I am not any authority on it.

Well finally finished a 2-player game online. I played the Warrior, the other player who was new to the game (played the board game once several years ago), played the Minstrel. Everything was fine until the Minstrel was unable to go beyond the Portal of Power. No matter what they rolled even if they landed on it and then rolled the game wouldn't allow them access to the inner plain. I was able to do it no problem.

Only thing I could think of was the other played had a warlock quest (defeat another player) but never completed it. But did get a Talisman another way. Thought the bug could be caused because of this. Any thoughts? Anyone else run into something similar?

Overall fun and hey I won, but the other player had no chance once we realized the bug.

If you have a Warlock Quest, you can't open the Portal until you complete the quest.

Once completed, you can then be able to open the Portal.

I did some experimenting with the sorceress - and found she can take followers - but not from the ghoul (even technically legal ones). Then I played with the ghoul, and noticed that you cant use your followers in battle during defense. You could only use a “raised” follower when you attack someone in battle. This is a similar issue with the Mercenary follower in DE. Perhaps the glitch I encountered with the sorceress has something to do with the way the ghoul is coded in the game.

Another thing that came up was that when the ghoul faced the doppelganger enemy, it remained on the space even after it was defeated. This happened twice in the same game.

I did some experimenting with the sorceress - and found she can take followers - but not from the ghoul (even technically legal ones). Then I played with the ghoul, and noticed that you cant use your followers in battle during defense. You could only use a “raised” follower when you attack someone in battle. This is a similar issue with the Mercenary follower in DE. Perhaps the glitch I encountered with the sorceress has something to do with the way the ghoul is coded in the game.

Another thing that came up was that when the ghoul faced the doppelganger enemy, it remained on the space even after it was defeated. This happened twice in the same game.

The problem with using the Ghoul's followers is a bug which will be fixed soon. You can still use them, even when defending, by double-clicking the follower card from the play area at the bottom of the screen. It's just single-clicking them and then choosing 'use follower' which isn't working.

I'm struggling to repeat the other issues though, Sorceress taking followers and doppelganger staying on the board when playing as the Ghoul. They may be fixed already, but I'll keep trying.

Thanks Carl!

If you have a Warlock Quest, you can't open the Portal until you complete the quest.

Once completed, you can then be able to open the Portal.

Thanks, it's a good to know thing.

On another note for Talisman iOS for the iPad. Looks like it's not allowing re-rolls if you lose in battle. Happened in a PVP Dwarf vs. Sorceress, and then the Sorceress vs. the Ogre. Had plenty of Fate left.

I have been having trouble with the "Concealed pouch". It seems like you can only conceal something immediately after receiving the pouch... Is there a way to move different items to it as the game goes on? I cant figure it out. It has been disappointingly useless in the games I have gotten it.

"Use" the pouch to change the concealed item

Pouch works good now too because it allows you to pouch, when you pick the item up, so you dont hve to drop something if you're about to go over 4 items.

If I select the pouch, I can see a "use item" icon. When I select that, it acts as if I have selected the dismiss or cancel icon. In other words, all the items go away and nothing happens. Ive tried at the start, middle and end of my turn.

Try double-clicking the glowing blue card on the bottom box.

I never single-click cards for using them. I only open the main inventory window and single-click cards to ditch them.

A lot of problems people describe are from trying to single-click cards from the main inventory menu.

Maybe that way of doing it is bugged.

So I'm not sure if you've tried that, but double-click the glowing blue card on the bottom.

I've never use items any other way.

I've experienced 2 issues so far:

1. AI casted the Healing spell on himself although one of the players was already at the Crown of Command space, and the rule 'No More Lives' was in play. That was kind of pointless 'cause he couldn't gain any lives.

2. I gained the Unbeliever Achievement although I used Fate couple times during the game. However few games before that, I didn't use Fate at all and I didn't earn that Achievement.

Double clicking the card from bottom box works. Thanks!

Two things I would like in the game: A "Undo" for 1 turn. Sometimes the icons are too close for my big thumbs or I go to look at a card on a space and accidentally move there, etc... It would be supper helpful if there was an undo that brought you back to the beginning of your turn (In solo games)

Another thing would be the option to give up. Sometimes you are clearly not going to win and it can be excruciatingly long to wait for the AI to bumble their way to victory.

Seems weird that you can "shatter" something inside of the concealed pouch...

The Frostmarch is now available for the PC version!

The Frostmarch is now available for the PC version!

Yup, and can't wait for the Dungeon to appear :)

EDIT Please delete. Error post.

Edited by Quartzquiz