Talisman - Digital Edition

By Nomad_Carl, in Talisman

Today is official release day! Exorcist and Runestone DLC are also available today.

Warlock quest bug. So a friend of mine and I were playing and we got into a situation where we were essentially in an infinite loop. I was the wizard on the crown of command and my friend was playing the dwarf. He had the runesword and alot of strength and craft but because he had the warlock quest for taking 1 life from another player, he was locked out of the inner ring with no way to hurt my wizard. I was hurting him with the command spell but he kept regenerating by killing enemies. Perhaps the rule that one cannot enter the inner region while on a warlock quest should be voided once there are only 2 players left in the game?

Just wanted to resurect this thread and give a bit of a shout out to the developers. I was not aware that this game was out, downloaded the base game last night and enjoyed the heck out of it. Enough that I went for the season pass to support the developers as well as get the additional content. Really fun. I played local only and I think ran into one bug where I cast a spell and I don't think it worked, otherwise play was very solid. AI was pretty tough and most all AI decissions were pretty good. Maybe two bone-head moves but maybe not. Once AI saved me from losing a life but may have needed to cycle a spell too...dunno.

Regardless; I would say a very solid and fun game. It felt alot like the board game and I honestly had alot of fun. There was that tense feeling of "one more turn". Well done, I am really looking forward to more content. Anyone have any idea on the release of the next expansion for the DE?

I'm thinking about trying out an online multiplayer tonight. If you guys have not checked out the DE version yet, you should!

Edited by pirateclem

Yeah I won a copy recently, but haven't had a chance to play it yet...I like video games, I like Talisman, just haven't been too inspired to jump in yet.

The next expansion should be either Frostmarch or Blood Moon, I think.

I just checked the Nomad Games website. It says The Frostmarch is the next expansion to be released. All it says is expansion pack COMING SOON. Last time I checked with them, sometime in March this year, they said The Frostmarch is scheduled for release in April / May this year. So it is expected to be released in the next month or so. They also said that each expansion should be released about 3 to 4 months after the last expansion.

Thanks for your kind words! It's much appreciated.

The next expansion is Frostmarch and we're hoping to release it towards the end of May.

Carl

Just wanted to resurect this thread and give a bit of a shout out to the developers. I was not aware that this game was out, downloaded the base game last night and enjoyed the heck out of it. Enough that I went for the season pass to support the developers as well as get the additional content. Really fun. I played local only and I think ran into one bug where I cast a spell and I don't think it worked, otherwise play was very solid. AI was pretty tough and most all AI decissions were pretty good. Maybe two bone-head moves but maybe not. Once AI saved me from losing a life but may have needed to cycle a spell too...dunno.

Regardless; I would say a very solid and fun game. It felt alot like the board game and I honestly had alot of fun. There was that tense feeling of "one more turn". Well done, I am really looking forward to more content. Anyone have any idea on the release of the next expansion for the DE?

I'm thinking about trying out an online multiplayer tonight. If you guys have not checked out the DE version yet, you should!

Thank you for making this. I got the DE shortly after it came out and got the multiple game pack to distro to friends on steam. It is an excellent translation of the board game and loads of fun. I've gotten in more Talisman because of the DE and it's allowed me to explore a lot of different characters. I've got all the expansion in the dead tree & plastic version and will continue to do so because of the the DE.

AI is OK and prologue is fun in it's own right. The biggest challenge though is that I have yet to complete a multi-player game because it crashes. Very frustrating after investing so much time in it with my online friends.

That being said, I'm sticking with it and going with the season pass. Why?

1. I because every time we played the experience got better and our games though ending abruptly, got longer.

2. The games so far is superb and I have full faith that the bugs will be fixed - sooner than later.

3. I am determined to win the Crown of Command in multi-player!

Edited by TheMetal1

Yeah, if it wasn't for the unfortunate instability of the online multiplayer game, this game would be great! Hopefully, the online multiplayer game gets it's stability issues sorted out soon, before too many players lose interest over everbreaking games...

We are working on the online stability right now, thanks for your patience so far.

We've been concurrently working on the iPad version which has highlighted some online issues which exist in the PC version too, so we hope to release an update soon with some improvements.

Great news! Every update makes the game better and better!

Pardon me if this is a silly question Nomad_Carl , but is an iPhone version in the works, like with Prologue, or is the full game just too big for an iPhone? I've never had much interest in the iPad - but if it meant I could get more Talisman games in, well...

I would buy the IPad or Android versions, but for me phone screens are generally too small to play Talisman DE!

Pardon me if this is a silly question Nomad_Carl , but is an iPhone version in the works, like with Prologue, or is the full game just too big for an iPhone? I've never had much interest in the iPad - but if it meant I could get more Talisman games in, well...

It's not a silly question at all!

We are planning on doing a version for phones, but there's a lot of text on-screen so we need to find an elegant way to present everything. At the moment, the game does work on phones but it's not very playable due to the small text size. Once we've fixed that problem then we will release it. It will be a couple of months I think.

Carl

It's not a silly question at all!

We are planning on doing a version for phones, but there's a lot of text on-screen so we need to find an elegant way to present everything. At the moment, the game does work on phones but it's not very playable due to the small text size. Once we've fixed that problem then we will release it. It will be a couple of months I think.

Carl

Wow! I didn't think it would even be happening, and here you're telling me it's just a matter of months.

Carry on with yo' bad self! I'll be ready to buy when the time comes. :)

[EDIT: Also, I don't know what's up with my funky text in this post...]

Edited by I. J. Thompson

I understand exactly why it's not there (spells) but it was a little disappointing that async gaming wasn't supported.

Hello Carl ,

I was wondering if you have plans to bring Talisman DE to other formats as well such as ps4 etc ..

I would love DE on PS3

Hello Carl ,

I was wondering if you have plans to bring Talisman DE to other formats as well such as ps4 etc .

Android is up next. There are no current plans for a console version, but that doesn't mean it won't happen eventually!

The digital edition is a really good product...I'm proud of the Nomad team :)

Hello Carl ,

I was wondering if you have plans to bring Talisman DE to other formats as well such as ps4 etc .

Android is up next. There are no current plans for a console version, but that doesn't mean it won't happen eventually!

Thanks . The game seems amazing ! Can't wait to get my hands on it . Keep up the good work

P.S

Is it going to find it's way to blackberry playbook as well ?

Hello Carl ,

Thanks . The game seems amazing ! Can't wait to get my hands on it . Keep up the good work

P.S

Is it going to find it's way to blackberry playbook as well ?

Blackberry Playbook is very unlikely. We released Prologue for that platform and it didn't sell very well.

If this game was released for OSX or PS3/4 I'd probably play every other night. :)

Bought the iPad version.

Noticed it is more faithful to the rules than Prologue.

But noticed a couple of things that contradict what has been discussed at the forum (but will stick by those rules as the DE is made by Games Workshop):

The Priest can destroy the Spirit at the Crags, but not sure if he could get a spell as I had my full complement at the time.

At the Vampire's Tower, I had the Poltergeist but could not discard it instead of losing a life. I did have about five other followers at the time though.

Just one bug at the Village.

If visiting the blacksmith, then you change you mind and wish to visit the mystic instead, tapping on the mystic sends you back to the blacksmith.

If an AI opponent tries this, it loops about half a dozen times until the AI decides to acquire and object.

But, a very good game that would be useful for beginners before they take on the actual board game.

Got DE for for Idap. After about a dozen games, I have found the overall experience to be good... A few things I noticed, not sure if they are rules that I have wrong but...

Apparently you can only use the Mercenary for offense... I have been unable to pay him to help when being attacked.

Apparently you can steal a mule as the thief when at village or market. In the 'real' game, we have always thought the thief can only take Objects from the purchase deck.

AI. The AI is pretty good, but I have noticed some weird loops they get in, such as the elf going back and forth between forest spaces that have items the AI apparently doesn't want - leaving them there over and over again.

I also have encountered a few bugs where the game freezes, or seems to get bogged down during more complex card interactions. The solution has been to back out of the program and force close, then to restart the app and resume game.

My only other criticism is the grind at the end - It seems like it takes sooo long to either be killed by the crown or to kill all the players.