Any SE Michigan games?

By Johdo, in X-Wing Organized Play

Who all is thinking about showing up this Thursday? I know a lot of folks are headed down to GenCon and won't be there. I don't want to bother showing up if no one else is going to be there.

I'll be there right at 6pm, but I can only play one game. Do you want to play rebels or Imperials?

Have fun! If i can get in on some X-Wing at the Con, i'll be sure to grab some photos.

More importantly, if i can get a hold of some Wave 3 (if it's there), then i'll def show that off too.

Wish me luck!

As an aside, I just heard about this and wanted to let everyone know about it (even though I won't be able to attend):

Season two 2013: Star Wars: X-Wing Miniature Tournament @ GOB Retail
Saturday, 17th August 2013 @ 1PM
$5 entry, 5-16 players. Open to Sign up Today
- Each player gets a black squadion Pilot Unique Card
- Top Player gets the X-Wing League Pedal
- Top 2 Player get Wedge Antilles Pilot Card
If more than 6 players, Store credit will assign to (up to) the top 3 players.
Come Play X-Wing Miniature Game and Bring your Friends !

Dang it... I was planning on being productive on Saturday. Oh well, guess I'll just have to have some fun instead. Hmm... I think I want to play rebels... though I could always try a 8 TIE swarm now that I have that many =P

OK, I will bring an Imperial squad then Thursday (since it sounds like you are leaning toward Rebels) I just don't want to have to bring all of my stuff.

BTW, I have played an 8 TIE squad and, seriously, you only want to do it once...it gets to be a grind having to move all of those ships. :)

Edited by FriendFive

thought you guys would be interested in this...

GOB Retail is happy to announce that it will be running a series of events this summer based on some of the most popular Fantasy Flight games . The first two of these events will be Star Wars : X-Wing and Android: Netrunner. Come join us and bring your friends ! Each event is open to reserve your spot today. Please stop by the store to sign up. Details each event are below.

---------------------------------------------------------

Read tournament Rules, visit
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/x-wing/support/faq/X-Wing-Tournament-Rules.pdf

Edited by RockSoldier

sorry, didn't see the previous message about that.

I'm sure you have already heard, but Wave 3 at Gen Con. Did a ticket-style of purchase. Much improved over last year.

Hope to have pics of the ships soon...

Yeah Johdo, somebody posted the specifics of the maneuver dials at the BGG forums. Looking forward to your photos.

Nice game last night Khyros. We should play those builds again sometime.

Did they say when wave 3 would ship to regular retailers?

I may be able to make it to RIW this coming week. What time do folks usually wrap up?

I'll head out to that deal tomorrow, not sure yet what squad to fly though. Do tournament rules forbid chatting with people before registering which one you want to pick?

Not at all Penguin. What are you thinking so I can build something that won't be vulnerable to it?

Toggle, we're there from 6-11 most Thursdays. Yesterday we wrapped up early though. Hardly anyone was there due to Gencon.

I don't know, what are you thinking about? I guess I'll show up with one Rebel and one Imp squad and see which one I feel like flying. If I use the Imp it'll involve some Tie Fighters, and the Rebels will have at least one X-wing. :)

As an aside, I just heard about this and wanted to let everyone know about it (even though I won't be able to attend):

So, ended up being a rather small showing of only 5 people, two of which had never played 100 point squads before. It wasn't well organized - I showed up 20min early and the guy was like "oh great, can you tell me how to set the game up?" He didn't have any 3x3 mats, so we ended up playing on a 4x4 area, made up of two 2x4 sheets of foam. It made the first two turns reallll boring, and the asteroids really spread out. And he basically took our $5 bucks and left us to figure it out for ourselves, so I basically became the TO. Whatever. Good practice for when I run it up at RIW.

I ended up winning all three matches, two with out losing a ship, one where I only had a rookie (full health though) left. The acrylic shields are nice, but I think they did a better job with the acrylic focii. And as others have pointed out, the Wedge/BSP cards have a completely different texture, but sleeves fix that right up!

Penguin, did you end up showing up? I forget to ask there if anyone was Penguin.

FriendFive - Johdo -

Do either of you have an extra damage card? I went through my deck today and found I was missing one card, but I have two sleeved cards from someone else's deck. You should know it's my card because I have the oversided sleeves on my deck.

Alrighty... I've narrowed down the choices for days to either Sept 17, 18, 24, 25. If I don't see any strong preference from anyone here, I'm going to go ahead and start making arrangements for Sept 17th. Final call to influence my date selection.

I'm Joe, the guy you obliterated in the last match! :) And thanks for taking care of the scoring and stuff since it was my first time too. Oh, and we think that little black die was yours, so I've got it since I'm probably going to RIW on Thursday.

Edited by PenguinBonaparte

I take it you ended up winning that final match and coming in 2nd?

Yep, my last two ties made it out alive and then Kath got 3 hits through on Luke with his shields down. I tried to explain how it went with the movement blocking and how to get around it in future, so hopefully it wasn't me just getting too competitive and wanting to get some anti-Falcon experience in. Always feel a little sad when Howlrunner dies though. She only survived 1/4 matches.

FriendFive - Johdo -

Do either of you have an extra damage card? I went through my deck today and found I was missing one card, but I have two sleeved cards from someone else's deck. You should know it's my card because I have the oversided sleeves on my deck.

Nope sorry. I would definitely know if I had it because a sleeved card wouldn't ft into my tuckboxes.

FriendFive - Johdo -

I'll take a look and let ya know.

Hey, I set up a FB group for Michigan pilots if people want to join. I know the group for Netrunner has really helped the community in this area (such that 6 of the top 32 were from SE Michigan), and I'd like to coordinate regular gatherings, tourneys, tourney announcements, and so forth, so let me know if you'd like to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/628108733880477/

Glad I looked around this form before posting my own topic. I went to GenCon for the first time this past weekend and spent more money then I should have on X-Wing before I realized I had no one to play it with.

Are you guys planing another play time sometime soon? I live in Novi so almost anywhere in the metro area is within reasonable driving distance, especially on the weekends.