Any SE Michigan games?

By Johdo, in X-Wing Organized Play

I would like to join you guys on June 9

I'm gonna try to make it on the 9th as well.

Where is the game being held at?

Johdo said:

June 9th @ 3pm. The place is called Pop's. Here is the Facebook page. Their number and address can be found there.

https://www.facebook.com/popgaming/page_map

Count me in as well. I will put up a message on the Pop Facebook page about it too.

ViperLSS said:

Johdo said:

June 9th @ 3pm. The place is called Pop's. Here is the Facebook page. Their number and address can be found there.

https://www.facebook.com/popgaming/page_map

Ahh ok, i see it now. Whew…that's a decent drive from the house. Should be able to make it though. Something changes i'll post it.

Hey guys, I'm starkskettle's buddy. I'd like to join you guys sometime as well but am not available on the 9th. I will keep an eye out for the next time you guys get together and hopefully I can join.

this is great. looks like we have the start of a group and possible leage here :)

Whaler8 said:

Hey guys, I'm starkskettle's buddy. I'd like to join you guys sometime as well but am not available on the 9th. I will keep an eye out for the next time you guys get together and hopefully I can join.

Right now we are gonig to have them every other week. So if you can't make the June 9th game the next one will be on June 16th. Same time.

ViperLSS said:

Whaler8 said:

Right now we are gonig to have them every other week. So if you can't make the June 9th game the next one will be on June 16th. Same time.

Wouldn't every other week make it the 23rd…or will every other week begin on the 16th?

16th would be out anyway. Father's Day and all.

I will see what I can do about the 9th. I just got my Plano case so my fleet is now mobile. :)

Indeed Fathers Day would be out for me as well. But June 23rd would likely work out well for me though.

Johdo said:

ViperLSS said:

Whaler8 said:

Wouldn't every other week make it the 23rd…or will every other week begin on the 16th?

Fine FINE! I did the math wrong. June 23rd it is then. I'm going to have to work to get free that day. It's the wife's birthday. I;m sure I can pull it off.

ViperLSS said:

Johdo said:

ViperLSS said:

Whaler8 said:

Fine FINE! I did the math wrong. June 23rd it is then. I'm going to have to work to get free that day. It's the wife's birthday. I;m sure I can pull it off.

Lol, no worries. Just wanted to make sure we all on the same page.

I’m not going to make it on June 9. I map quest Pops and it is 2:45 one-way for a total of 5:30 total driving. If you guys move farther west (Lansing or Ann Arbor) one week let me know and I will join up with you.

yea, thats a long way. Look for a thread on here about people looking for others in western Michigan. I know there was one, but can't remember if it was for X-Wing or the LCG.

just got my Slave 1 in the mail today :D

I was just looking at their FB page to get directions and stuff, and i noticed that the place opened June 9th 2012.

Our first meet will be June 9th 2013. Does anyone know if they are doing some kind of a 1 year anniversary thing that may hinder the gaming area for us?

Johdo said:

I was just looking at their FB page to get directions and stuff, and i noticed that the place opened June 9th 2012.

Our first meet will be June 9th 2013. Does anyone know if they are doing some kind of a 1 year anniversary thing that may hinder the gaming area for us?

Sorry I have not been on here much. I just bought a "new" motorcycle this past week.

I just called Pops and there is no poblem with us going there. There will be a table for us to use. So I'll see you there at 3pm. I'll be the guy on the white motorcycle wearing the Viper logo leather vest.

Sorry I couldnt make it today. This is the last week of the semester for me and means finishing 2 big papers. I should be there next time, and I have a Falcon in the mail with my name on it :)

No worries, i'm sure there will be more good times to be had by all.

I had a great time, and thanks to Viper and the other guy who doesn't have an account (yet). Any day i get to play X-Wing is a good day.

I'll try to get a few pics up. If we were smarter we would have taken pics as the matches were going on, but instead we got one last "stand-off" pic.

Here's what i ran:

Darth Vader /w Swarm Tactics and Cluster Missle

Turr Phennir /w Marksmanship

Academy Pilot

Academy Pilot

Academy Pilot

Looking forward to the next game.

Also, we were able to determine that they are playing X-Wing on Thursday nights at RIW in Livonia. So that is another alternative location if you can't make the drive to Pops!

sweet, looking forward to the pictures

We have a League nite at Cool City Games in Port Huron on Thursday nights. We had played for about 12 weeks and than took a break for the month of May. Will be starting again on the 13 th . We also did one tournament in April….6 players showed up but we have at least a dozen people playing on and off. Will be having another Tournament near the end of the month or the beginning of July……I haven't had a chance to put up a notice yet. Will also be having a Wave 3 tournament when its released. I'll have to check my calender and see if I can swing down and check out your next gaming day.

Did anyone by chance make it to RIW Thursday night? I had plans to attend, but unlimited OT is hard to pass up.

When is the next one @ Pops!

I couldn't make it. that is kind of a hike for me.

Is the next game at Pops this Sunday? I am trying to pull that together with the family.