Any SE Michigan games?

By Johdo, in X-Wing Organized Play

Current South-East Michigan Game locations (as of 5-15-2015):

( all start times are 6pm, unless otherwise stated )

• Monday:
    • Gamers Sanctuary - 4290 Miller Rd, Flint Township, MI 48502
  • Tuesday:
    • Gamer's Gauntlet - 20564 Hall Rd, Charter Township of Clinton, MI 48038
    • Pandemonium - 6033 Middlebelt Rd, Garden City, MI 48135
    • Get Your Game On - 310 S. State St, Ann Arbor MI 48104 734-786-3746
  • Wednesday:
  • Thursday:
    • RIW Hobbies - 29116 5 Mile Rd, Livonia, MI 48154
    • Cool City Games - 720 Huron Ave, Port Huron, MI 48060
  • Friday:
    • Eternal Games - 26051 Hoover Rd, Warren, MI 48089 (586) MTG-GAME [684-4263] (6:30 PM)
    • Flat Land Games - 28990 S Wixom Rd, Wixom, MI 48393
  • Saturday:
    • Fun 4 All Comics and Games - 3773 Carpenter Rd, Ypsilanti, MI 48197 (2 PM)
  • Sunday
    • Warriors 3 Comics & Games - 35613 W Michigan Ave, Wayne, MI 48184 (2 PM)
      • 2nd Sunday of each Month

Miscellaneous Locations with no official day...

• GOB - 28736 John R Road (South of 12 mile), Madison Heights, MI 48071 248-430-4980
Edited by Johdo

I am in Sterling Heights and have been wonding the same thing since the game came out. I still havn't actually played a game because I can't find anyone to play with.

It would appear you and I share a common problem.

There are some hobby shops around me, but none of them have gaming space or there wasn't enough interest shown in the game. Maybe we just need to start showing up and playing and then maybe it'll create interest?

what city are you in?

I live downriver, but I work in Southfield.

There are a couple of stores by me. Pop! is kind of small but is mostly gaming tables. but they seem to focus on magic and warhammer. another place is Gamers Gauntlet. that place is huge with tons of tables, but they are almost entirely magic and the people there can be kind of standoffish if your not an expert at magic. the last is Guild of Blades (G.O.B.). it is very small with only like 1 or tables. they are nice there and just started putting both X-Wing and the LCG on their calander, but its so small I don't know how many people show up.

Hey guys,

I am also in the Sterling Heights area and would love to get a game or two going. A friend of mine and I have recently adopted the game and have been asssembling our fleets (and ticking off our wives in the process). Please keep me in the loop if you have anything planned.

have you played anywhere or just at home?

do you play at a store or at home?

RockSoldier said:

There are a couple of stores by me. Pop! is kind of small but is mostly gaming tables. but they seem to focus on magic and warhammer. another place is Gamers Gauntlet. that place is huge with tons of tables, but they are almost entirely magic and the people there can be kind of standoffish if your not an expert at magic. the last is Guild of Blades (G.O.B.). it is very small with only like 1 or tables. they are nice there and just started putting both X-Wing and the LCG on their calander, but its so small I don't know how many people show up.

I like playing M:TG, but magic try hards annoy me senseless. I try to avoid them at all costs.

I am not familiar with shops by work, but closer to home is Pandemonium. They sell x-wing, but no official "night" for it. They want one. Ordered the season kit, but won't commit an evening…*shrug*

I'm just playing at home and have not played in any stores at all. Really just starting to get my feet wet on this one. In fact, my next purchase probably has to be a portable storage solution.

Starkskettle said:

I'm just playing at home and have not played in any stores at all. Really just starting to get my feet wet on this one. In fact, my next purchase probably has to be a portable storage solution.

dont feel bad, I'm in the same boat…except for the storage part.

Thanks for the link. I will definitely add this to my list of possible purchases. About how much to do you guys have right now? I pretty much have one of everything except the X-Wing expansion, TIE expansion, and Slave 1. My buddy has one of everything plus some doubles. Neither of us are serious tournament players but we can put up a ruckus.

RockSoldier said:

same here. Ive been following it since before it came out, but have never actually played (yet). for storage, I have a Plano case ( http://www.planostoragesolutions.com/products/110-14-double-cover-storage-box-with-lockjaw-latches.aspx ) and everything fits in it really well, but I havnet gotten the Falcon or Slave 1 yet so dont know if those will fit.

That plano box seems to be the one to get. I have something similiar but from Stanley. It does the job, except there is no place for the movement markers… :(

I have a Motorpool, but need foam as all the foam i did have has been used for other mini's or is just WAY too big to be feasable.

Anyone having any luck on games? Given where we are located, is there a decent centralized location to meet up and just play?

Lets all just get together on May 26th at Pop! Caffeine, Comics and Gaming. Say at 2pm? It's easy to find. Here is a Facebook link.

https://www.facebook.com/popgaming/page_map

I have the starter, two tie fighters, Slave I, and The Falcon. I have just read the rules once. So lets do this people.

I'm in! lets start a playing and hopefully others will see how cool it is and join us. btw, is anyone else no able to use the 'enter' key when writing these messages? for some reason the enter wont work. just started a few days ago.

I'm in for games, but the 26th is no good for me so ill have to make another one. Wife has plans for us seeing its holiday weekend. :(

Yep, can't do Saturday. You all should put up some pics though.

Alright, which one of you raided the stash at the 14 and Ryan 7-11?

Starkskettle said:

Alright, which one of you raided the stash at the 14 and Ryan 7-11?

Depends…what was in the stash that we raided?

the 26th is actually Sunday. But unfortunitely my father was taken to the hospital yesterday and is ICU with blood clots, so I have no idea if I will be free or not on Sunday, so don't count on me. ****, am I ever going to play this game! lol I really hope we can start a group to play on at least a somewhat regular basis. does anyone play (or want to play) the Star Wars LCG too? Im in the same boat for that too (looking for people to play with).

Well people I will be there today at 2pm. Look for the the guy in the black Viper shirt.

Viper and I were there and played a game. There were a number of people who stopped to look at the game and said they were either thinking about playing or know other people who were playing and said they would tell them about us. we were thinking of starting a bi-weekly gaming night(day).

RockSoldier said:

Viper and I were there and played a game. There were a number of people who stopped to look at the game and said they were either thinking about playing or know other people who were playing and said they would tell them about us. we were thinking of starting a bi-weekly gaming night(day).

We just played with the ships from a single core set. No damage or upgrade cards. Just to keep it simple. So the next day is set for June 9th. We will start out with a bi-weekly time until we get enough people comming that want to go more offten.