Any SE Michigan games?

By Johdo, in X-Wing Organized Play

Sorry I couldn't make it, taking care of my parents right now and couldn't leave. How did it go?

Sorry to hear about your parents; hope they are OK. But to answer your question, It went great. Johdo, and ViperLSS showed up (and another guy who only lurks on these boards; you know who you are) and I brought 4 other players with me so we had three games played. I might post some pix but my camera phone is only 1.3 mega pixels so the photos will be cruddy.

That's great to hear. I really hope I can make it one of these times! :)

Agreed, had a great time. So great to see the numbers growing with more meets. I hope your newcomers friendfive had fun as well, and will continue to play.

Thanks all for some x-wing fun, and sorry for bailing on that last game. We'll have to make sure the super game is the first game...lol.

Here was my list...

Krassis Trelix /w Heavy Laser Cannon, Gunner, Seismic Charge

Howlrunner

Backstabber

Dark Curse

The super game was 3 on 3 with each person fielding 55 pts. worth of ships (165pts a side).

Here was my contribution...

Soontir Fel /w PTL

Turr Phennir

Edited by Johdo

Agreed, had a great time. So great to see the numbers growing with more meets. I hope your newcomers friendfive had fun as well, and will continue to play.

Thanks all for some x-wing fun, and sorry for bailing on that last game. We'll have to make sure the super game is the first game...lol.

Thanks Johdo. Yeah we all had fun. No problem about that last game. I really don't think that last X-wing had a chance against the remaining TIEs. And yes, next time we should start out with the super game.

Here are some poor quality photos of the game we played today...

This is after round one before all the shooting began...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpr6j3l4oh2qcsn/P07-14-13_17.01.jpg

Here's a different view...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ed1tt7rqqe5m46c/P07-14-13_17.01%5B2%5D.jpg

Now it starts to get interesting...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqb1uk4y9sqft5y/P07-14-13_17.09.jpg

Somebody with a better camera shoulda taken some pix, but oh well. :P

When is the next get together? I have another 1-2 people who want to watch to see if they want to get into the game.

I guess it can be whenever people are available. I have a lot going on between now and the end of August, so I don't want to commit just yet and not be able to attend. If time opens up for me, you can definitely count me in.

Only sure date I know I can't make would be the weekend of August 18th. I'll be in Indy for GenCon. :)

Edited by Johdo

It appears i may have some free time this Thursday evening. i believe RIW in Livonia hosts StarWars on Thursdays so i may pop in there and get some X-Wing on.

Not sure, but my buddy and I might pop in there after work. If so, then we'll see you there.

OK, I will definitely be there. My buddy is still a maybe. Johdo, do you want to play Rebels or Imperials? What time were you planning on being there?

I'm good with either side. I usually play as empire, but am not opposed to playing as Rebels. I brought enough to make 2 squads of either.

I should be able to arrive around 6, provided i get out of work on time. If not, 6:15-6:30 by the absolute latest. I don't work far from the store, so that works in my favor. :)

See ya then!

Cool. I think I feel like playing Rebels tonight, so that's cool. I'll be there around 6pm. See you then!

Had fun at RIW last night. Lost one, won one. And I managed to buy the last TIE Interceptor in the store! Good night, but now my wife is a little mad at me. :unsure: I love your new play mat Johdo--shoulda taken photos of our games.

Indeed, had a great time. I got lucky on the wife front myself, as she was asleep when i got home. :D

Thanks on the mat. I debated getting it for a while, and when my buddy threw me some money i wasn't expecting, i pulled the trigger.

I'll have to set myself a reminder to make more pics. Definitely next time!

I won't be able to make RIW tomorrow night, but it appears I should be good for the following week...which I believe is the 8th.

Pop! Is still unknown as I've been trying to grab some OT.

Alright... I've finally decided to make an account here after reading the forums for several months and attending several of these events. Heck, I might even finally post a few pictures from our battles up at Pops.

Anyways, I'm talking with the folks over at RIW hobbies about setting up another tournament (they hosted a regionals back in May), with the Season 2 stuff as the prizes. I'm thinking probably mid-late Sept to give us a few weeks to organize details and a few weeks to get the word out so that everyone can come.

So since I know you guys will want to participate, I thought I'd get your opinion on any dates that are good / bad for ya'll.

Thoughts?

No promises that I can make it, but any Sunday in September except for the last one (29th) would be my best shot at going.

I'd definitely go and weekends are generally pretty good. As I said in the Ann Arbor thread I'd also be up for random games. Looks like there's one store, Get Your Game On where you can just drop in, and there are open game times at Vault of Midnight on Sundays from 2pm and on Thursday evenings. Anyone interested in this coming Sunday or some other day?

Any time this coming weekend at Get Your Game On would also be good.

Edited by PenguinBonaparte

No weekend is good for me really, however if i know about it ahead of time then i can make arrangements to be there...especially for a tournament kind of thing.

For regular meetings, season or league kinds of things, week day evenings are best.

Johdo, want to have a match or two Friday night, or any following weekday evening that works for you?

Well, I'll be up at RIW on Thursday night if you wanna stop in. After that, I don't know. Next week I'm at GenCon, so at very least it would be week after that.

I'm always around the forums though, so not difficult to get in touch if needed.

FYI - I'm still out in AZ so I'm not going to be at RIW this Thursday.

I'm moving on Thursday so can't make it, but will try in future.

I'm moving on Thursday so can't make it, but will try in future.

Sounds good.

Toggle and I are going to play tomorrow at UM Angell Hall at around 2PM in case anyone's interested. Just let me know!