Please post technical issues here

By ffgMark, in Descent Quest Vault Open Beta

This is a really usefull tool, thank you for making this !

Missing stuff from the Quest Vault :

- Old Walls (blue rectangle, x3) from Mists of Bilehall

- Crumbling terrain tokens (x12) from Mists of Bilehall

- Lieutenant tokens from Mists of Bilehall (x3 : Ardus, Kyndrithul, Zarihell)

- All components from The Chains that Rust expansion

Hope to see it updated, and happy new year. ;)

vault site will not load today.

Opening quests is extremely slow since the unification of FFG, DoW and Asmodee.

On 12/31/2016 at 11:03 AM, Xinael said:

This is a really usefull tool, thank you for making this !

Missing stuff from the Quest Vault :

- Old Walls (blue rectangle, x3) from Mists of Bilehall

- Crumbling terrain tokens (x12) from Mists of Bilehall

- Lieutenant tokens from Mists of Bilehall (x3 : Ardus, Kyndrithul, Zarihell)

- All components from The Chains that Rust expansion

Hope to see it updated, and happy new year. ;)

Visited the QV today and saw that none of the above mentioned assets have been added yet. Hope you plan to have it updated soon.

Since Today, with Firefox, I am unable to edit my quest.

Each time firefox crashes

Is there anybody still a FFG's Staff member sill working on this thing ?

Does anybody has the same trouble as me ?

Edited by rugal

I haven't tried editing a quest since Friday, I'll give it a shot later today. Have you by chance tried with other browsers?

As far as I am aware, I believe the quest vault is still an active tool. I hope it is updated soon, I've been waiting to build a new campaign.

Edited by Zaltyre

I've got a quest that won't load the map, there's an error with one of the objects in the developer console. Sent an email support request in a little over a week ago... no response yet...

On 8/9/2017 at 9:04 AM, Zaltyre said:

I've got a quest that won't load the map, there's an error with one of the objects in the developer console. Sent an email support request in a little over a week ago... no response yet...

Shameless bump. Now it's been a bit over two weeks with no support.

I tried to edit a quest, 1 day and a half ago, but after I hit Publish, it doesn't update the quest on the Quest Vault. If I try to edit it again, all the modifications I did are saved, but still not published.

On 08/17/2017 at 8:09 AM, Zaltyre said:

Shameless bump. Now it's been a bit over two weeks with no support.

Another week, another empty inbox.

Edited by Zaltyre
On 8/25/2017 at 6:38 AM, Gil88 said:

I tried to edit a quest, 1 day and a half ago, but after I hit Publish, it doesn't update the quest on the Quest Vault. If I try to edit it again, all the modifications I did are saved, but still not published.

Does it ever flash the message "quest successfully published" at the top of the screen. Wait a while for it (up to 30 seconds).

Edited by Zaltyre
On 08/25/2017 at 8:58 AM, Zaltyre said:

Another week, another empty inbox.

Still no support. Now it's September.

On 9/3/2017 at 7:45 AM, Zaltyre said:

Still no support. Now it's September.

It has been 63 days since I submitted a support request, with still no response. I'm willing to say there's no one home, how about you?

I agree. I don't think anyone at FFG is spending any time on D2e anymore. Can't get the Quest Vault updated, can't get the FAQ updated, well past Gencon with no annoucements what-so-ever.

Even those who have answered questions in the past submitted via FFG's rules link have taken more than 6 months to answer my questions, if they have been answered at all.

Very disappointing.

Edited by any2cards

I forwarded my original (July 30) request that I had sent to questvault support to ANA main customer support. We'll see if they say anything helpful.

On 9/10/2017 at 7:51 PM, Zaltyre said:

I forwarded my original (July 30) request that I had sent to questvault support to ANA main customer support. We'll see if they say anything helpful.

They said nothing helpful. ANA support asserted it was the first communication they had for my complaint and were forwarding to the appropriate parties. That was Sept 11, it's now Oct 2. No word from Quest Vault support or ANA since then. This is beyond discouraging.

The Vault ate some of my quest text, tried to shorten it, but still it does not work out properly. Why can I only set up 2 pages of pdf?
PDF generation should not be that troublesome!

All in all it is quite a good tool.

Yours

On 10/2/2017 at 10:41 AM, Zaltyre said:

They said nothing helpful. ANA support asserted it was the first communication they had for my complaint and were forwarding to the appropriate parties. That was Sept 11, it's now Oct 2. No word from Quest Vault support or ANA since then. This is beyond discouraging.

I've been having back and forth emails with ANA general customer support, assuring me that my emails are being forwarded to quest vault support. However, at this point I still have had no contact whatsoever from quest vault support, or even received a support ticket from them. For the record, it's now been a grand total of 98 days, a laughable amount of time.

I personally feel that it has become quite clear that save for some digital development, FFG no longer cares about the physical product of D2e, nor do they care about the Quest Vault.

They haven't even bothered to update their own FAQ in nearly 2 years.

Right now, if the name of the game does not begin with "Star Wars ...", there is no support, time invested, etc. I laugh when I read over on the X-Wing forum that players are pissed that it has been 1 MONTH waiting for an FAQ update.

Edited by any2cards
On 25.10.2017 at 9:56 PM, any2cards said:

Right now, if the name of the game does not begin with "Star Wars ...", there is no support, time invested, etc. I laugh when I read over on the X-Wing forum that players are pissed that it has been 1 MONTH waiting for an FAQ update.

Yeah. I'm also annoyed that they push solely their Star Wars theme and seem to abandon Terrinoth. I fear for the worst for Runewars as well. I accept that there are already a lot of expansions for Descent and one has (as a company) to work on other projects. Still, they should keep doing minimal support for their products. It is us who bought this game and would happily buy Descent 3rd edition.

Only problem is that in their mind, Descent 3rd edition is called AI.

Seems to be neglected from sometime around/before Chains Of Rust- this and the Hero and monster packs' new monsters never made it into the editor- hence at least five missing monsters (crow hags, dark minotaurs, the dispossessed, marrow priests and shambling colossuses), some missing map tiles etc, kind of breaks the whole thing as you either have to leave them out or fudge things by substitution. A bit like a keyboard with missing letters, a phone without all the numbers or, well you get the gist, it's rather frustrating that I've purchased kit I can't use in the editor as it's something of an unfinished tool with so much potential for questbuilding.

More worryingly though it doesn't seem to be letting me add sets in the set selection- can add in editor but not in the main selection of sets used at the moment, so won't let you use the non-core items UPDATE- solved this at least, just need to zoom out til you get the +/- .

The Quest Vault editor tool was advertised with the Manor of Ravens rule book- don't know if this is still the case - and as with the app surely drives sales and it's still being used, so it seems unwise not to keep it supported- if I was running FFG I'd plug it in a similar way with any reprints of all the games as building customer loyalty= building customer buy in.

Still a useful tool for what does work, just a shame they can't/won't update/fix it.

On 9/3/2017 at 12:41 PM, Zaltyre said:

Does it ever flash the message "quest successfully published" at the top of the screen. Wait a while for it (up to 30 seconds).

If it doesn't it may have failed (it stalls sometimes) - a good tip is to screenshot your stuff before trying to save or publish, then if you have to retrace some steps you at least have a reference point for what's missing/different.

For saving it's something like 'quest successfully saved to the server', if it loses bits it sometimes wakes up and finds them again if you switch in and out of preview a few times, so if you can get back to the recent version you can then try resaving it. However if you close the browser window and reload the vault if there's such a glitch you may end up with an earlier version.

Naturally if you're seeing the wrong version try getting the right one back before trying to save or giving up and leaving the site in case it's still hiding somewhere.

I've not had too much hassle with this, the fact it's sometimes still lurking may mean it has an autosave even- which could clash with your save attempt, or something else on your pc active/updating could be stalling it and clashing- happens with most things of a file saving nature that sometimes the saves mess up.

Serious bump.

As far as I can tell, the above problems seem to be related to the API requests made to tools.fantasyflightgames.com/api/v1 .
Trying to save any changes fails, as the PUT requests report a 403 Forbidden error (at least for me). So, clicking the "Preview" button will not auto-save as expected (neither "Publishing" a quest).

Taking a wild guess here, but because of the merge with the Asmodee accounts, this is an authorization issue (be it cookies set, database values or something else). So it affects only older accounts.
To test my assumption, I tried creating a new account and indeed saving changes works on that account.

They should really attend to this issue, as it may affect other parts of their platform...

Seconded. Saving has been odd for me lately.

Sometimes my "edit" version will be different than my preview or download version, even though the last thing I did was publish.

Edited by Zaltyre