Please post technical issues here

By ffgMark, in Descent Quest Vault Open Beta

I don't know if FFG works on quest vault anymore, judging by the comments, but recently I decided to try it out. However, I can't seem to add any expansions when I create a quest or when I try to go to settings. Is there a button on the bottom of the screen that lets you add the expansion? I can't tell because when I use the scroll bar it only effects the screen behind the stetting menu, and even if I click on full screen mode I still can't see the bottom of the menu.

Also, come on FFG don't give up on the quest vault, it really is such a cool idea! I know you have good coders and programmers because your Road to Legend app is great.

On 4/1/2018 at 2:50 AM, LordZethan said:

I don't know if FFG works on quest vault anymore, judging by the comments, but recently I decided to try it out. However, I can't seem to add any expansions when I create a quest or when I try to go to settings. Is there a button on the bottom of the screen that lets you add the expansion? I can't tell because when I use the scroll bar it only effects the screen behind the stetting menu, and even if I click on full screen mode I still can't see the bottom of the menu.

Also, come on FFG don't give up on the quest vault, it really is such a cool idea! I know you have good coders and programmers because your Road to Legend app is great.

Judging by the longstanding issues that I've had for months and have found folks talking about on these forums for the better part of a year, I don't think FFG gives a crap about Quest Vault or the people trying to use such an incredible concept.

In my experience, though, FireFox does't let me add the expansion packs to a new map creation (when naming and giving a description for it) but Chrome does. Haven't tried IE.

On 2/27/2018 at 3:32 PM, Zaltyre said:

Seconded. Saving has been odd for me lately.

Sometimes my "edit" version will be different than my preview or download version, even though the last thing I did was publish.

I've got a half dozen quests where the published and downloadable versions are full and look fine (minus a typo here or there) but when editing it to correct an issue, it's wiped any or all of the text and/or map tiles. It's sad that I've spent about $800 on this product and expansions, only to have the #1 tool for replayability abandoned without a word. You'd think the entire D2E QV team died in the same bus accident and no one knows how to open the support application or something..... I'm with you, this is beyond discouraging. I'm not sure I'll ever buy another FFG product because of this. Especially when they have JUST (relatively) released an expansion and a RTL campaign... so they haven't abandoned the game as far as new customers, only abandoned support for existing ones.... very sad and the poorest of customer service...

On 2/27/2018 at 12:56 PM, Brutalien said:

Serious bump.

As far as I can tell, the above problems seem to be related to the API requests made to tools.fantasyflightgames.com/api/v1 .
Trying to save any changes fails, as the PUT requests report a 403 Forbidden error (at least for me). So, clicking the "Preview" button will not auto-save as expected (neither "Publishing" a quest).

Taking a wild guess here, but because of the merge with the Asmodee accounts, this is an authorization issue (be it cookies set, database values or something else). So it affects only older accounts.
To test my assumption, I tried creating a new account and indeed saving changes works on that account.

They should really attend to this issue, as it may affect other parts of their platform...

Welp, it's May now, and the issue persists.

34 minutes ago, Zaltyre said:

Welp, it's May now, and the issue persists.

I do not expect it that it will be resolved. Unless something has some business value, there wouldn't be any effort / manpower put into maintaining it. Probably the fact that the Quest Vault (still called *beta*) is still up, is enough for Fantasy Flight.
For what it's worth, I had noticed some pattern in the problem's behavior. It seems that older quests/encounters are facing the problem, but not the newly created ones.
So, if you encounter the problem, *probably* the best solution is to remake your quest and alter the problematic one, as there is no option to delete it...

I had mailed Asmodee technical customer service back in March 2nd.
There seemed to be a response and my request got a ticket - but I have not heard of them since.
Thus, I do not expect that it will be fixed any time soon (or at all).

Edited by Brutalien

The video for the quest vault does not work on the quest vault, and the fantasy flight website.

Please try and fix.

Thanks!

Edited by Fantastic Fox

Also you should add the box they have for flavour text in the real quests.

Maybe you could fix this by writing a command so that whenever they use Italics it is automatically put into one of those boxes,

Thanks!

Edited by Fantastic Fox

I know it's a lost cause, but just coming in here to join the chorus of people who are having the editing/autosave issue. It's really killed my will to continue making my campaign because fine-tuning things becomes a tiring time investment of flipping through 3-4 different tabs on my browser while copy-pasting/reformatting text block after text block.

I'm starting to get a sour taste in my mouth for FFG. The product abandonment is getting ridiculous. The vault was supposed to be in beta for a few weeks, and it's been like 5 years and it's still in beta. Now, I realize that probably more people used it to make quests than they did to actually PLAY other people's quests (seeing as most of the top rated quests were just ones that were made right after the vault was launched), but now that community content is what is pushing this game along..it would be great to have a working vault.

THE VAULT. IS DEAD. I still use it though.

On 9/4/2019 at 6:15 PM, eljolly said:

THE VAULT. IS DEAD. I still use it though.

I still do too. Really often by the way

Edited by rugal