Please post technical issues here

By ffgMark, in Descent Quest Vault Open Beta

I have just longer in and can no longer get to the miscellaneous objects in the builder ie the doors etc i have updated flash etc and tried it on both crome and firefox

double post sorry

Using Chrome on Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon

- In the Miscellaneous section, only the 2x2 indoor/outdoor converter tiles are showing up (with a count of 2). I see little ovals with counts for other components, but nothing shows up and I can't drag them to the map. I'm guessing these are supposed to be doors, red X's, etc.

- When I shift-click multiple tiles, and then try to drag them all, it drags the whole map instead.

Using Firefox 19.0.2 on Windows 7 Professional SP1

1. Drag tile to the map
  2. Right click on that tile and choose "Add info"
  3. Right click on that tile and choose "Remove info"
  4. Double click anywhere on the map to add text box
  5. Right click on that tile and choose "Add info"
  6. Click anywhere on the map to add second text box
  7. Right click on that tile and choose "Delete"

As the result of deleting the tile second info text box will be also deleted, but first one will stay and you will get movable, editable but undeletable info text box connected to the point where tile was.

There seems to be an issue with adding villager token information. Once the token text is edited and saved the icon to represent the token on the map is a dungeon tile and not a villager token.

When I doulble-click on the Text "Double-click to edit" nothing happens: I am unable to add text to the map (and unable to remove the "Double-click to edit" from the map…

I am using Chrome browser (Windows 7 environement).

+ Preview does not work (there is a message that there is no content - even though I save the quest and that there is some flavour text and a full map).

BTW, how do we know when technical problems have been adressed - except by trying to edit a quest again (which I do)?

Still doesn't work… enfadado

I recieved quasi-immediate answer to the email where I explained the problem (thank you Francesco) : it seems that Chrome's last version is in cause… cafe

Going to install Firefox

I have a trouble on the MAP tab, and the Text feature:

If i place a text on the map i have a "Double Click to edit" text… but i clicked that text 1, 2, 50 times and i don't see anything happening. avergonzado_triste
I can move that text but i really can't get anything else. Maybe a right click option "Edit Text" could be useful.

Just an advice: send them an email directly. They answer much faster than over here.

Forbidden (403)

CSRF verification failed. Request aborted.

More information is available with DEBUG=True.

this is the log in problem it appears a lot of people are having … no post to resolve ? ? ?

No I.E. support? I hope this is being added.

Bearhug78 said:

No I.E. support? I hope this is being added.

I'm getting my copy of Descent tomorrow, and I've been fiddling around witht he quest editor. I've found two problems:

1) There seems to be no way to delete a quest.

2) Often times when I zoom in or out, I'll be unable to select map tiles, and instead it will just drag the entire map as though I clicked on an empty area. This bug seems to persist until I refresh and clear my cache.

I just got the latest expansion. Looks great BTW.

BUT - that said - any ETA on the new pieces being added into the quest maker? I'd like to use some of the new tiles! Thanks!

today, i'm unable to uses it

Error publishing... i want to print it kinda useless if you can't use it.

I'm using (or want to use) the Quest Vault under Windows 7 in Firefox. Whenever I place a map Tile, Firefox asks me whether I really want to leave the site. If I click "no", nothing happens, no map tile placed. If I click "yes" it says no connection to server 49.

???

I'm getting my copy of Descent tomorrow, and I've been fiddling around witht he quest editor. I've found two problems:

1) There seems to be no way to delete a quest.

2) Often times when I zoom in or out, I'll be unable to select map tiles, and instead it will just drag the entire map as though I clicked on an empty area. This bug seems to persist until I refresh and clear my cache.

I'm having the same issues. The first isn't a technical issue (just a missing feature,) however I'm frequently unable to move a map piece once I've placed it. Instead, the entire map moves when I try to move the piece. This seems to be regardless of map size, and persists after a log in/out (even on a different machine.) I'm using Chrome in both cases. This also happened with a piece of text. Since there's no way to delete a quest that has a map piece "stuck" in it, I've just been starting new ones when this happens.

I have a quest that will not publish. I have tried to publish it on different days and I have made numerous attempts. The same error message always appears when I try to exit the quest.

Thanks

I’ve had two technical issues with the Quest builder.

The first was in the map mode I wasn’t able to edit text on the map. No amount of double clicking would allow me to edit the text. I am running Safari on a Macbook, and wondered if it could be because I’m using the trackpad instead of a mouse.

The second is when I try to edit my published quest, it won’t bring up the quest information to edit. It appears to just freeze.

Hi,

For a few days everything works fine. And now I can't open my quest.

I click on edit, the next site ist loading and thats it.

Hi everyone,

I've seen a bug concerning quest liking.

If you are on the home page and you click on a quest in top rated or recently added you are redirected to the page " http://tools.fantasyflightgames.com/descent/home/Quest_Number/ "

ex : http://tools.fantasyflightgames.com/descent/home/47/ for The King of All Goblins, there, it is possible to like.

But, if you browse it and you click on the quest, you're send to " http://tools.fantasyflightgames.com/descent/search/#search-results " or " http://tools.fantasyflightgames.com/descent/search/ ", here you can't like the quest, to like you have to click on the "link to share to share this quest" which is http://tools.fantasyflightgames.com/descent/home/Quest_Number/ (home link) and then you can like.

I report this bug for Safari (7.0), chrome ( 31.0.1650.63) and firefox (23.0.1) on Mac OSX 10.9.

api