Please post technical issues here

By ffgMark, in Descent Quest Vault Open Beta

Hello,

I want to report an issue about Shadow of Nerekhall been incompletely uploaded (or not been uploading correctly for me).

The expansion comes with two tiles 61A/B, while the Quest Vault only shows 1.

I don’t know if it’s a technical issues but I wonder if this could be fix so I can keep going with the creation of a quest.

Thank you.

PS. still waiting for Mist of Bilehall.

Thanks for pointing this out. I hadn't noticed until now.

When i go to make a map, i can only select the core set and nothing in the right column pops up when i go to make my map.

When i go to make a map, i can only select the core set and nothing in the right column pops up when i go to make my map.

Expand then menu on the right hand side (below the indoor, outdoor, tokens, and misc) and make sure that the checkboxes for the expansions are checked. Even if you have added them to the quest settings, the boxes can become unchecked.

I am having the same issue as Greyeye. The buttons to add different descent expansions do not show up and thus I cannot add different tiles to my maps.

I am having the same issue as Greyeye. The buttons to add different descent expansions do not show up and thus I cannot add different tiles to my maps.

His issue ended up being related to page zoom. Try changing the zoom and see if that reveals the buttons.

A couple of issues:

1. Link to the video overview is broken - tested in IE & Chrome.
  2. In chrome I'm unable to add a note to a "X". You get the black marker line appear and can drag it around but are unable to click-finish it's end point, all works fine in IE.

When will we be able to delete quests; I would have thought if it wasn't published you should be able to do this? Also, any chance we could have some videos around good design practise, especially weighting the number of opposing forces against the heroes.

Regarding deletion, yes, I had hoped to see that by now, too.

Regarding the tutorial, I recommend 2 things:

1) Read over officially made quests for examples of fairly good balance

2) Playtest! Far and away the best way to know how your quest plays IS TO PLAY IT.

Using Firefox requires a massive amount of attempt to load the maps for edit. Must continually press back and edit button until the lucky time comes when the content is loaded.

Wow, I haven't checked the quest vault in years. It's ridiculous that they still haven't implemented a way to remove quests/encounters!

I'm having the same problems - cant add expansions as there is no '+' symbol next to their name.

Edited by LiquidLogic

I'm having the same problems - cant add expansions as there is no '+' symbol next to their name.

Have you tried adjusting your page zoom? That did it for the last person who had this problem.

When I try to enter the quest vault I end up back in the forums page. I navigate to the tools page, enter my username and password and it sends me right back where I started. It's a never ending loop. I am using the current version of Chrome. Any direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

When I try to enter the quest vault I end up back in the forums page. I navigate to the tools page, enter my username and password and it sends me right back where I started. It's a never ending loop. I am using the current version of Chrome. Any direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I am getting the same thing.

raltera and Jbart09,

Based on the relative newness of your accounts, it may be a problem with your account activation. I'd recommend sending an email to the support staff ([email protected]) and I'm confident they can solve your issue.

Hello!

Is it possible to support russian text in Quest Vault?

I wrote to [email protected] but have no answer.

I don't know about language support in the Vault. You're probably going to have to wait for an official response from the support team you emailed. I've known them to generally be very helpful/responsive.

Hey guys,

i think the amount of map tiles with the numbers 64 and 61 are wrong. There should be 2 of both instead of 1 (at least there were 2 of each piece in my game)

Taru

Hey guys,

i think the amount of map tiles with the numbers 64 and 61 are wrong. There should be 2 of both instead of 1 (at least there were 2 of each piece in my game)

Taru

Yeah... I reported tile 61 while ago ... I didn't realized 64 was also incomplete... Anyway, it still hasn't been fixed.

I hope they fix this when they upload Chains.

Edited by Volkren

Does anybody know how long it usually takes until a new expansion is uploaded to the vault?

Does anybody know how long it usually takes until a new expansion is uploaded to the vault?

It can be a number of weeks. I'm not surprised that Chains isn't there yet (though I am a bit surprised that some other features haven't shown up).

Another month and there's no Chains... :(

Just when I was planning on doing a Campaign featuring the Undead Theme -_-

I'm waiting for it, too. Chains has some tiles that are quite unique in terms of size/attachments. It opens up a lot of new map configurations.

how do i enter

how do i enter

You can go to the product page of Descent , there you can see a bar saying: Products | Trailer | Road to Legend | Support | Quest Vault | Community.

Click in Quest Vault to enter. OR, click here if you want to go rigth the way.

Once inside, you need to log in with the same account you use for this forum.

In case you have an issue or problem,you can also send an email to the support team: [email protected]

I hope I helped :D