Where are you from? (A chance to make connections in your area.)

By El_Tonio, in Star Wars: The Card Game

Charlottesville, VA

We have a group of boardgame enthusiasts that are trying to get a good play group running for this (and Netrunner LCG) at the moment.

Colorado springs, Colorado. I am the first I know of I the area. PM me if you are in The area!

Where do you play at??!!

Loomis2459 said:

Charlottesville, VA

We have a group of boardgame enthusiasts that are trying to get a good play group running for this (and Netrunner LCG) at the moment.

We have a group in Cville too! Where do you play???

I live in NYC in the Bronx, I would love to hook up with anyone in the city to play SW The card game LCG and SW X-Wing Miniatire game.

Nate

I live in NYC in the Bronx, I would love to hook up with anyone in the city to play SW The card game LCG and SW X-Wing Miniatire game.

Nate

Jayden said:

Nate

Check out www.meetup.com/thrones - our AGoT playgroup meets every Thursday in Midtown Manhattan, and a number of us are starting to play SWLCG now at the weekly meetups as well!

Providence, Rhode Island, anyone?

Plagueis_the_Wise said:

calaedw said:

I'm in Seattle too (U district though I frequently go to Card Kingdom) and am interested in picking this up.

I'm familiar with card kingdom. Maybe we can meet up there some time and try this thing out. Would be good to build up a local player base if it's a good game. Love SWCCG but not a ton of players. Would be awesome if this game grew as big as magic.

we got another group playing in Seattle area. There is a greater Seattle thread in the organized play link. We play sw and AOGT so far.

My mommy says that I'm an angel heaven, but my daddy says I was adopted.

Huber Heights, OH (about 25 from Dayton Ohio)

Always looking for people to game with especially now with this new game!

Near Brighton MI, along with a good friend, whom I don't expect to post here.

Also close to Phoenix, NE Mesa specifically. I've had this game for a while and unfortunately haven't gotten a real play out of it!

caedus89 said:

El_Tonio said:

Hello Star Wars: The Card Game fans. I've been focusing so much on the X-Wing game that I just noticed there have been some updates on the card game (which I also plan to get as soon as it comes out). I see some familiar usernames, but also some that I've not seen before. I posted a similar thread on the X-Wing forums and found two people lived in my area (one a little farther away that I hope to get to play with every now and then, and one close enough that I hope to play with regularly). Looks like several other people who responded to that thread made some new connections in their areas, too. So, it looks like some of us live near each other and don't even know it.

I'm from the Phoenix, AZ area. Anyone on here from around Phoenix or AZ that I've not met yet?

If not, where are you from? Maybe this will help you connect with someone in your area.

I am in the Mesa, AZ area. Precisely East Mesa.

Dude! I'm in NE Mesa! Send me a message or something. You too El_Tonio.

San Antonio, TX here.

I know a couple other players also that meet up at Dragon's Lair on Tuesdays. Anyone in the area?

Aurora CO I've really fallen in love with the lcgs that I've played so far (AGoT and SW). I would love to find some people to play with, right now its just my Dad and myself. We're also in to the AGoT 2nd ed board game, Battles of Westeros (and BattleLore for that matter, though the new system puts the old one to shame), and X Wing. Though we're also open to trying new games, the biggest problem is finding people to play with. There's a game store called Crit Castle in Aurora off of Buckley between 6th and Alameda (near Pickens Tech). They opened up back in September I believe, seem to be decent people, but the store is a little sparse at times. Next closest I think is Collectorsmania in Parker and Enchanted Grounds in Highlands Ranch. The problem with all three is that MtG is firmly established as the card game of choice, but maybe we can start the revolution.

Whitefro said:

Aurora CO I've really fallen in love with the lcgs that I've played so far (AGoT and SW). I would love to find some people to play with, right now its just my Dad and myself. We're also in to the AGoT 2nd ed board game, Battles of Westeros (and BattleLore for that matter, though the new system puts the old one to shame), and X Wing. Though we're also open to trying new games, the biggest problem is finding people to play with. There's a game store called Crit Castle in Aurora off of Buckley between 6th and Alameda (near Pickens Tech). They opened up back in September I believe, seem to be decent people, but the store is a little sparse at times. Next closest I think is Collectorsmania in Parker and Enchanted Grounds in Highlands Ranch. The problem with all three is that MtG is firmly established as the card game of choice, but maybe we can start the revolution.

the key should be to coexist, not to overthrow MTG

Whitefro said:

Cool, another CO player. I am in the springs. I have been to the Enchanted Grounds - it is a nice place. Do you ever get as far south as the springs?

Unfortunately, I probably wouldn't be able to make it to the springs very often. Actually have had this same problem with some of the other games we've tried playing: are there people in CO playing? yes. Great! Where are they? CO Springs…*sigh*. Its not too bad of a trip and I hate to complain and then say why don't you come north, but it just is a bit rough to make the trip down there on a regular basis.

I'm not familiar with what all is exactly in Castle Rock, but that would definately be a nice meeting place if there is somewhere in the area (Not quite halfway but I think halfway between Denver and the springs is just rolling hills and highway). Enchanted Grounds would definately be nice, but that's even further for you.

@superradjoe

I suppose, its just hard to coexist when despite there being plenty of great games out there, the gamer portion of the 2.5 million people living in the Denver-metro area seem to be set on a very small selection of games; I like plurality in my life.

So I know of at least one other person in the Denver area that is on the forums. I will engage with enchanted grounds and see if they have something local there going on with SW:LCG. If they do, I will let you know and try to plug the CSprings people in as well. It would be cool to have some sort of central CO monthly tournament. We could even bounce it around from location to location; saving everyone a little from time to time.

MasterJediAdam said:

So I know of at least one other person in the Denver area that is on the forums. I will engage with enchanted grounds and see if they have something local there going on with SW:LCG. If they do, I will let you know and try to plug the CSprings people in as well. It would be cool to have some sort of central CO monthly tournament. We could even bounce it around from location to location; saving everyone a little from time to time.

I love the idea of monthly statewide tournaments at a central location. I think we're going to be seeing a lot of headway in getting Denver/Springs folk together in the near future. We just started a joint venture of sorts going on with some of the Denver folk for Netrunner, where we've got a Yahoo group set up to keep track of Netrunner events state-wide. We'll make some more contacts while we're at GenghisCon in a couple weeks and see if we can maybe set up some events ourselves. The Yahoo group thing is actually pretty nice; joining the group just adds you to an email list, and then whenever myself or someone else sends out an email about an event, everyone in the group receives it. I may just go ahead and start up a Colorado Yahoo group for all LCGs, if there's interest.

CrimsonWraith said:

MasterJediAdam said:

I love the idea of monthly statewide tournaments at a central location. I think we're going to be seeing a lot of headway in getting Denver/Springs folk together in the near future. We just started a joint venture of sorts going on with some of the Denver folk for Netrunner, where we've got a Yahoo group set up to keep track of Netrunner events state-wide. We'll make some more contacts while we're at GenghisCon in a couple weeks and see if we can maybe set up some events ourselves. The Yahoo group thing is actually pretty nice; joining the group just adds you to an email list, and then whenever myself or someone else sends out an email about an event, everyone in the group receives it. I may just go ahead and start up a Colorado Yahoo group for all LCGs, if there's interest.

Wraith

Let's talk more about this on Tuesday. I have done something similar before with SWCCG and found it fairly effective also. There is no sense in duplicating effort.

I am London, England

-- Overland Park, KS --

Greetings!

My wife and I live in San Antonio and if there are any other San Anotnio folks out there playing this game, it would be great to get togheter and play with new folks!

DJ