Reference Sheets

By gribble, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beta

Once again, thank you.

You`re body of work on this forum is amazing….

gribble said:

Aazlain said:

You should add a link to your first post.

I would, except that you can't edit posts on these forums after a few hours…

:(

What about putting the link into your signiture? Would it retroactivly apply to your signiture in earlier posts and other threads?

Just an idea

Cynabar said:

What about putting the link into your signiture? Would it retroactivly apply to your signiture in earlier posts and other threads?

Just an idea

Brilliant

Cynabar said:

Good idea, thanks.

How are you guys putting links in your signatures? The sig box doesn't seem to accept code when I do it.

Venthrac said:

How are you guys putting links in your signatures? The sig box doesn't seem to accept code when I do it.

Doesn't accept code, but you can put in links (using the tool provided in the box to edit your signature).

Gribble,

I just have to echo that these are fantastic resources. My beta test players have grown to LOVE them, and so have I. Having said that, another poster mentioned condensing a new file - a "1 page reference" for players during play - since much of the Reference Sheets are GM-specific (or primarily used by the GM) or very situational things.

You'd asked that poster, "What would you include on a 1-page reference?"

So I asked that question of my players this past week. :) This is what they would like to see on a single sheet:

- The "Building a Dice Pool (p13)" section on pg. 3 of your doc.

- The "Diffculty Dice (p15)" table on pg. 3 of your doc.

- The "Spending Destiny Points (p23)" section on pg. 3 of your doc.

- The "Range Bands (p134)" table and the "Actions in Combat (p129)" section on pg. 5 of your doc.

- And the "Examples of Spending Advantage and Triumph in Combat (p133/156)" table on pg. 19 of your doc.

- We also had some agreement on putting in the "Combat Modifiers (p136) table on pg. 5 of your doc. [shrug] (But that really puts it over 1 pg, I think…

I can only speak for my players, but they felt the rest of the info was situational enough to be a one-off lookup if needed, or should be a part of the GM's on-hand knowledge, not the players'.

Anyway, I hope that gives you something to work with, man! :-)

Again, GREAT WORK!!

GM Chris said:

You'd asked that poster, "What would you include on a 1-page reference?"

Something like this:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9077657/SW-EotE-1page-Reference-Sheet.pdf

Still working on the GM screen… it's proving to be incredibly difficult (at least with my layout skills) to fit everything suggested onto 4 landscape pages… The only way I can probably manage is to take srceen grabs and manipulate as images, but that'll make things incredibly difficult to maintain (even with 7 point font for most of it! For reference, this was what was suggested:

• Maybe one panel for the basic stuff: Dice mechanics, Difficulties, icons, Building a dice pool. spending destiny…
• Got to have one for combat related stuff: Overview, which skill to use for initiative, range bands (modifiers to hit/maneuvers to cross), Combat modifiers, concealment, ongoing effects, healing/repair…
• Another one for spending Advantage/threat
• Last one could be for critical hits and injuries
That's just on top of my head. Might not fit neatly.
Let's fit social skills and their corresponding opposing skills in there. I had trouble remembering which to use at first.

I'll keep playing around and see what I can manage, but don't hold your breath. Happy to receive any suggestions as to how I could fit it all in.

I wanted to chime in how awesome this document is. Thanks for the hard work.

Also wanted to chime in and mention how useful these are. Thank you for the work you put into these.

And… I've made the final update, based on today's week 11 updates (see signature below for link).

I've also updated the talent tree and combat reference (see signature below), and the 1 page reference sheet I created using GM Chris' suggestions (see above).

Enjoy all - will be the last update (barring corrections - I may have missed a few bits an pieces with the volume of today's update) until the final version of the book releases.

:)

Thanks as always for the light-speed update!

gribble said:

And… I've made the final update, based on today's week 11 updates (see signature below for link).

I've also updated the talent tree and combat reference (see signature below), and the 1 page reference sheet I created using GM Chris' suggestions (see above).

Awesomeness. And as always, thanks for not only putting these together but keeping them up-to-date.

I couldn't find it, Gribble, did you ever make a blank talent tree reference page? What program did you use if I might ask?

That Blasted Samophlange said:

I couldn't find it, Gribble, did you ever make a blank talent tree reference page? What program did you use if I might ask?

I'm not sure what that is? I created the talent reference (see signature), plus a character experience tracker (based on one by LD), which has room to record talents purchased. Is that what you mean?

I've been using MS Word to produce.

Thanks for your amazing work on all of these sheets. They are invaluable to our game.

I did find one issue. One the Talent Sheets, the entry for Crippling Blow is missing from the first Bounty Hunter page. Thanks!

Thanks for your amazing work on all of these sheets. They are invaluable to our game.

I did find one issue. One the Talent Sheets, the entry for Crippling Blow is missing from the first Bounty Hunter page. Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback! I've updated the talent trees document to correct.

gribble,

I'm a long time Star Wars RPGer (playing D6 since '87) and I've just picked the Edge of the Empire Beginnners set. I'd just like to say how great your reference sheets are and what a help they are going to be. Many, many thanks.

I am about to pick up the beginners set and will surely pick up the real game when it hits later next year. Your reference sheets are great and I hope you will update them once the core game is out.

In the talent document, could you please specify the type of action used?

Maybe with abbreviations like:

OoT = Out of Turn Inc = Incidental Man = Maneuver Act = Action

The following Talents are ranked, but their descriptions don't have any reference to ranks.

Maybe the descriptions could be changed in this way (or something similar):

Deadly Accuracy: At each rank choose 1 different combat skill. Add ranks in that skill to one hit of a successful attack made using that combat skill with non-starship scale weapons.

Dedication: Each rank gives +1 to a single characteristic (max 6).
Enduring: Each rank gives +1 to soak value.
Force Rating: Each rank gives +1 to Force Rating.
Grit: Each rank gives +1 to strain threshold.
Jury Rigged: At each rank choose 1 weapon, armor, or other item and give it a permanent improvement.
Toughened: Each rank gives +2 to wound threshold.
Well Rounded: At each rank choose any 2 skills. They permanently become class skills.
Thanks for your great work!

Hi gribble.

I've put together a font (open type format) using the Edge of the Empire icons.

If your page layout application lets you add a stroke (border) to a character, you can pretty much recreate every icons from the game. Sure beats inserting little cliparts into the text manually.

Feel free to PM me if you're interested.

EotESymbol-Regular.png

allicons.png

I'll probably upload a new version down the road with better kerning, scaling and character map.

I'd be interested in the font.

Me too please!

Add me to the "Me too" crowd!