Reference Sheets

By gribble, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beta

Based on the good work of TonganJedi and sumqui , I decided to put together a consistent and comprehensive set of reference sheets. They're designed to be printed 2 sided (or I guess two to a page, although the font might get pretty small), and cover character creation (first two sheets), general reference (second two sheets), combat reference - personal and starship/vehicle (third two sheets) and finally the spending advantage/threat/etc examples (a single sheet).

You can download them (as a single PDF) from: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9077657/SW-EotE-Reference-Sheets.pdf

They should include the week 1 updates. Happy to take any suggested corrections and/or additions for things that are missing!

:)

Fantastic stuff Gribble - I'll definitely be making use of these sheets.

My suggestion for what to add would be a list of weapon and armour qualities and a summary of their effects.

Additionally, having page references for the various sections would make looking up details much quicker.

If you wanted to get really crazy, there's always the critical hit tables gran_risa.gif

Delwyn said:

Fantastic stuff Gribble - I'll definitely be making use of these sheets.

My suggestion for what to add would be a list of weapon and armour qualities and a summary of their effects.

Additionally, having page references for the various sections would make looking up details much quicker.

If you wanted to get really crazy, there's always the critical hit tables gran_risa.gif

Thanks for the suggestions… hadn't considered page references, but they make a lot of sense.

The other two (weapons/equipment and weapon qualities as a two pager) and critical hits (personal and starship/vehicle as a two pager) are already next on the list. Probably critical hits first, as it really annoys me that the supplementary tables (locations) weren't put on the same page as the tables, so I can't just photocopy the one page from the book - otherwise I would just do that!

I think you have the Obligation chart on page one backwards. You have the recommended Obligation for a party of two as five per player and increasing from there up to 25 for a party of 6+.

Also should include a note about non-career skills costing an extra 5XP (or whatever the penalty is).

I've printed a set of six using the "booklet printing" option of Adobe. It leaves you with an extra page you could probably put the critical hit table on! The font size is actually pretty good.

I'd suggest as additions the page references and to add the XP cost for non-career skills. Otherwise, really useful stuff!

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

I've incorporated all the feedback thus far (other than page references, which will take a little longer), and added weapons and critical tables in version 2:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9077657/SW-EotE-Reference-Sheets-v2.pdf

Next update will be starship weapons, armor and other equipment, and then I think that's it, unless anyone else has other suggestions! I'm considering a skills and talents summary, although that will be sizable, probably take a lot of work and I'm not sure how useful it'll be…

Dude. That's awesome.

Fantastic stuff - the version 1 sheets helped my group's first game session last night immensely, and the version 2 sheets improve on that

Many, many thanks to you for your work

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

I'm not sure this is needed but if you felt like expanding it I was thinking about making a skills one. Mostly just a quick reference to how to spend threat and advantages. :)

Thanks again.

Sorthlador said:

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

I'm not sure this is needed but if you felt like expanding it I was thinking about making a skills one. Mostly just a quick reference to how to spend threat and advantages. :)

+1 for this but awesome job so far.

I would also like a skills list showing skills and appropriate charateristics as I haven't got that memorised yet.

Nifty! Thank you.

Cool stuff! I like it!

A great set of sheets. I also turned into a booklet format… great ideas on all counts.

Ok, I've uploaded the latest version, at the link above ( https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9077657/SW-EotE-Reference-Sheets.pdf ). Highlights:

• Added page number references.
  • Updated character creation to include information on species special abilities and starships.
  • Added skills.
  • Added armor, other gear and weapon, armor and vehicle upgrades/modifications.
  • Added using the Force.

This will likely be the last update, barring changes due to the weekly updates and/or any errors found. Enjoy!

AWESOME!!!

The only thing I've noticed is that you have a "Blank" spot listed on the Force Dice and the Force Dice doesn't have any "Blank" sides. It's 8 DARK and 8 Light, but aside from that…..it's the perfect reference tool.

Sutter said:

The only thing I've noticed is that you have a "Blank" spot listed on the Force Dice and the Force Dice doesn't have any "Blank" sides.

Good catch! I've updated the sheets with this change, plus healing information and a general tidy up/clarification of some language.

Good stuff. I'd recommend adding a column in the "skills" section that lists the skill(s) used to oppose check, or add it as a bullet point under each skill.

-WJL

LethalDose said:

I'd recommend adding a column in the "skills" section that lists the skill(s) used to oppose check, or add it as a bullet point under each skill.

The third page already has this for social skills - unfortunately it won't fit with the skills… I could add Slealth and Skullduggery, are there any others that are missing?

hi

Excellent job Gribble, with these nuggets of information, I can make a more well-informed decision whether to buy this game or not…oh who am I kidding, take my money already FFG.

Still awesome job, I do see many similarities in game mechanics to WFRP.

ciao

The book says characters can choose from the light freighter, bulk freighter or transport hull types, but you include the Firespray, which is a patrol boat hull type. Am I missing something that allows them to choose that ship?

DailyRich said:

The book says characters can choose from the light freighter, bulk freighter or transport hull types, but you include the Firespray, which is a patrol boat hull type. Am I missing something that allows them to choose that ship?

It's explicitly listed as one of the ships they can choose on page 68.

-WJL

Weird, that kind of contradicts what it says earlier in the character creation overview.

And I've updated again to include some info on opposed skills, all the week 3 updates and some minor corrections/clarifications.

I'll look to align updates with the weekly updates from now on - next week I plan to include some information for weapon mods on the types of weapons to which they can be applied.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9077657/SW-EotE-Reference-Sheets.pdf

Have we lost the table for spending advantages and threats etc in combat? Or am I just going a bit old and blind?