Dust Warfare - Force Builder now available

By Maine, in Dust Warfare

Maine said:

If anyone who gets the book wants to help, I can add the new units fairly easily if you can provide the necessary information.

Or someone could donate a copy ;-)

I'd be glad to help. Will be getting the book as soon as it hits the store shelves.

There's an error with the Shwer Platoon, they can't have the extra radioman upgrade.

Major Mishap said:

There's an error with the Shwer Platoon, they can't have the extra radioman upgrade.

I fixed this with revision 6, about 11 days ago. I don't remove it from the list, but instead flag it as an illegal choice.

A'h, when I emailed it, sorry, as I know they don't have that option I don't click it. Cheers

Are you going to be including SSU platoons?

Late to the party on this one, but this is incredible. Thanks a million.

SuperAxisSanta said:

I think Maine said something earlier about needing someone to funnel the information to him, or provide a copy of the book. Unfortunately, I think it'll have to be the latter, as the Commissars will make all kinds of hiccups for this which will require rules for adding them to squads along with heroes, as well as allowing them to join to identical squads together. I'd buy him one, but I'm paycheck to paycheck right now.

Brilliant work Maine!!

Many Thanks,

Allan

Shadow4ce said:

SuperAxisSanta said:

I think Maine said something earlier about needing someone to funnel the information to him, or provide a copy of the book. Unfortunately, I think it'll have to be the latter, as the Commissars will make all kinds of hiccups for this which will require rules for adding them to squads along with heroes, as well as allowing them to join to identical squads together. I'd buy him one, but I'm paycheck to paycheck right now.

I'm working with Maine to get him the info. I don't want to speak for him but he will be getting the info he needs very soon. He'll get the book he needs. ;)

Hi all!

Yes, I'm waiting to get the book, thanks to a generous contribution from Major Malfunction. Unfortunately, all my gaming funds are tied up in other things (including being funneled to vet bills for my puppy's neck injury), and I'm not doing SSU personally so I can't justify buying the book myself. I get no financial benefit from the Force Builder (quite the opposite; I'll be paying $240 in a couple months to renew my hosting for 2 years; I'd say the Force Builder now accounts for 90% of my traffic!).

Once I get the book, I'll work on doing the updates as quickly as possible.

Regarding joining squads - is that a Deployment option, or a list construction thing? I explicitly don't include anything in the Force Builder that is a decision you make at deployment.

Maine said:

Regarding joining squads - is that a Deployment option, or a list construction thing? I explicitly don't include anything in the Force Builder that is a decision you make at deployment.

It's a Deployment option, as is joining the squad with the Commissar. No need to account for it in the builder.

Major Malfunction said:

Maine said:

It's a Deployment option, as is joining the squad with the Commissar. No need to account for it in the builder.

Yeah, I wasn't thinking that through when I posted that part earlier. They will have to be a choice though in both a command squad role, individual models, and possibly a regular squad choice (I'm in bed typing on my iPad and the book is in my gaming bag in another room), but I'm not sure on the last.

Thanks Maine & Major Malfunction. Maine, once October rolls around, I should be in a position to hook you up with the Hades book. Let me know (had to deal with some major car and appliance repairs the last two months. If I hadn't prepaid my FLGS months ago for my Zverograd book, I wouldn't have had mine either.

Shadow4ce said:

Thanks Maine & Major Malfunction. Maine, once October rolls around, I should be in a position to hook you up with the Hades book. Let me know (had to deal with some major car and appliance repairs the last two months. If I hadn't prepaid my FLGS months ago for my Zverograd book, I wouldn't have had mine either.

No worries… it's not a contest. :)

Maine, the book is in the air. USPS says three days, so you should see it before the end of the week.

I have the book now, and hope to work on adding SSU tonight.

I can't wait! I love your program it makes list building so much easier!

I agree with Denied. Your program is just about perfect, except for how much time I kill at work making lists.

One suggestion, a reset/clear all selections button would be a nice addition. If you have a couple of full platoons and a few heroes, clearing them all to start a new list takes a few too many clicks for my taste. A one click, reset to default would be nice.

ItsUncertainWho said:

I agree with Denied. Your program is just about perfect, except for how much time I kill at work making lists.

One suggestion, a reset/clear all selections button would be a nice addition. If you have a couple of full platoons and a few heroes, clearing them all to start a new list takes a few too many clicks for my taste. A one click, reset to default would be nice.

Just refresh the webpage and that will clear the list. (Just hit F5 if using a windows computer.)

Refresh the screen (F5) = reset.

Also changing faction is an effective reset.

Refresh won't work if you went to the page via a Force Link (the shareable/saveable links).

@ felkor and thejughead - yes, yes, i could hit F5, if I am on a computer. On a mobile platform, cell phone or tablet, a button would be much more convenient. Refreshing the page in browser isn't always reliable with spotty internet coverage.

@ Maine - As above, a button would be more convenient on mobile devices.

Just a suggestion. gran_risa.gif

Version 7 is up:

- SSU and other new units from Operation Zverograd has been added.

- A Clear button, for ItsUncertainWho.

- Links to donate to Snow Leopard Trust (or to show appreciation directly to me) have been added.

Great work, this is really helping me as an SSU player!

Here's my bug report from the first walkthrough:

-Solo Commissars should cost 5/5/8/8/9 instead of 9

-SSU Snipers should cost 14 instead of 12

-KV47-B should be called "Natasha" instead of "Natashya"

-KV47-E should be called "Nikita" instead of "Nakita"

-KV47-E is in the lists twice, one of them should be KV47-F "Nastasia"

I love the way how you integrated the Solo Commissars and the option to field Koshka with or wirthout Grand'Ma. Excellent Software!

There is a bug with new Axis walkers:

Now it's like that:
Support: MPW III-A "Flamm-Luther" (Zv) (40)
Support: MPW III-A "Flamm-Luther" [upgrade] (Zv) (45)
Support: MPW III-A "Wotan" (Zv) (50)

This is how it should be:
Support: MPW III-A "Flamm-Luther" (Zv) (40)
Support: MPW III-A "Wotan" (Zv) (50)
Support: MPW III-A "Wotan - AR" (Zv) (55)

Second bug it that you cant export file if you use commissars in SSU.

I was about to point out the incorrect points price for the commisars, but lannister beat me to it. He also beat me to complementing your excellent integration of the SSU's unique organization fields, but I'lll say it anyway; great work!

WOOO!!! I got a button!

There goes my lunch hour….

and when I'm sitting on the couch at home…