Dust Warfare - Force Builder now available

By Maine, in Dust Warfare

Revision 4 is up.

• Improved warning feedback
  • Force-level notes and platoon names/labels
  • Checkbox to disable the platoon and hero limit

Nice! Well done!

sorpresa.gif

It is amazing how fast the suggestions for this all came together. I wish development in my firm were so responsive.

I'm using ie9 and when i try to export all i get is another blank window opening but when i use Firefox it works fine.

Thanks again for a great utility ….. My file of force lists just keeps growing.

This really is an excellent tool, Maine. Thanks for making Warfare players' lives a little bit easier!

The only suggestion I can think of at this point would be an HTML output option, with unique CSS classes. That way site owners and bloggers could paste a list into an article and use CSS to make it look the way they want it to.

BigDogg said:

I'm using ie9 and when i try to export all i get is another blank window opening but when i use Firefox it works fine.

I've tested with IE9 and it works fine for me. Can you please try force-refeshing, and see if there are any javascript errors reported.

Cannor said:

This really is an excellent tool, Maine. Thanks for making Warfare players' lives a little bit easier!

The only suggestion I can think of at this point would be an HTML output option, with unique CSS classes. That way site owners and bloggers could paste a list into an article and use CSS to make it look the way they want it to.

HTML output is planned, but I'm no web designer, so my HTML/CSS-foo is weak. To make anything useful I'd really need to collaborate with someone more experienced at such things. I'm just using Twitter Bootstrap, and I'd say I spend 2/3s of my development efforts dealing with layout/html.

My next feature is a 'link' save, where you can just copy a link and it will have your army list encoded in it.

Maine thank you so much for this wonderful tool. Thank you thank you thank you.

The tricky part is including enough classes to allow enough styling options, but not too many. Maybe these classes:

Enclosing container: .forcebuilder

Army title: .fb-title

Notes: .fb-notes

Faction: .fb-faction

Heroes list: .fb-heroes

Platoon container: .fb-platoon

Platoon name: .fb-platoon-name

Platoon upgrade: .fb-platoon-upgrade

Unit list: .fb-list

The HTML output might look something like this .

Revision 5 is up.

• "Link to this Force" link added. Use this to easily share or save your armies. I'll try my best to make sure links continue to work with future revisions. Please note that your Notes will be encoded into the URL too, which can make for very large URLs.
  • Code cleanup and performance improvement.

For example, here is my 300 point Allies force .

If memory serves exporting was working now it is not. I am using Ipad 2.

TBaileySr said:

If memory serves exporting was working now it is not. I am using Ipad 2.

I could not reproduce this using iPad 1 (5.1). Can you refresh and see if it still happens?

It might only happen with certain lists/units, I tried a couple different ones though and it worked. See if it is also broken with the 'default' force on opening the page.

Just saw this and it looks great. By the way Maine, do you actually live in Maine? I'm in Portland myself.

Feldwebel_Francis said:

Just saw this and it looks great. By the way Maine, do you actually live in Maine? I'm in Portland myself.

No, I often go by the monicker "MaineCoon" (as in the breed of cat) but some places block that name…

Just bumping to front page so newcomers can see that this tool is available.

Nothing new to report, I've not had time to work on changes. The only remaining major feature is a detailed printout with game stats.

If anyone can think of any other features they would like, please post them!

Maine said:

Feldwebel_Francis said:

No, I often go by the monicker "MaineCoon" (as in the breed of cat) but some places block that name…

Well that's a bummer.

Revision 6 is up.

This fixes some bugs with Platoon Upgrades by adding validation to Improved Command, Extra Panzer Support, and Extra Hero.

2Maine Great job, thanx a lot!

ps. MaineCoons great too! :)

Maine said:

Revision 6 is up.

This fixes some bugs with Platoon Upgrades by adding validation to Improved Command, Extra Panzer Support, and Extra Hero.

I was the guy who emailed you those. Thanks for implementing them so quickly!

Can we get this thread stickied or something? Maine has done an incredible job with this and we should have to keep bumping it.

Is anyone with an iPad still having trouble with Export?

I could not reproduce the issue on my iPad 1.

I'd also like to add, if you like the tool, donations are appreciated - especially to my charity of choice, the Snow Leopard Trust at http://www.snowleopard.org/

No issues at all on my ipad2

No problems on my iPad 1.

With the Zverograd campaign book supposedly releasing soon, I won't be getting the book as gaming funds are tight. I don't know if anyone in my group will get it any time soon, either.

If anyone who gets the book wants to help, I can add the new units fairly easily if you can provide the necessary information.

Or someone could donate a copy ;-)

Hopefully the SSU follows the same Platoon structure as the other two armies…