New Custom Desgned Unit Cards - Looking For Suggestions!

By WatchItPlayed, in Dust Warfare

Iocarno: thanks!

thejughead: your most recent pic just shows as a '?' to me and clicking on it I get a "Safari can't open this page."

Thanks Locarno… I needed those

If anyone is taking requests, the only cards I am missing now are "The Gunners" for the allies and the "Beobachter team" for the Axis… gran_risa.gif

I thought someone else had posted Beobachter already? if not, I already have that one done and I can post it later.

I will take on the Gunners as well as Bazooka Joe later tonight.

Strombole said:

If anyone is taking requests, the only cards I am missing now are "The Gunners" for the allies and the "Beobachter team" for the Axis… gran_risa.gif

can someone point me to a better pic of the Lothar? The one I used does not cover the entire Polaroid area.

thx,

Les

536RodneySmith has the Beobachter team in his dropbox

Les

Strombole said:

Thanks Locarno for the heads up, I must have missed that one. And thanks to Rodney obviously. So now it is just "the gunners" that I am missing unless I am blind and it has been uploaded somewhere already. I am actually surprised that wasn't one of the first ones made considering its the box that comes with a 6th model. I bought the allied and axis 6 man boxes right away… more bang for the buck! happy.gif

Strombole said:

Thanks Locarno for the heads up, I must have missed that one. And thanks to Rodney obviously. So now it is just "the gunners" that I am missing unless I am blind and it has been uploaded somewhere already. I am actually surprised that wasn't one of the first ones made considering its the box that comes with a 6th model. I bought the allied and axis 6 man boxes right away… more bang for the buck! happy.gif

I think they are just included as a regular squad with the text, "+3 points to swap one M-1 rifle for a M-9 Bazooka" or some such.

just uploaded The Gunners.

Les

Shadow4ce said:

Strombole said:

I think they are just included as a regular squad with the text, "+3 points to swap one M-1 rifle for a M-9 Bazooka" or some such.

Okay, I'm dumb. I was thinking you meant, "Bot Hunters" as in the upgraded Gunners squad. Sorry, nothing to see in my last post. Move along citizen, move along. sonrojado.gif

Hello All!

I just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work.

I tried to pitch in but found my version of Photoshop gave me errors when I opened the files. Not being terrible conversant with Photoshop I decided not to try to tackle these errors at this time. I made a quick back to the cards and that is far as I got.

javascript:void(0);/*1338601192175*/

Now onto cards. I am missing a few cards and I am wondering if someone has made them yet. I realize that some of them are just modifications of existing cards but it would be cool to have the cards for the units since I have them for Dust Tactics.

Allies

Rosie, Action Jackson, Bot Hunters

Axis

Angela, Totenmeister, Grenadier X, Stefan, Manfred, Panzer Killers, Markus

Thanks!

Theres a mistake in Joes Grenade Launchers profile: Must be 2/1 on Soldiers 3.

Shadow4ce said:

Strombole said:

They rearly need their own card though, same for tank killer, less clutter and correct stat lines.

Personally, I'm good with the one card. Its not hard to just shoot 2 bazookas instead of one and I find having too many cards are a bad thing, but to each his own. I already grabbed the card so I don't care if you choose to change it now. I already used the "Panzer killers" card to glue the platoon upgrades card to the back of it and will use the bot hunters card for the same thing. I thought it was weird for them to have given us two cards in the first place but I'm sure a lot of people like the two cards with two different names and like the name "panzer killers", etc.

The thing is that those different squad names are only ever referred to in tactics, warfare makes no such mention of upgrading to become "bot killers", simply an upgrade to the squad for 3 points to change this weapon into that just like other popular miniatures games do. I think its much cleaner in the warfare way of doing things, "this is a unit upgrade" as opposed to the tactics way of doing things, "this is a totally different bunch of guys". But as I said, this is just my preference and I'm glad it was done in the warfare way and thank you for your work.

The Heavy Kommandotrupp still has the wrong mini marked as the unit leader. It should be the guy in the hat, chomping on a a cigar and pointing. Currently it's being shown as the medic.

Thanks for all the hard work!

(Yes, I'm a little OCD). gui%C3%B1o.gif

ok, I'm on it!

thx

Les

Ehrfried von Trauwitz-Hellwich said:

Theres a mistake in Joes Grenade Launchers profile: Must be 2/1 on Soldiers 3.

Bazooka Joe fixed and uploaded!

Les

Fixed the Heavy KommandoTrup and now have ALL the Axis units uploaded, except for some of the Heroes.

I know some of you have been working on some of these units I just did, but I forgot to check the forum, and just wanted to plough through some of these.

Up next I'll be finishing the Allied Units from the core book (except for the Heroes… I'll be donig all of those at the very end).

If you're waiting on my set to print, I'd say to hold off until I'm totally done (I mean, if you plan to spend lots of money on final copies), because I have a few things I'll be doing to all of the cards to put the final totuches on them as well as a final pass on checking stats, etc.

That said, they are perfectly playable and fine as they are, so do what you like, of course :)

Scratch that, just made the little extra polish I wanted on all the cards. So now I'm re-upping all of my stuff (if it looks empty in my gallery, it's just uploading now).

But now the important part, if you've been wanting to help up to this point, but don't have Photoshop, now is when we really need you. Grab the Dust Warfare book and the Errata and check these cards over. Ensure there are no errors, so that we can give the go ahead for people to start printing these for reals!

As I said, I'll be working on the rest of the non-Hero Allies units next!

www.dropbox.com/gallery/13964498/1/Dust%20Warfare%20Unit%20Cards

Not sure if you caught it yet Rodney, but the Battle Grenadiers title is misspelled. Battle not Batlle.

Shadow4ce said:

Not sure if you caught it yet Rodney, but the Battle Grenadiers title is misspelled. Battle not Batlle.

No, I didn't see that! Thanks.

Now why didn't FFG get any proo freaders for Warefare, it's not hard to do :P

Rodney,

Rolled is misspelled on the Blackhawk card (part of All in One)

Find & replace all "tokens" with "markers" to match the rule terminology. See examples below.

Find & replace most "takes" with "gains" to match rules terminology and for better readability. See examples below.

Sometimes you used "reverse combat dice" (Grim Reapers Rocket Punch), others you used "invert the combat dice" (Punisher 155mm Howitzer.) Recommend you standardize to one or the other. (I like the reverse.) Cards affected: Grim Reapers, Punisher, Fireball

This is a very minor nit to pick, but I recommend you change the wording of Reload. " Takes Out of Ammo token when fired…" reads oddly to me. The rulebook says "Place an Out of Ammo marker beside the unit…" That should fit since Reload takes two lines on your cards. If you want to be more succinct, I suggest "Unit gains an Out of Ammo marker." Cards affected: Death Dealers

Additional Support: "Platoon may include one additional Support Unit (Ranger Observer Team or Ranger Sniper Team.) " The "+1" version is rather nebulous and I think it's important to acknowledge that it counts as extra Support since some platoons can take these guys as regular sections.

Agile… change "take an additional 6" to "Moves an additional 6" " (which matches the book.) Cards affected: Crack shots

Fast: "move an additional 6" when it takes a Move action" This matches the rules and follows the same format as Agile while getting rid of a "+". Here "take" is perfectly valid! Cards affected: Hell Boys

Grenade launchers: "Unit always takes suppression" would be better as "target unit always gains a suppression marker." Cards affected: Death Dealers, Hell Boys

Carry Capacity: "Disembarked units must be placed within 3" of the transport." Also, " gain a reaction marker . " Cards affected: Fireball, Punisher

I think I have an issue with the word take. It's not one you see often in game rules and there's other words more specific to each situation that work better. " Gain a marker; move extra, etc." I would consider using takes for something like the "unit may take an additional action."

(I'm editing this frequently as I check each card, in the order listed in your dropbox. I have to take a break for now.)