Meta-Sota: The (Cam-) Bridge of Skulls

By JerusalemJones, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

We play most often Tuesdays, with some Wed and Thursday play. Weekends...well, players are here, but by the time evening rolls around we're ready to play board games (primarily because I like to play games with my wife, and she won't play tcgs or lcgs).

Best bet to see when the local players will be around (or organize geting together with them): go tou our website www.gamersden.net and then visit our message boards. The A Game of Thrones thread is right near the top. Join and post when you can attend; there's a pretty good chance that some of the players can arrange to meet up with you. Sadly, I'm the one who visits this site the most, and even I am not that regualr checking this thread (perhaps it's time I added it to my rss feed...)

i've got your rss feed right here baby! :D

You keep saying that, but do you ever deliver?

It was great to see you again at Gen Con.

JerusalemJones said:

It was great to see you again at Gen Con.

silly thing is i saw you more over gencon than i have in like two months

JerusalemJones said:

You keep saying that, but do you ever deliver?

@Nick thanks for letting me beat you, and it is so cool that you are playing again!

On September 19th, as part of our store's 7th Anniversary Celebration, we're going to run an LCG tournament where the top prize will be a copy of the Kings of the Storm expansion when it releases.

The event will be held at the Gamers Den in Cambridge. Entry fee is $5 per player, and at least 6 people have to attend to award the expansion (which should not be a problem, unless most people end up having to work). All entry fees will be returned to the players in the prize pool.

Our tournaments are run with swiss qualifying rounds, followed by a single-elimination playoff, bases around number of attendees.

Anyone in the MN area that is interested can contact me via info @ gamersden.net (no spaces) or follow the links from our website to our message boards by going to www.gamersden.net

JerusalemJones said:

On September 19th, as part of our store's 7th Anniversary Celebration, we're going to run an LCG tournament where the top prize will be a copy of the Kings of the Storm expansion when it releases.

when were you thinking of starting the tourney?

Noon. You should really start checking our store's message board again to keep up on things.

Also, we will be starting our fall leagues the week of September 12th.

i be there its going to be tons of fun

jj if we get the people that are willing to stay you mind going a melee after this?

anyone gonna be around tonight for agot?

ya i be there at 3ish john going to be there at 5 and then jj and dan

King Blith said:

i be there its going to be tons of fun

jj if we get the people that are willing to stay you mind going a melee after this?

We'll see. It's going to be a busy weekend, and a busy three weeks for me.

With our first major tournament in months coming up this weekend, it occured to me today that I would need to address the issue of reprints of ccg cards in advance of the event. Here is our official policy for events UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED:

CCG versions of cards that have been reprinted either partially or in full in LCG products are legal for LCG GoT events at the Gamers Den, provided that:
a) The player has at least one LCG legal copy of the card and
b) makes their opponent aware when a card theyare playing is not an exact reprint

This means that non-crested versions of characters from ccg days are allowed (Eddard Stark, The Red Viper, Robert Baratheon, etc), minor changes in cards (Iron Mines and Renly's Courtier(?)) and major changes (Forever Burning, Bronn, etc).

However, in any Legacy event where a card is represented in both CCG and LCG in different ways, the card will act as printed. Valyrian Red Viper will not have a Noble Crest. WED Forever Burning can not be brought back with gold.

This is not the same policy as FFG has for their events, where only exact reprints are allowed, but I want to make this event open to as many players as possible, and not all of them have the money to spend on multiple copies of core sets and early deluxe expansions.

Hope this helps.

torny this coming sunday two day from now

If anyone is coming tonight to test decks, I should warn you that Rhonda will be here tonight and the two of us want to play BSG. But I should be getting to the store earlier than normal so we could get in some games before 6.

Just saying.

(Actaully, I kinda wanted to play Android, but don't see that happening at this point. But I suspect I'll try to get a game going some sunday in the near future)

Change of plans, and now Rhonda isn't coming down tonight, so we can play whatever.

King Blith and I played 4 games today. Two Martell (me ) v Martell-Brotherhood. I won the first game pretty soundly, and vice versa game 2. Then he beat my Neutral-Nobel-Brotherhood deck twice (well, scond game he had to leave early, but I think he would have won).

Tuesday night (the 21st) I am running a Winter Is Here draft event, using mostly packs from ITE block (2x ITE, 1 HoTh, 1x HoTa + bonnus pack). I have enough cards for 8 players, but if I get 6 ot 7, two people's bonus pack will be 5KE and if I get 8 players either I will not draft a 5th pack or I'll have to crack my unopend pack of Flight of Dragons (which could be really interesting).

The cost for the draft will be $10 per person, and you get to keep the cards.

i failed so hard at that draft. :sadface:

Just wanted to give fresh warning that the weekend of April16-17 will be a Game of Thrones themed weekend at the Gamers Den. I don not know what exactly we will have planned, but it will involve both the card game and the board game.

I also suspect there will be sonme scheduled Demo Events in the weeks leading up to the weekend, and if anyone wants to help run demos, please let me know.

JerusalemJones said:

Just wanted to give fresh warning that the weekend of April16-17 will be a Game of Thrones themed weekend at the Gamers Den. I don not know what exactly we will have planned, but it will involve both the card game and the board game.

I also suspect there will be sonme scheduled Demo Events in the weeks leading up to the weekend, and if anyone wants to help run demos, please let me know.

jj i help run demos on april 12th. Iand i make sure i be there all day sat and sunday morning.

The weekend events are called the Tourney of the False Spring. What I currently have planned for the weekend is two LCG and one board game event, and possibly Battles of Westeros is either a) we get a demo copy or b) a player with a copy of BoW agrees to run/demo it.

the first LCG event will be a LCG Joust on Saturday at Noon. Entry fee is $10 per player. Prizes include signed art prints, one by GRRM and one by Tiziano (King Robert from LotS). Power counters will also be awarded, and some pins. I am checking into other prize support.

the second LCG event is a Melee on Sunday at Noon. Cost is $5, or free if you played in the Joust. Two rounds plus a final table. Prizes as yet to be determined.

Saturday night at 6pm we'll play the A Game of Thrones board game. There is no cost for this event.

is it still going to be on the same day you said earlier? i was wondering if you had considered changing it due to the agot event at the ffg event center

There is an update on our forums. Basically, I'll be hosting the LCG events on Saturday, and moving the boardgame to Sunday. the Saturday LCG events will be a Joust, followed by straight swiss Hand of the King. I can, of course, jsut do it as a single HotK event, but with Regionals coming up some of us are going to want to test out decks in a competitive setting.

As for regionals, there is strong support among the local meta to have me hold an event. I basically told everyone that the only way I can do it is if six people commit to paying $20 each for entry fees. That's about 80% of the kit cost, and makes it worth our while (though a higher turnout so we're actaully making a little money would be nice). So far Jon, Shad, Brad and Anders have committed, Steve is think will, but I'd have to start at like 2pm on Saturday since he works mornings for him to attend. So I'm close to submitting an app (and we'd be going for a late June event). I'd also likely need to find someone to run the first few hours, since I won't make it to the Den until closer to 5.

Oh, frak yeah! Now I can look like the Old Man!