Meta-Sota: The (Cam-) Bridge of Skulls

By JerusalemJones, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

SO, the question is how many locals are going to Gen Con? Since Isle of Ravens won't be legal at Worlds, will people going to GenCon want to play against decks using those cards? There are a few cards I want to add to my Targ deck in this pack (like the Maester) but I want to know how other people feel.

JerusalemJones said:

SO, the question is how many locals are going to Gen Con? Since Isle of Ravens won't be legal at Worlds, will people going to GenCon want to play against decks using those cards? There are a few cards I want to add to my Targ deck in this pack (like the Maester) but I want to know how other people feel.

i'm not going, so no worries on my account.

We're looking at playing some serious games tomorrow night people. SHow up.

Sounds like tomorrow night we're going to play some Lord of the Rings, but we still might get in a few games of Thrones.

bumped from the front page!? what is this crap? :D

Well, you and I are about the only ones who post here anymore. And we're way to sporadic.

And I am even more sporadic. :)

I love the game, buy all of the cards, but just never have the time to commit to traveling to play, et cetera. I will most likely play at the next DoIaF event, though. Joust only; no interest in Melee.

divinityofnumber said:

I love the game, buy all of the cards, but just never have the time to commit to traveling to play, et cetera. I will most likely play at the next DoIaF event, though. Joust only; no interest in Melee.

either way, it would be good to see you dude. :)

divinityofnumber said:

And we play melee more often than not. Joust can get pretty ruthless with some of our players.

I'm hoping to get in a few games tomorrow night, but I likely will be late. Rhonda will be here, though, and Scott's liking the game and will probably show up again.

i'll be up on saturday because i would have no where to play at the ffgec due to arkham nights this weekend. hope to see you guys then for some thrones or whatever.

I'm thinking it might be fun to do a chaos draft tomorrow night. Got in some old packs, and figure everyone buys 4 packs and a starter (winter or valyrian). Use the locations and plots from the starter and draft the four packs. Cost about $12 per person? What do you think.

Otherwise, I really have to test my new deck for Days of ICe and Fire.

I've scheduled a tournament for Dec 11 at noon. Here's the link:

javascript:void(0);/*1322418936048*/

Starting time is Noon, entry fee is $5.

The Nick-ler said:

i made a facebook group for minnesota agot players for discussion and play dates.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/328569337165204/

I asked for access. Would love to meet other AGOT players.there are a few of us in Mankato but not many.

Nomos, have you been added yet?

So, after the decent turnout for the April tournament, would people be willing to come up if I ran these every other month? How about monthly?

I'd certainly be interested in regular tourneys.

don't mind me. just passing through.

This Saturday at 5pm I'm hosting another tournament at The Gamers Den. It will be $5 entry, everyone who attends will receive the new House cards from the Fall League Kit, and prizes for the top 2 will be the new playmat and the Targaryen Power Counter set (One prize per player, best record gets to choose the prize) as well as a second set of counters for the last place player (The Sansa Stark prize). If we get 10+ people I will also award counters to 3rd and 4th place. If 8 or less people, it will be straight swiss rounds, 9+ will have a playoff.

My playgroup (approximately 5 people) are looking for a regular tournament/league, but are only available on Saturday evenings. If the entry fee was only $5, and everyone got some sort of prize (e.g., new house cards from the league kit, etc.), we would make the drive to Gamer's Den.

How would something like this sound: One tournament per month, on a Saturday, starting at around 5-6pm, and then we all hit Pizza Pub in Cambridge afterward?

Nick-ler, it was awesome to see you at Worlds last weekend. Are you still living somewhere up near Gamer's Den?

Anyone in the North metro Twin Cities playing?

Bumping this thread to see if anyone in the North is playing AGoT? Would be great to do some tournaments at Gamer's Den.

On 11/24/2008 at 12:22 PM, JerusalemJones said:

Morgan, you should convince J my ip birthday wishes tneb R (and perhaps yourself?) to show up at the Den this Sunday with a copy so we can play. gran_risa.gif I am an even bigger cyberpunk freak than a Game of Thrones freak, and I want this game so badly, it almost hurts. A few weeks ago I was telling Nick how I was working on a cyberpunk version of Arkham, using that game's engine. I might still do it (I love rpgs, and want to run cpunk so badly, but I don't have the time). Android is either going to calm my cpunk itch, or throw it into full bown overload!

haha. Five posts, and I've gone completely OT.

And, totally OT, but is anyone else really, REALLY looking forward to Android? A cyberpunk game designed by Kevin "Arkham Horror" Wilson? I so totally want this game in my hands now, even more than BSG -- which totally rocks, btw.

Edited by WAILIYA