Christmas* U-pick [Mafia]

By Bertie Wooster, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

I'd rather vote today based on a semi educated guess based on new info rather than a thin day one read.

11 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

So what can claiming do for us?

The scan result is the obvious benefit. In addition to assuming the scan is town, I'm going to tenuously assume it's faction-based because of the existence of Ovi's mass action scan.

The problem is it's ambiguous because of a busdriver and a mirror.

And both those roles are themselves faction-ambiguous. Probably 2 roles are still unknown. Personally, I'd prefer not to claim just yet.

On the other hand, we do need to do something if we don't want a blind-ish 40% chance of survival.

If there's a good reason to lay our cards on the table, I'm listening.

I agree, and for some reason I think that makes me less suspect of you, for now.

If the busdriver is revealed, the mirror, which could be scum, can effectively cancel it. Is busdriver ever a scum role?

4 minutes ago, Caldias said:

Is busdriver ever a scum role?

Almost always.

2 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Almost always.

Interesting, I think it's been town in games I've played, but I could be misremembering

It's a mixed role, given to scum to effect town, but given to town to cause chaos.

However we don't often have the luxury of having everything laid out. If the report is even true?

58 minutes ago, PodRacer said:

It's a mixed role, given to scum to effect town, but given to town to cause chaos.

However we don't often have the luxury of having everything laid out. If the report is even true?

That's what I was trying to uncover. I'm of the opinion that claiming early makes it harder for scum to hide, but I also now remember that that's a bit of a taboo in this particular group.

3 hours ago, PodRacer said:

If the report is even true?

Didn't you say it was your role? Wouldn't you know if it could be trusted?

2 hours ago, FortyInRed said:

That's what I was trying to uncover. I'm of the opinion that claiming early makes it harder for scum to hide, but I also now remember that that's a bit of a taboo in this particular group.

I dislike it for 3 reasons:

1) It takes the fun out of the game - the point isn't so much to win ASAP but to figure things out, tease your brain. It's a Meta way of playing, like revealing your cards Day 1 when playing IRL.

2) Scum can still lie, and some Mods on this forum (myself included) give scum fake claims in order to not make a Day 1 claim so hard on them.

3) Claiming early means all our power roles are revealed, and scum know exactly whom to kill, whom to block, and what actions will be revealed. It generally helps scum more than town.

On 1/4/2021 at 8:11 PM, Caldias said:

Sounds like Pod might be the investigator unless someone else contests to claim they revealed the night actions. That seems like it would be a town role, unless I'm missing something?

Well, I don't have much to go off of, so I will

##vote @Caldias

For the above soft-rolefish. At least Forty has a habit of it and is consistent. The above seems fishy coming from Cal.

Well, you miss all the shots you don’t take, and we’re short on time...

##vote @Caldias

@PodRacer
@Caldias
@FortyInRed

We have only about 20 minutes left. . .

1 minute ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

@PodRacer
@Caldias
@FortyInRed

We have only about 20 minutes left. . .

2D-Art-Aleksey-Bayura-Ninjas-992x1539.jp

Let me be clear that I don't like this, I just want to move things along.

##vote Caldias

Not an ideal scenario, but Cal was a slight scum lean from day one, I had intended to hammer but forty had just beat me to it mid post

Only 36 hours for Day 3.

1.) GNIPs is effectively cleared. 2.) The game's not over.

Possibilities:

One scum

We have a kill action in some form, or a way to acquire one (I'm willing to verify this much as true.)

There's a vote modifier (Not terribly likely by comparison, but we should at least check everyone for Hated.)

##vote @PodRacer

##unvote

##vote @FortyInRed

##unvote

##vote @GhostofNobodyInParticular , I guess

##unvote

##vote @The Jabbawookie if allowed

##unvote

There.

I'm leaning toward the first scenario in a 7-player setup with a day vig and a scan I didn't cast, but can't technically rule out the second option either.

Pod or Forty or Pod and Forty, but I can't prove my own innocence.

It'll be interesting to see if we can get three votes on anyone.

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Derp, disregard the votes. We have 4 players not 3, so it can't be done safely.

Ok I'm a joat of sorts, the first night my action was the mirror, last night I tracked forty to GNIP.

2 minutes ago, PodRacer said:

Ok I'm a joat of sorts, the first night my action was the mirror, last night I tracked forty to GNIP.

Probably not Pod and Forty, then.

Almost certainly Pod's word against Forty's.

@FortyInRed you've been here since Bertie posted. Discussion getting interesting enough for you yet?

7 hours ago, PodRacer said:

7 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Probably not Pod and Forty, then.

Almost certainly Pod's word against Forty's.

@FortyInRed you've been here since Bertie posted. Discussion getting interesting enough for you yet?

Pod is right. I protected GNIPS. I was going to ask if Pod did anything special this morning at daybreak but decided to let him make the first move. I still don't think this says anything about the allegiance of Pod, though I do think it clears GNIP.