Christmas* U-pick [Mafia]

By Bertie Wooster, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

7 hours ago, PodRacer said:

Ok I'm a joat of sorts, the first night my action was the mirror, last night I tracked forty to GNIP.

Who did you target with the mirror? You have 2 actions?

10 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

Pod is right. I protected GNIPS. I was going to ask if Pod did anything special this morning at daybreak but decided to let him make the first move. I still don't think this says anything about the allegiance of Pod, though I do think it clears GNIP.

Actually, come to think of it, something very strange is happening here. While pod is right, either he figured that out by chance, or one of the fundamental game mechanics isn't working as it should. Right now I'm tempted to think that was a lucky guess and not a mistake on the part of the moderator

2 hours ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Who did you target with the mirror? You have 2 actions?

Mirror reflects back any actions taken against me, I felt like scum might target me night one.

The other isn't my role, but my second submission was an all seer that was told what actions were taken each night (but not by whom) which we saw in the day two opening post.

1 hour ago, PodRacer said:

The other isn't my role, but my second submission was an all seer that was told what actions were taken each night (but not by whom) which we saw in the day two opening post.

So how did you track Forty?

1 hour ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

This is my question.

I'm going to go ahead and ##vote Pod until I'm convinced that wasn't a lucky guess (or Bertie screwing up)

4 hours ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

With a tracker. ( My *role* )

How are you both so confused about this?!

What I'm saying is that the night one actions being listed is the same as a role I submitted. (My submission)

Two separate entities.

36 minutes ago, PodRacer said:

With a tracker. ( My *role* )

How are you both so confused about this?!

What I'm saying is that the night one actions being listed is the same as a role I submitted. (My submission)

Two separate entities.

You appear to be talking about three different things. Why did you bring up the N1 reveal all action? That was irrelevant.

You claimed that you used the mirror night one. That is not the same as the reveal all role you claimed to have submitted. Then you claim to have tracked Forty N2. Do you have both a mirror and a tracking ability? Are those not two separate roles? How can you be both a mirror and a tracker?

13 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

You appear to be talking about three different things. Why did you bring up the N1 reveal all action? That was irrelevant.

You claimed that you used the mirror night one. That is not the same as the reveal all role you claimed to have submitted. Then you claim to have tracked Forty N2. Do you have both a mirror and a tracking ability? Are those not two separate roles? How can you be both a mirror and a tracker?

Also Pod *should have been* roll blocked last night. So either Bertie messed up or Pod is lying

I didn't receive one of my own submissions as a role.

As I stated I'm a Joat. Hence different ability each night.

24 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

Also Pod *should have been* roll blocked last night. So either Bertie messed up or Pod is lying

*Should* have been? By whom?

29 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

What, you have two roles too?

4 minutes ago, PodRacer said:

As I stated I'm a Joat. Hence different ability each night.

You never stated that. It seems very suspicious as a story. I am tempted to vote you, but want to hear from Forty and Jabba.

@The Jabbawookie what have you to say with regards to this unfolding story?

1 minute ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

@The Jabbawookie what have you to say with regards to this unfolding story?

I don't want to interrupt two people both claiming they have two roles.

Keep going, guys.

popcorn-reaction-gifs.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Thread vibe:

I do have two roles, but there are limitations around when I can use them.

I roleblocked Pod and protected GNIPS.

I am inclined to trust Forty, since I submitted his role.

That leaves either Pod or Jabba. Pod's story is seeming the most shaky, but unfortunately I cannot tell between him and Jabba. I am more inclined to vote for Pod though.

As I see it, there are three options to consider:

I was attacked, Forty protected me and blocked Pod. Did he:

1) Coincidentally protect me twice, by blocking Pod and defending me, when Pod was attacking me, meaning Pod is scum
2) Block an innocent Pod and protect me from Jabba, meaning Jabba is scum,
3) Block a scum Pod AND protect me from a scum Jabba,
4) By some weird twist of fate, Forty is scum and decided to protect and kill me in the same turn, in order to gain cred.

Since we haven't lost the game automatically, I have to assume we are at 1 scum, 3 town, since otherwise scum would tie us in the vote by day and eventually kill us off by night.

So I think option 3 is not realistic. Hence, EITHER Pod OR Jabba is scum, but not both (I am disregarding option 4, I mention it only because of the below, and for completeness' sake).

I am a cop, I scanned Jabba N1 and Pod N2, but got TOWN both times. With both the Busdriver and Mirror roles though, I do not trust my results. If I trusted them I would, obviously, vote Forty.

2 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

As I see it, there are three options to consider:

I was attacked, Forty protected me and blocked Pod. Did he:

1) Coincidentally protect me twice, by blocking Pod and defending me, when Pod was attacking me, meaning Pod is scum
2) Block an innocent Pod and protect me from Jabba, meaning Jabba is scum,
3) Block a scum Pod AND protect me from a scum Jabba,
4) By some weird twist of fate, Forty is scum and decided to protect and kill me in the same turn, in order to gain cred.

Since we haven't lost the game automatically, I have to assume we are at 1 scum, 3 town, since otherwise scum would tie us in the vote by day and eventually kill us off by night.

So I think option 3 is not realistic. Hence, EITHER Pod OR Jabba is scum, but not both (I am disregarding option 4, I mention it only because of the below, and for completeness' sake).

I am a cop, I scanned Jabba N1 and Pod N2, but got TOWN both times. With both the Busdriver and Mirror roles though, I do not trust my results. If I trusted them I would, obviously, vote Forty.

I'm pretty sure you didn't get me. I'm an Absorber: I get actions that connect with me.

And I have the ability to busdrive as of N2, which I did with myself and Pod.

It's why I was initially entertaining a 2-scum scenario, but now think it's unlikely with an attempted kill on you and you confirming the submission of Forty's role.

Pod, you don't look too good right now.

15 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

I'm pretty sure you didn't get me. I'm an Absorber: I get actions that connect with me.

And I have the ability to busdrive as of N2, which I did with myself and Pod.

It's why I was initially entertaining a 2-scum scenario, but now think it's unlikely with an attempted kill on you and you confirming the submission of Forty's role.

Pod, you don't look too good right now.

Wait. You busdrove Pod and you? So Forty blocked you. How does that work? Did he block you? Then how did you busdrive? This is very odd. BUT, if that is the case, then Pod could indeed have tracked Forty, no?

How did you get the busdriver role? And what do you mean you get actions that connect with you? I got a result from my N1 scan, so if you did not receive my scan, then presumably either I was busdriven or mirrored, no?

##unvote

Really thinking it could be Jabba now...

I think we are right back to square one, the only two bits of information I trust are forty visited Gnip, and pod is town!

Is it possible jabba could have been the victim of a Gnip attack last night, and he passively mirrored it back at him??

No cos Gnip would have killed me?

12 minutes ago, PodRacer said:

What is the role you submitted @GhostofNobodyInParticular ?

I think it would give too much info to scum to say.

50 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Wait. You busdrove Pod and you? So Forty blocked you. How does that work? Did he block you? Then how did you busdrive? This is very odd. BUT, if that is the case, then Pod could indeed have tracked Forty, no?

Fair question. This is one of those gray areas mechanic-wise. @Bertie Wooster

50 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

How did you get the busdriver role? And what do you mean you get actions that connect with you? I got a result from my N1 scan, so if you did not receive my scan, then presumably either I was busdriven or mirrored, no?

Presumably I was busdriven N1. Which would also explain why I don't have your scan, which is what I mean by "connect;" it's not enough for my name to be on the action order, it has to not be blocked or reach another target (to my understanding.)

1 minute ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Fair question. This is one of those gray areas mechanic-wise. @Bertie Wooster

Presumably I was busdriven N1. Which would also explain why I don't have your scan, which is what I mean by "connect;" it's not enough for my name to be on the action order, it has to not be blocked or reach another target (to my understanding.)

Oh, you mean you get the role, as in your role is replaced by that role? Or is it a one time thing?