Christmas* U-pick [Mafia]

By Bertie Wooster, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

I'm ok with shifting if we have a decent reason, hoping LP can make a case

About 1 hr remaining.

I will

##vote @Lord Preyer

for suspicious behavior - I find his pseudo-claim kinda wonky.

He is now at L-1, I believe.

I'm not gonna be awake when the times comes.

LP doesn't read scum to me. Jabba just a bit, but not more than town.

Ghost is acting prudent as he's always.

Pod isn't Pod at all, and that's odd.

Meh, I would go with Forty but it doesn't worth it at this point.

I'm actually curious about LP claim but whatever.

I don't see this going elsewhere from here. I doubt you will miss the hammer time but just in case:

## unvote Pod

## vote Lord Preyer

@Bertie Wooster

I believe that is hammer. Please hold.

Snap.

Well. Fair bit to unpack there.

I attribute the repair to Ovi. Given the flavor, I attribute the info to him as well.

We also know that his claim of submitting his own role is almost certainly true, though I don't know how useful that is.

Confirmed(ish) roles:

Busdriver

Some sort of investigative

Mirror

Kill (almost certainly scum factional)

Repair droid (dead)

Semi-compulsive Day Vig (dead)

+2 more (unless the kill was role-linked in some way.)

Given the scope of the light display, it seems *likely* that there weren't unrevealed actions, which might inform us which of our submissions aren't likely to be present.

LP claimed his role supported being up in my grill, which I don't understand from his flip. Maybe it's a playstyle thing.

@Bertie Wooster what does it mean to be "semi"-compulsive? It only applies to some days?

The bright sparkle of lights that revealed all the night actions was my second submission

I guess solve one element solve the equation?

I guess it's also time to think is this lylo (2scum setup) or single anti town + chaos ( vig)

Sounds like Pod might be the investigator unless someone else contests to claim they revealed the night actions. That seems like it would be a town role, unless I'm missing something?

Does that make Mirror scum or possible third party?

1 hour ago, The Jabbawookie said:

@Bertie Wooster what does it mean to be "semi"-compulsive? It only applies to some days?

The player should perform their action, or else gain one point of hated.

10 minutes ago, Caldias said:

Does that make Mirror scum or possible third party?

Seems plausible.

That would certainly make for a dramatic combination with LP.

1 minute ago, Bertie Wooster said:

The player should perform their action, or else gain one point of hated.

Ah! Now I think I understand; he wanted a train, then instead of hammering me he would day vig me, thus acting in accordance with majority vote and avoiding the penalty.

Not that it would have really cleared him of third party, given how hard he was pushing for it.

@FortyInRed You've been fairly quiet so far. Care to share your thoughts?

13 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Seems plausible.

That would certainly make for a dramatic combination with LP.

Ah! Now I think I understand; he wanted a train, then instead of hammering me he would day vig me, thus acting in accordance with majority vote and avoiding the penalty.

Not that it would have really cleared him of third party, given how hard he was pushing for it.

@FortyInRed You've been fairly quiet so far. Care to share your thoughts?

Just late to the game as usual. Trying to figure out what the actions Bertie mentioned mean. Given that we got to submit our own roles, note not necessarily getting the rules we submitted, makes me think that other rules/game mechanics may be a little flexible. There was that game a while back where Biggs was Palpatine and was feeding us misinformation the whole time, so for the time being I'm not really going to put a whole lot of credence into it. I don't really have any clear picks right now but we'll try to monitor periodically while I'm at work today

17 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

In the night, a display of bright Christmas lights short circuited, making spirits bright and N1 night actions visible to all. In no particular order:
#repair
#kill
#busdrive
#scan
#mirror

@ovinomanc3r is dead. He was a Town Light Box Tech Droid.

48 hours for D2.
@The Jabbawookie
@GhostofNobodyInParticular
@PodRacer
@Caldias
@FortyInRed

Wait a tick. There were 5 actions revealed, and six players last night. Agree that Ovi was probably repair. So that leaves 4 actions for 5 remaining players. I can tell you I didn't get a night action last night so it's at least plausible that Bertie isn't trying to trick us with fake actions. Can anyone else claim they didn't take a night action last night?

I cannot claim I didn't make a night action

2 hours ago, FortyInRed said:

Can anyone else claim they didn't take a night action last night?

I know you are trying to check the validity of the info, but this seems an awful lot like rolefishing.

1 hour ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

I know you are trying to check the validity of the info, but this seems an awful lot like rolefishing.

Yes and now that you mention it I recall that's a no no in this group. Sigh.

Also, it's easy enough to blow up by lying ("I didn't do a night action either!"), in hindsight.

So no one's claiming the bus drive?

4 hours ago, PodRacer said:

So no one's claiming the bus drive?

Do we see a need to start making claims now?

2 hours ago, Caldias said:

Do we see a need to start making claims now?

So what can claiming do for us?

The scan result is the obvious benefit. In addition to assuming the scan is town, I'm going to tenuously assume it's faction-based because of the existence of Ovi's mass action scan.

The problem is it's ambiguous because of a busdriver and a mirror.

And both those roles are themselves faction-ambiguous. Probably 2 roles are still unknown. Personally, I'd prefer not to claim just yet.

On the other hand, we do need to do something if we don't want a blind-ish 40% chance of survival.

If there's a good reason to lay our cards on the table, I'm listening.