Christmas* U-pick [Mafia]

By Bertie Wooster, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

1 hour ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Not really sure Ovi's vote qualifies as a claim, as such...

But it is, at least, an action.

Typical townread: he's trying to start conversation so we get something done D1 / Typical scumread: he's trying to steer conversation and prevent a lucky kill on scum/gain cred without accomplishing anything.

I kinda don't like the fact that he picked an easy meta target and voted.

##vote @ovinomanc3r

Yes sorry. It's a vote not a claim. I too don't really read much into that

I haven't much to add. I take ovi's vote as a town move to generate discussion, especially since he voted for Pod - it's an obvious "joke" vote.

I do not particularly like Jabba's vote on ovi. It seems somewhat excessive to vote just for that. Sure, it could also be a town vote, but conversation has started, so voting at this point is somewhat unnecessary.

And looking at the list, I guess GNIP is the only "quiet" one, but I also know they're in latenight mode now timezone-wise, so not really too many inactive players

Just now, Caldias said:

And looking at the list, I guess GNIP is the only "quiet" one, but I also know they're in latenight mode now timezone-wise, so not really too many inactive players

I'm EST now.

Just now, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

I haven't much to add. I take ovi's vote as a town move to generate discussion, especially since he voted for Pod - it's an obvious "joke" vote.

I do not particularly like Jabba's vote on ovi. It seems somewhat excessive to vote just for that. Sure, it could also be a town vote, but conversation has started, so voting at this point is somewhat unnecessary.

Spoke too soon! I agree Jabba's vote is the most red flaggy to me at this time

I am placing an indicative vote on @The Jabbawookie . Reasons for ‘vote’: - I liked Ovi’s opening (I mean who doesn’t like an opening vote on Pod! But also, seriously, gets the ball rolling). And I disliked Jabba’s countermove and agreed with GNIP just now.

As for why it’s an ‘indicative vote’ and not a real vote that’s to do with my role. If when he’s at K-1 and people wish to see me deliver the coup de gras I will happily step up to the plate and all shall be made clear. The person who created my role knows what I am doing here and why.

Yours in Mystery,

Lord Preyer of Recent Fatherhood

I liked jabbas vote and reason, it is a little ott but it was what the game needed in a stagnant spot, like wise gnips counter push.

All fairly standard towny' openings, more null on Cal and Forty.

Lord Preyer is giving off some serial killer vibes just now.

##vote @LordPreyer

Dang Pod's trying to make orphans already

21 minutes ago, PodRacer said:

I liked jabbas vote and reason, it is a little ott but it was what the game needed in a stagnant spot, like wise gnips counter push.

All fairly standard towny' openings, more null on Cal and Forty.

##vote @LordPreyer

If you would really like Pod I can prove to you I am not a Serial Killer but I think that should wait a little while longer for fun’s sake. Why don’t you join me on Jabba for now and we can go at each other tomorrow if you still feel like it?

Your appeal to future spicy goings on is appealing, but does not justify voting an early townread I don't think.

I will stay put for now and see if anyone feels like the tone of your posting is worth further investigation.

2 minutes ago, PodRacer said:

Your appeal to future spicy goings on is appealing, but does not justify voting an early townread I don't think.

I will stay put for now and see if anyone feels like the tone of your posting is worth further investigation.

Well. As and when you want to doubt me again you know where to find me.

1 hour ago, PodRacer said:

I feel like SK wouldn't be drawing this much attention to themselves so early. Nor scum, for that matter.

Smells like third party or, as he says, voting role. Condemner or Jester come to mind as the obvious candidates.

"Actor" would prevent him from voting unless it was a hammer, but it's not worth flashing around by itself.

Those are the only realistic options I'm seeing on the wiki.

Maybe a custom role that gives him some kind of reward for hammering?

For the record, I would not play a Jester.

I am personally more willing to roll the dice and let Preyer do his thing, just because it promises information, but I could be persuaded as to why that's a bad idea.

5 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

I feel like SK wouldn't be drawing this much attention to themselves so early. Nor scum, for that matter.

Smells like third party or, as he says, voting role. Condemner or Jester come to mind as the obvious candidates.

"Actor" would prevent him from voting unless it was a hammer, but it's not worth flashing around by itself.

Those are the only realistic options I'm seeing on the wiki.

Maybe a custom role that gives him some kind of reward for hammering?

Do we started the role fishing phase already? Checking the wiki when our roles are supposed to be made up to this game?

6 minutes ago, ovinomanc3r said:

Do we started the role fishing phase already? Checking the wiki when our roles are supposed to be made up to this game?

Not really fishing so much as this:

Fishing GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

And the wiki works better than my telepathic powers, which are limited to a 20-mile radius.

1 hour ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Not really fishing so much as this:

Fishing GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

And the wiki works better than my telepathic powers, which are limited to a 20-mile radius.

Well, I've got one of my own roles and I always create townie ones.

It was my second role, btw. No OP scum here

Votes on the board please people!

Join the Jabba Train! It’s a good* train! Space left on board! Climb aboard!

*= it’s a D1 Train so this may be overegging the pudding somewhat

Get Jabba to K1! Let me prove I’m not an SK then! Come on people! Let’s not risk no Vote Kill!

1 hour ago, Lord Preyer said:

Get Jabba to K1! Let me prove I’m not an SK then! Come on people! Let’s not risk no Vote Kill!

So I don't really too much into what others have said so far, but this is rather.... forward for day one. Is this some kind of role that wins if Jabba dies?

Either way it's enough to earn a vote from me

##vote Lord Preyer

Who isn't voting? Why not?

7 hours ago, Lord Preyer said:

Join the Jabba Train! It’s a good* train! Space left on board! Climb aboard!

*= it’s a D1 Train so this may be overegging the pudding somewhat

As Jabba, I can confirm this is not really a good train.

My earlier vote on Ovi was probing, but I still don't hate it by D1 standards, because this:

8 hours ago, ovinomanc3r said:

Well, I've got one of my own roles and I always create townie ones.

It was my second role, btw. No OP scum here

looks like an early breadcrumb to facilitate having an unverifiable role later that could be anything needed at a given moment.

I'll admit to a certain temptation to vote the guy thirsting for my blood right out of the gate, but that doesn't feel like scum play.

If he's third party we can try to account for it (and it improves our odds of getting lucky today), and if he's town and I get killed/hammered down the road whatever he has could be a consolation prize.

I'll ##vote @The Jabbawookie and see what happens

20 hours ago, Lord Preyer said:

I am placing an indicative vote on @The Jabbawookie . Reasons for ‘vote’: - I liked Ovi’s opening (I mean who doesn’t like an opening vote on Pod! But also, seriously, gets the ball rolling). And I disliked Jabba’s countermove and agreed with GNIP just now.

As for why it’s an ‘indicative vote’ and not a real vote that’s to do with my role. If when he’s at K-1 and people wish to see me deliver the coup de gras I will happily step up to the plate and all shall be made clear. The person who created my role knows what I am doing here and why.

Yours in Mystery,

Lord Preyer of Recent Fatherhood

I'm confused. Besides the indicative thing. Is this an actual vote? or is Calidad the only one who voted for Jabba?

1 hour ago, ovinomanc3r said:

I'm confused. Besides the indicative thing. Is this an actual vote? or is Calidad the only one who voted for Jabba?

It's

21 hours ago, Lord Preyer said:

not a real vote

He's confident enough I hesitate to kill him, but dying D1 because "LP has reasons" doesn't sound too great either.

We have 1:40 left; if no other option presents itself I intend to vote LP when we have 30 minutes remaining, putting him at L-1.