New Rebel Vehicle Leaked

By KommanderKeldoth, in Star Wars: Legion

My immediate thought when seeing this design

spaceballswinnebago.jpg

I was thinking of my 87 Aerostar Van that my family went on vacations in .

Once we see stats for it we can really start debating on how good it is, but I have high hopes for the transports. If they've got decent armor they will be great for getting slower or more fragile units into combat. Rebels will benefit from it greatly if it come with the stats I think it will. Getting your white defense troopers close enough to survive the hosing of a gunline and grab objectives or blitz opposing units will be an interesting strategy.

It might give Veers some new life as well since it would benefit from some of his cards (assuming the counterpart will be the Imperial troop transport). It'll be cool to see what new strategies emerge from it!

This was FFGs nuclear option if they lost Legion

Lol, please for the love of god don't be real. My horror story would be if this is like a 40pt heavy and becomes an auto include and I then have to look at it on the table while my T-47 sobs in its carrier case. Even better, it has amazing upgrade slots as well that improve the Rebel heavies and so we have to compete for it in limited distribution as well.

This all being said I can't figure out a game scenario where a closed transport works where you have to give up that action economy.

I’m guessing it is real. After all, when they hinted at the new releases they said one was “technically canon” and that “no one on the forums had guessed it”

I want this to be real so badly, both because it’s unexpected and also, shamefully, schadenfreude.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/632/211/aa0.png

3 hours ago, Darth Sanguis said:

What I find more interesting, and something I never noticed until now, is the prospect of Transport X which seems to imply that eventually there will be a transport that can carry multiple units. If this particular Closed Transport can carry multiple units, I think it could be quite an interesting addition to the rebels.

Being able to drop 2 units of wookies in the middle of your opponent's units seems like fun. Certainly may help with that clone ball everyone is stumped on lol.

Useful way of keeping valuable units alive from GAR fire support? If its cheap enough but well armored enough to dodge crit fishing.

As sad as this is, I'm hoping this is paired with an announcing of the imperial troop transport. Been in love with that thing since it appeared in Rebels lol. Then it might be a cool way of chauffeuring Vader around (something that would transform imperial lists for me)

1 hour ago, codytx2 said:

Being able to drop 2 units of wookies in the middle of your opponent's units seems like fun. Certainly may help with that clone ball everyone is stumped on lol.

Considering the precedent for mirrored armor releases up to this point, I think I'm more excited about the prospect of the Transport X: Closed vehicle for the imperials we'll likely be getting as well. Transporting flamers, melee commanders, and/or Imp guard to the front lines seems amusing AF.

Anyone wanna take bets on this guy being the mirror release for the imps? lol

image_30fb819b.jpeg?region=0,60,1920,960

24 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

Considering the precedent for mirrored armor releases up to this point, I think I'm more excited about the prospect of the Transport X: Closed vehicle for the imperials we'll likely be getting as well. Transporting flamers, melee commanders, and/or Imp guard to the front lines seems amusing AF.

Anyone wanna take bets on this guy being the mirror release for the imps? lol

image_30fb819b.jpeg?region=0,60,1920,960

At least the animated version has windows 😝

But seriously, can we talk about the SIZE of this vehicle? Per the Rebel Alliance Sourcebook Second Edition (Page 115):

image.png.95ab3f3c9240210712738b49810b6c90.png

26 minutes ago, Billion Year Old Carbon said:

But seriously, can we talk about the SIZE of this vehicle? Per the Rebel Alliance Sourcebook Second Edition (Page 115):

image.png.95ab3f3c9240210712738b49810b6c90.png

No idea if that's considered canon, but if it is and this is a real leak…. Is it possible we're getting an AT-AT?

Like, it doesn't seem possible considering just how massive it seems in Legion scale but the body of this speeder truck next to the silhouette of the AT AT makes me think... if we get one the other is definitely possible.

Edited by Darth Sanguis
8 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

No idea if that's considered canon, but if it is and this is a real leak…. Is it possible we're getting an AT-AT?

Like, it doesn't seem possible considering just how massive it seems in Legion scale but the body of this speeder truck next to the silhouette of the AT AT makes me think... if we get one the other is definitely possible.

I cannot imagine any chance of there being an AT-AT in this game. I have the official FFG Hoth map and the each AT-AT footprint is slightly bigger than the size of an AT-RT base. A single base for that type of model would be so massive that a table could not realistically have terrain. Something like using a single base for each foot is clunky and weird as well.

GIVE CLONES AND DROIDS THEIR SECOND HEAVIES!

7 minutes ago, lologrelol said:

GIVE CLONES AND DROIDS THEIR SECOND HEAVIES!

those transport tanks from the phantom menace and a laat

I remember it from the star wars commander app game. I mean it might not be the prettiest vehicle, but nothing that stands out. Also if it works in tandem with wookies as in the commander game, it can be as ugly as it wants 😋

1 minute ago, Geekboy75g said:

those transport tanks from the phantom menace and a laat

LAATs are possible (especially since the A-A5 is 4 meters longer*), but the MTT (the transport tank from The Phantom Menace) is 4 times as long as an AAT. CIS could get the NR-N99 as an open transport, but I'm not sure if they have a canon closed transport that is within the correct scale.

*Side note: is this the first unit in the game that will have to be massively scaled down? At 21.4 meters long, it's more than twice the length of the AAT.

2 minutes ago, Lochlan said:

Side note: is this the first unit in the game that will have to be massively scaled down? At 21.4 meters long, it's more than twice the length of the AAT.

most likely because if its to long it might be hard to move with or be stupid fast if its speed two even speed one and it could have the occupies base

I could see it being a speed 1 speeder with the Occupiers base. Which would still be deceptively fast despite being speed 1.

Given the size of the A-A5 and the obvious downscaling it will require to fit on an Occupier base I do think an AT-AT could be a remote possibility. But a tiny AT-AT on an occupier base would be stupid. It would have to be at least scaled down to the size of the disney popcorn bucket or wizards of the coast AT-AT. And thats probably too big for Legion.

I dont think Imperials will be getting an AT-AT though. I think theyll get the APC thing from the Mandalorian. Another walker like the AT-PT is also possible, I wouldnt mind something in between an AT-RT and an AT-ST. Although to be honest id rather see Imperials get a new unit that actually helps them instead of another subpar vehicle.

Edited by Khobai
1 hour ago, Lochlan said:

*Side note: is this the first unit in the game that will have to be massively scaled down? At 21.4 meters long, it's more than twice the length of the AAT.

So, technically those numbers are Legends.

Size wise, since it's first canon appearance is in SW:Commander that game should be used to set it's canon scale.

In that game, it's the same size as the Imperial Troop Transport, and both are far smaller than the AT-AT.

Since we know the size of the ITT from it's Rebels and Mandalorian appearances, it's safe to assume the A-A5 will be scaled to those measurements.

Definitely Occupier Base for both tho, assuming the ITT is the Imp counterpart.

If it's real I'm actually interested, I have a lot of affection for these things going back to the Thrawn Trilogy and some GREAT statblocks in the RPGs... With multiple models. But I'll accept it when I see it announced for real. I think it's a decent counterpoint to give the rebels hover and a full closed transport but I really wanted a hovertank first. Those are also canon. Cautious skepticism.

I have a friend who might just want to buy one to put on a shelf though, to own a GDST* in real life though.

*a gosh darned space truck

4 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

I think it's a decent counterpoint to give the rebels hover and a full closed transport but I really wanted a hovertank first. Those are also canon. Cautious skepticism.

When you really think about it, this "is" their Tank.

Despite what the movies show you, the vast majority of Rebels were just regular people pushed far enough by the system to grab whatever was to hand and try to give the Empire a bloody nose.

They are the poster child of "Insurgents with Good Intentions" and what do insurgents use as Armoured Support but Pickup Trucks and Vans with guns strapped to them?

The Landspeeder is a Technical and this would be a "Heavy Technical".

I think the only way to introduce the AT-AT is is in a scenario/campaign based expansion not unlike the downed AT-ST. maybe something like that mission from EA battlefront where the AT-AT is not controlled by any player and the goal for rebels is to stop it from reaching their base and destroy it and it is up to imperials to protect it so it can reach and destroy the base. Something like that.

I cannot imagine it being an actual unit. Can you imagine the point cost! I don’t think you would have any points left to build an army from.

Edited by True_Fire