New Rebel Vehicle Leaked

By KommanderKeldoth, in Star Wars: Legion

Who knows how reliable this is, but it lines up with the big changes to transport and field commander.

It's really ugly!

closed transports seem kindve bad and its a hover vehicle too which isnt good for transports (cant block LoS or give cover to disembarked troopers).

definitely not on the hype train for this thing. I predict its gonna be another T-47 in the making.

plus yeah its ugly.

wouldve much preferred the T4B heavy tank for rebels.

Edited by Khobai

Please be fake. Please Santa let this be fake

1 hour ago, Khobai said:

closed transports seem kindve bad and its a hover vehicle too which isnt good for transports (cant block LoS or give cover to disembarked troopers).

might wanna reread the hover rules

image.png.9ad0e3a2c69b5819f3ed0d95c61fc4ad.png

Yeah, I'm gonna go with my guts and call BS on this. The supposedly leaked info gives the date of premier on April 23rd.... of 2020 :P Also, the model is very niche, there is plenty more that could be released ahead of this. I'd agree that rebels could use a "proper" heavy, but I'd rather see AAC-1 than this.

Soccer Mom Van for rebels?

Oh dear. Let's hope not.

Honestly, I have never seen a good design for a Rebel ground vehicle outside of the X-34 and all the repurposed Republic stuff, all the stuff created for the battlefront, EaW and mobile games just looks like crap and doesn't really fit in with the SW aesthetic IMO.

**** thats ugly

I kind of like it.

3 hours ago, Khobai said:

definitely not on the hype train for this thing. I predict its gonna be another T-47 in the making.

plus yeah its ugly.

wouldve much preferred the T4B heavy tank for rebels.

Hove can block line of LOS and I honestly can't see why a closed transport would be bad. Yes a unit can't shoot out of it but then they can't be directly targeted.

I can believe it. (I didn't watch the whole Crabbok video. So if I repeat any of his thoughts, then I agree.) Hopefully their sculpting has improved enough to make it look awesome. But the timing makes sense given changes to transports and field commander, and that we haven't had closed transports yet.

The Imperials have an easy equivalent that's been in Mandalorian and throughout Rebels. So that'll be a quick match.

I think Lando will be similar to Han. More of a disruptor with his command cards. Not the vehicle leader the Rebels need to make them more viable.

But with the changes to field commander, they could put some generic command cards in the vehicle sets. This would help make the transports/vehicles more powerful, more marketable, and expand command hand variety that Alex said they were trying to achieve awhile back.

April 23rd of TWENTY-TWENTY??? We're repeating the year?? Of course we are, because that's exactly what this Jumanji-inspired year would do.

But seriously, I can't help but wonder whether it was scheduled for April 2020 and got pushed back or if it is a typo and should be 2021.

As for the unit itself, I can't say I'm excited. I would rather have seen a T-16.

Well, they did say one of the next 4 units was something no one had asked for and was definitely canon.... And this fits that bill.

So if it is fake, it's a well done fake.

maybe this and the empire most likely a troop transport will have a field commander crew upgrade that you could put in all heavies like t series or alasya secura.

Edited by Geekboy75g
1 hour ago, Tris87TJ said:

honestly can't see why a closed transport would be bad. Yes a unit can't shoot out of it but then they can't be directly targeted.

closed transports are bad because units inside closed transport cant perform actions and you lose action economy as a result. thats why open transports are way better.

it also only costs one action to embark into an open transport but it costs an entire activation to embark into a closed transport. again you lose action economy. granted you can start embarked on the closed transport but your options for embarking after the start of the game are more limited with closed transports.

yeah its true that units inside closed transports cant be directly targeted but if you make clever use of an Occupier Tank to block LoS to your disembarked units they also cant be targeted.

I see no real advantage to closed transports over open transports.

1 hour ago, Tris87TJ said:

Hove can block line of LOS

Yeah i just read the hover rules

But its possible its a speeder and doesnt have hover.

Edited by Khobai
1 hour ago, Sharkbelly said:

I kind of like it.

Me too!

I will love to custom mine with tons of weapons, furnitures everywhere and a shooting platform on the rooftop

10 minutes ago, Khobai said:

also I didnt think repulsor vehicles could block LoS because the rules say repulsor vehicles cant obscure models. it makes no sense if a repulsor vehicle cant partially obscure a model to give it cover but can somehow still fully obscure it to block LoS. lol.

Still not read the hover rules?

It can obscure models and give them cover (and block movement, displace ...), it is basically treated as a ground vehicle with minor exceptions.

On the transportin general: I can't say I'm hyped. It's not overly pretty and I don't really like the closed transport mechanic. Safely delivering operative Luke on turn 1 has potential of braking the game. Though a troop transport might make Fleet troopers or Wookies a viable threat.

14 minutes ago, SailorMeni said:

Still not read the hover rules?

It can obscure models and give them cover (and block movement, displace ...), it is basically treated as a ground vehicle with minor exceptions.

On the transportin general: I can't say I'm hyped. It's not overly pretty and I don't really like the closed transport mechanic. Safely delivering operative Luke on turn 1 has potential of braking the game. Though a troop transport might make Fleet troopers or Wookies a viable threat.

nevermind I just read the hover rules lol.

ive never actually used a hover vehicle before since imperials dont have one.

the A-A5 is called a speeder truck though so it may not have hover if its a speeder.

If its a speeder it might be interesting because it would be a very fast closed transport and the extra move would help make up for the lost action economy of not being an open transport. A speeder transport would be useful for getting fleet troopers up the field really quickly.

but if its just a normal movement transport then pass.

Edited by Khobai

What I find more interesting, and something I never noticed until now, is the prospect of Transport X which seems to imply that eventually there will be a transport that can carry multiple units. If this particular Closed Transport can carry multiple units, I think it could be quite an interesting addition to the rebels.

So I tried to watch the video, and got way too annoyed at Crabbok's "I have to whisper" schtick for the video. I usually enjoy his videos, but just couldn't finish this one.

I mean, what if it was a closed transport with Speeder that could move 2 units closer to the enemy without them being shot at? Suddenly you could load up some Fleet Troopers/Mandalorians and dump them on an enemy flank quite easily. Field Commander also seems likely, though I'm not sure the Rebels would want their Airspeeders or Landspeeders acting as a commander, so it'd probably be unique to the transport. The Imperial one might just be a generic though, to allow a good ol' AT-ST to stand in for them.

This might just be the thing that gets the Rebels to play more of their Corps options, and wouldn't that be a good thing for list building? Heck, if this existed for the CIS, I'd load it up with B2s and just chuck it at the enemy.

Edited by Kirjath08

Seems to come from the now dead Star Wars Commander game. Here is a bit better picture of the thing. Think it may look better live action or as a model, but we will have to see.

1000?cb=20200705073027

So that makes me wonder two things: Is Lando the Rebel's vechile commander. The box art is when he steals an AT-ST. And is the K79-S80 will be the Empire closed transport (which I find looks waaaaay better live action then in the cartoon)

1000?cb=20200708121300

Another look at the new unit:

See the source image