I LOVE DEMOCRACY

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in X-Wing Off-Topic

x8ooulbzmux51.jpg

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This really is only the beginning but GODS I can FINALLY BREATHE. My GIRLFRIEND can breathe. My FRIENDS can breathe! Oh thank goodness!

We've taken our first step on the long road to recovery from being the most well armed clowns in the history of tragic humour.

As an outsider looking (very worriedly) in, I really hope the Republicans accept the result with a minimum of fuss, but honestly I don't think the word humility is a part of Trump's lexicon.

Too many political leaders in the last few years (on both sides of the Atlantic) have run campaigns based on division and fear. The only way we're going to move forwards as national, international and global communities is through unity.

We shouldn't be putting up walls in this day and age, we should be taking them down.

18 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

As an outsider looking (very worriedly) in, I really hope the Republicans accept the result with a minimum of fuss, but honestly I don't think the word humility is a part of Trump's lexicon.

Like the Democrats did for 4 years? Heck, Hillary Clinton said last week on the NY Times Podcast: “I was the candidate that they basically stole an election from,".

Bit Hypocritical to just say accept the results and shut up. As close as the election was in some states, it would almost be negligence to not look into some of the results. Will they find enough evidence of fraud or manipulation to swing a state or three back? No, probably not.

Edited by Jo Jo

I’m going to miss Trump....

Granted, I’m not a Trump Nation diehard but I did vote for him.

I just LOVED that he was NOT a politician. Now, it was a crazy ride, but man I’m going to miss him.

Kinda like that drunk uncle the family hates, but you kinda like him flaws and all. 🤣 🤣

And, I’m sorry @KCDodger , I don’t think he was ever a threat to the gay community. I think that was political fear-mongering.

Edited by JBFancourt

Uninformed Democrats are everywhere.....(TRUMP 2020, FIGHT ME)

giphy.gif

😂 👍

3 hours ago, JBFancourt said:

I don’t think he was ever a threat to the gay community. I think that was political fear-mongering.

1. Trans.

2. I don't think the *******, and I mean Trump not KC, really gave a **** either way about gays, trans, or others.

Exactly. Assuming I’m interpreting your asterisks correctly.

I thought KC called herself “your friendly neighborhood lesbian” in a post....

Sorry, don’t know her personally. Thx.

5 hours ago, JBFancourt said:

I just LOVED that he was NOT a politician. Now, it was a crazy ride, but man I’m going to miss him.

Kinda like that drunk uncle the family hates, but you kinda like him flaws and all. 🤣 🤣

And, I’m sorry @KCDodger , I don’t think he was ever a threat to the gay community. I think that was political fear-mongering.

We could talk for hours about how dangerous he was to us. But not here.

6 minutes ago, JBFancourt said:

Exactly. Assuming I’m interpreting your asterisks correctly.

I thought KC called herself “your friendly neighborhood lesbian” in a post....

Sorry, don’t know her personally. Thx.

I mean, I am Lesbian.

1 hour ago, Hiemfire said:

1. Trans.

2. I don't think the *******, and I mean Trump not KC, really gave a **** either way about gays, trans, or others.

He was definitely directly dangerous to every minority. I'm glad he'll be gone. Also thank you.

On 11/8/2020 at 3:21 PM, FTS Gecko said:

Too many political leaders in the last few years (on both sides of the Atlantic) have run campaigns based on division and fear. The only way we're going to move forwards as national, international and global communities is through unity.

We shouldn't be putting up walls in this day and age, we should be taking them down.

Sometimes, we agree. I'm extremely glad our agreement is through the things that truly matter. Though at this moment some division is necessary. There are some extremely dangerous people in office. You don't shack up with another transwoman like yourself, who is also already a person of color and not learn everything, there is to worry about, y'know? We saw some really, really terrifying **** these last four years.

I am very glad it is going to be over, but to treat this as the end would be foolhardy. Harder pushes must be made if we want a better future.

29 minutes ago, JBFancourt said:

Assuming I’m interpreting your asterisks correctly

Probably are. I don't dodge forum adjustments to the more colorful parts of language, but I don't refrain from using them either.

6 hours ago, KCDodger said:

We could talk for hours about how dangerous he was to us. But not here.

I mean, I am Lesbian.

He was definitely directly dangerous to every minority. I'm glad he'll be gone. Also thank you.

Sometimes, we agree. I'm extremely glad our agreement is through the things that truly matter. Though at this moment some division is necessary. There are some extremely dangerous people in office. You don't shack up with another transwoman like yourself, who is also already a person of color and not learn everything, there is to worry about, y'know? We saw some really, really terrifying **** these last four years.

I am very glad it is going to be over, but to treat this as the end would be foolhardy. Harder pushes must be made if we want a better future.

Everything makes so much more sense now.

20 hours ago, ImperialYeet said:

I have been fighting people like you for four years. You know what's cool now? I don't have to. I don't have to keep track of a thousand dumb and unfounded conspiracy theories that don't stand up to any scrutiny for fear that the absolute imbecile in office will not only believe them, but will parrot them and make policy decisions around them. I can sit back and laugh at people like you. So, go ahead, hurl your insults. Nobody cares and nobody is listening to you anymore.

I'm from the UK, so I sorta have no horse in this race....but I am glad he is gone, the President holds such a key role on the world stage and Trump being that man does make me as nervous as it does KC for similar reasons.

15 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

I have been fighting people like you for four years. You know what's cool now? I don't have to. I don't have to keep track of a thousand dumb and unfounded conspiracy theories that don't stand up to any scrutiny for fear that the absolute imbecile in office will not only believe them, but will parrot them and make policy decisions around them. I can sit back and laugh at people like you. So, go ahead, hurl your insults. Nobody cares and nobody is listening to you anymore.

I think this is a bad precedent to set. Responding to the jeers and trolling that I've seen from the right side over the past 4 years both from America and UK citizens, the worst way to respond when the dial swings is with the same thing. I can understand the desire to do it. However, we all have to reach across the table at the end of a game and shake hands wether we win or lose, and had a good game or a bad game. It doesn't take much to be decent to people and turn the other cheek.

20 hours ago, ImperialYeet said:

"ImperialYeet" a bit on the nose, dotcha think? With respect, what information are democrats not informed about? Please enlighten for my own curiosity while I start thinking about what Republics are currently MISinformed abount.

21 hours ago, JBFancourt said:

I agree with KC dodger that he made me nervous. I actually agree with you that he personally didn't care...but not caring does in itself create an issue. Under his administration some key protections extended to discrimination against LGBTQ people in workplaces were rolled back from their introduction during the Obama administration. It's kind of difficult to say "he doesn't care either way" when he lets stuff like that occur.

All it takes for evil to persist is for good men to do nothing, he could have stopped that rollback but he didn't. Put it this way, if someone is mugging you, would you rather a third party who stumbles upon the event look what's happening, shrug and say "I don't care" and just walk off or would you rather get some assistance in whatever form it might be even be?

21 hours ago, Jo Jo said:

Like the Democrats did for 4 years? Heck, Hillary Clinton said last week on the NY Times Podcast: “I was the candidate that they basically stole an election from,".

Bit Hypocritical to just say accept the results and shut up. As close as the election was in some states, it would almost be negligence to not look into some of the results. Will they find enough evidence of fraud or manipulation to swing a state or three back? No, probably not.

24 hours after it was announced Donald Trump would be president, she conceded and stated and I quote "Donald Trump is going to be our president, We owe him an open mind and a chance to lead.” She lost the vote by electoral college, despite having the popular vote. Legally there is no grounds for her to say it was stolen, but I can understand the logic of "I had more votes, yet I lost, why is the system like that?" compared to Trump who has not conceded.

All u said is u don't have to listen. You never had to. However, I'm not joking when I say uniformed. The Green New Deal for instance. It would ruin this country, trillons of dollars of debt. I just hope u do your resreach.

And for u Ebak, u get a link:

https://www.prageru.com/

8 minutes ago, ImperialYeet said:

And for u Ebak, u get a link:

https://www.prageru.com/

Genuinely, thank you for posting this, this will offer an interesting perspective, not saying it will change my mind but it’s important to see different views.

Then lets hope the other guy looks too

EDIT: The 5-minute videos are the best. They explain current topics in easy to understand ways

Edited by ImperialYeet
1 hour ago, MasterShake2 said:

In the words of the Arbiter, were it so easy.

As welcome as the result was, it wasn't one-sided. It was close. There are powerful voices on both sides of the debate, and it's already been shown in the last few days (and in this topic) that the result of the vote isn't going to be the be all and end all that people hope it will be. There are massive, deep-rooted divisions within the population. Divisions that have been fed and have festered for years now. Divisions that have split families and estranged friends. If we're going to heal these wounds, we're going to need to find common ground.

Finding that common ground isn't going to be easy, especially with the politics on both sides being so incredibly partisan. Trump tried his best to hurt, hinder or revoke his predecessor's policies. Biden has already announced he intends to immediately revoke some of Trump's. Even simple things - like Biden pleading with the American public to wear masks - are going to cause outrage and be used as ammunition.

We're facing near unprecedented economical, medical and social issues. We can't move forward as a society if we're split down the middle, and we're not going to change that by ignoring other's opinions or pretending they don't exist. There's a lot of healing to be done.

28 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

In the words of the Arbiter, were it so easy.

As welcome as the result was, it wasn't one-sided. It was close. There are powerful voices on both sides of the debate, and it's already been shown in the last few days (and in this topic) that the result of the vote isn't going to be the be all and end all that people hope it will be. There are massive, deep-rooted divisions within the population. Divisions that have been fed and have festered for years now. Divisions that have split families and estranged friends. If we're going to heal these wounds, we're going to need to find common ground.

Finding that common ground isn't going to be easy, especially with the politics on both sides being so incredibly partisan. Trump tried his best to hurt, hinder or revoke his predecessor's policies. Biden has already announced he intends to immediately revoke some of Trump's. Even simple things - like Biden pleading with the American public to wear masks - are going to cause outrage and be used as ammunition.

We're facing near unprecedented economical, medical and social issues. We can't move forward as a society if we're split down the middle, and we're not going to change that by ignoring other's opinions or pretending they don't exist. There's a lot of healing to be done.

How can u find common ground with policies that would destroy America?

9 minutes ago, ImperialYeet said:

How can u find common ground with policies that would destroy America?

The problem with that statement is that it is highly opinionated. It’s easy to say ‘x will destroy America’ the key thing is talk. Specifically, what do you fear is destroying America? Having actual things to discuss rather than a very broad ‘but this will destroy America’ message makes it easier to talk and (hopefully) find that common ground.

1 hour ago, Ebak said:

I'm from the UK, so I sorta have no horse in this race...

Same here. Brexit or Remain?

1 minute ago, Ebak said:

The problem with that statement is that it is highly opinionated. It’s easy to say ‘x will destroy America’ the key thing is talk. Specifically, what do you fear is destroying America? Having actual things to discuss rather than a very broad ‘but this will destroy America’ message makes it easier to talk and (hopefully) find that common ground.

I'm going to continue using the Green New Deal as an example.

https://www.prageru.com/video/whats-wrong-with-wind-and-solar/ https://www.prageru.com/video/wind-subsidies-are-killing-eagles/

The GND proposes mass solar and wind power, which is very expensive. It would take up acres of land, increase national debt, and maybe raise taxes! And kill lots of birds....

However it wouldn't destroy America in a doomsday way, and thats not what I meant in the first place. Ruin, makes more sense, and in a way is worse.