I LOVE DEMOCRACY

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in X-Wing Off-Topic

NYT isn't left lol. Outta here with that lib ****

11 hours ago, Pooleman said:

Trump didn’t encourage any violence.

I didn't say he did. But you read what I implied, which is exactly how Trump encouraged his followers. And he said plenty of things before his January 6th. Of note, on January 4th at a rally he said, "If the liberal Democrats take the Senate and the White House — and they’re not taking this White House — we’re going to fight like ****, I’ll tell you right now — We’re going to take it back,"

He also has a history of condoning violence. On November 1, when that group of Trump followers harassed a Biden bus and ran at least one car off the road, he tweeted the video of it with the words "I LOVE TEXAS." Then followed it up with "These patriots did nothing wrong." Not to mention the "LIBERATE MICHIGAN!" tweet that was followed by an attempt to kidnap their governor. Instead of criticizing the kidnappers, he criticized the governor saying "She wants to be a dictator in Michigan. And the people can't stand her." on TV while following it up at a Michigan rally saying "You've got to get your governor to open up your state, OK?". He often doesn't condemn the violence of his followers, while finding it fairly easy to condemn protests on the left, peaceful or violent. His inability to condemn white supremacy in the debates without being coached into it while having plenty of words in any other situation is at least a red flag, especially when the coaxed condemnation is followed by "But I'll tell you what, somebody has got to do something about antifa and the left because this is not a right-wing problem, this is a left-wing problem." That is a call to action that he immediately put in the context of white supremacists doing the job.

11 hours ago, Pooleman said:

In fact the mob had already stormed the capitol while Trump was still speaking to the crowd.

You do see that Trump sending his followers to riot in progress doesn't actually help his case right?

2 hours ago, Pooleman said:

My “fact” is true. The mob stormed the capitol before Trump was finished speaking. I’ll even provide a left wing source for you.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/01/12/us/capitol-mob-timeline.html

FFS, you people are so bendy with the truth it's unbelievable.

Have you ever finished someone else's sentence for them??

Moreover, Trump had been building towards that moment since before anyone even voted by stirring the anger of a "fraudulent" election.

Edited by Darth Meanie
1 hour ago, Darth Meanie said:

Trump had been building towards that moment since before anyone even voted by stirring the anger of a "fraudulent" election.

Trump has been building this since the primaries. He said out loud that the postal vote was rigged and that these votes cannot count in the election. He is building up anger for more than a year. It's not a surprise that this happens when you think that more than 74 million people have voted for him.....

I don't think I would be wrong if I say that some law policemen (pro-Trump in their opinion) that were guarding the Capitol have deliberately let pass the riot. The proof have not been made yet, but I wouldn't be surprised...

15 hours ago, Pooleman said:

Trump didn’t encourage any violence.

He never condemned the siege either. Congressmen were barricaded in the chamber as the "protesters" tried to break down the doors. The majority leader and many others contacted Trump pleading with him to go and condemn the actions of these people. He refused. He instead went to Twitter and informed the rioters that he loved them. He loves the people that murdered a cop. That stormed the capital. That hung a noose on the lawn and chanted "Hang Mike Pence" because Pence decided to do the right thing and not impede the counting of the electoral votes. It's clear incitement. He's been whipping people into a frenzy for weeks by claiming that the election was stolen. Reports show Trump was overjoyed with the events of that day. It was after all the day that Congress would make his loss official.

Trump didn't tell people to be violent. That's true. Instead he gave them ample reason to become violent. He pounded the idea into peoples heads that their country was being stolen from them by his political opponents, thus creating a situation where they would feel violence is necessary. By continuing to encourage the rioters, and inciting them to this act of violence in the first place, it's painfully obvious he is a chief cause of those events. Saying otherwise is willful ignorance. There are others who are complicit, who could be rightfully described as accomplices. Plenty of right wing leaders supported the lies, but it's obvious who started this. These are facts. It's time we all start paying attention to facts. If we don't, this kind of mania will continue to blight our country.

Edited by Hippie Moosen
2 hours ago, Silver_leader said:

Trump has been building this since the primaries.

Trump has been building hate and aggression since day 1. "We're gonna build a wall and make Mexico pay for it" is just hatemongering as a slogan.

I was just doing my best to keep it obvious for the RedHats.

6 hours ago, Pooleman said:

My “fact” is true. The mob stormed the capitol before Trump was finished speaking. I’ll even provide a left wing source for you.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/01/12/us/capitol-mob-timeline.html

To point out the nuances in the attached timeline:

1. people at the capital had access to Trump's speech live via cell phone, they didn’t need to be present.
2. People left before Trump was done already fired up to march on the capital.
3. Not all people who listened went to create trouble, not all trouble makers listen to his speech.

4. Trump was quite delayed in his response regarding the riots that he was next door to. He would have been aware people were rioting in his name immediately through his security, if not the news online.

He is very good at firing up this demographic of people. His wording may not be polished, but his choice of words leads people to what he wants them to do.

As far as “left” media, Trump and many other politicians, have discredited media sources so that there is the lack in understanding what is actually a news source, which are spin machines, and why that even matters any more. Admittedly media themselves have their own part in sensationalizing in order to sell headlines, so even here there is plenty of blame to point out. If I’m trying to get the facts I’m checking multiple sources to fish out details. One source may leave out crucial details to fit their narrative or even spin events differently.

Like Ben SASSE said Frump loved the violence.

I don’t know how anyone can think he meant for anything else to happen.

Well, here we are, at the dawn of a new age.

Thank goodness. Gods protect us going forward, never stop pushing for change. This is not a moment where you can sigh, "Ah, back to normal."

Nah.

Normal was the problem.

Let's start working towards a better society than what we had in 2016 or directly before the pandemic. Let's make America great... for the first time.

Edited by KCDodger
13 hours ago, KCDodger said:

. Let's make America great... for the first time.

For the first time since january 2017. Obama did some good

11 hours ago, Silver_leader said:

For the first time since january 2017. Obama did some good

Nah... Nah America has a lot of problems that Obama outright made worse. Ask basically anyone in the middle east or Mexico.

Edited by KCDodger

image0.jpg