New limited Luke Skywalker special edition

By KaLeu, in Star Wars: Legion

On 11/13/2020 at 3:30 PM, paladin72 said:

Yeah I thought they were probably the same. I havent bought a starter yet only 2 or 3 expansions. All Hoth. I had not realized this Luke would be that hard to get.

I dont really know explain my feelings about it. Since this is a war game, Hoth is what I was wanting to set up for and play. Something in me just cant put Bespin Luke on the same field as Tauntauns and Hoth Veterans.

Get the core. There are lots of great resin Hoth Luke’s from Skull Forge studios that cost about $20.

FFG should consider releasing the model a year from now to all us less fortunate nerf herders.

27 minutes ago, Dark Don said:

FFG should consider releasing the model a year from now to all us less fortunate nerf herders.

I’m ok with how they did this release. Unlike Vader and Obi Wan at least the general public had a chance to get one of these.

5 hours ago, Pooleman said:

I’m ok with how they did this release. Unlike Vader and Obi Wan at least the general public had a chance to get one of these.

I’m the reverse. The convention LE minis I can understand as people pay good money to attend and since I’ll probably never go to one, I’m OK missing out. But this release is frustrating because of the artificial limit on quantities; whether your FLGS will let you even buy one; and if you are able to beat the scalpers at checkout.

42 minutes ago, Digitalfiends said:

I’m the reverse. The convention LE minis I can understand as people pay good money to attend and since I’ll probably never go to one, I’m OK missing out. But this release is frustrating because of the artificial limit on quantities; whether your FLGS will let you even buy one; and if you are able to beat the scalpers at checkout.

To be clear, this was definitely intended to be a con release (most likely celebration). But with every convention cancelled, they had to get them out to the public somehow, and honestly this seems like an excellent compromise to me.

Yeah, I guess I never really thought about it that way (i.e. that these were originally intended for convention goers).

Some people are really going to lose their minds when the next con exclusive is a fancy Anakin.

5 minutes ago, ninclouse2000 said:

Some people are really going to lose their minds when the next con exclusive is a fancy Anakin.

The event exclusive Ahsoka is going to break a lot of people.

8 minutes ago, ninclouse2000 said:

nyah, Luke was a likeable character in the original trilogy, a little whiney, but generally likeable. He lost fans in jedi, when he became too aloof for his own good.

Anakin was never liked by anyone. The poor kid from Phantom Menace is still in therapy because of the fan backlash, and Hayden Christenson went into hiding back in Canada and abroad and really hasn't been seen in mainstream movies since.

All the limited edition commanders have been from core sets so that would leave Grievous. You can't do much with Greivous besides making him shorter than you'd expect.

Or do him pre-borg. That'd be neat.

Edited by thepopemobile100

For me I was hoping to get the ESB Luke because I love the sculpt and it would go great with my Hoth themed troops. I also have a fond attachment to watching Empire Strikes Back with my dad when it came out in the theatres - especially the Hoth scenes with the snowspeeders and AT-ATs. I couldn't care less about Ahsoka or Anakin. :D

Edited by Digitalfiends
6 minutes ago, Digitalfiends said:

For me I was hoping to get the ESB Luke because I love the sculpt and it would go great with my Hoth themed troops. I also have a fond attachment to watching Empire Strikes Back with my dad when it came out in the theatres - especially the Hoth scenes with the snowspeeders and AT-ATs. I couldn't care less about Ahsoka or Anakin. :D

Most people have a theme or aesthetic that they really enjoy in Star Wars. For me it was the RotS Obi. I had to have it. Paid $125 for it. I have it ready to be resin cast as soon as I'm off my lazy bum to do it.

27 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

I had to have it. Paid $125 for it. I have it ready to be resin cast as soon as I'm off my lazy bum to do it.

True Fanhood!

3 hours ago, Darth Sanguis said:

Most people have a theme or aesthetic that they really enjoy in Star Wars. For me it was the RotS Obi. I had to have it. Paid $125 for it. I have it ready to be resin cast as soon as I'm off my lazy bum to do it.

How much for a copy? ... I mean how much do I have to pay for packaging and shipping for a copy of a copyright item? (Because lawyers)

52 minutes ago, PhoenixOfCopper said:

How much for a copy? ... I mean how much do I have to pay for packaging and shipping for a copy of a copyright item? (Because lawyers)

If I have spare parts I'd be willing to ship them for cost of shipping. Hit me with a PM.

On 11/14/2020 at 2:45 PM, jocke01 said:

I love how this thing have worked out. People running around to stores hoping they got em, some stores or countries won't get any. Stores can sell them fro whatever they want making some getting them from free or even multiple copies for free while some go for 150+$. People scalping them on ebay for a bunch and people being salty for not getting one watching people posting they got multiple copies. You really did the community good with this one FFG...

LE’s going to scalpers because FLGSs let them out into there wild really isn’t on FFG at all.

My local shop got these in. They are selling them for $150 dollars. Quite a rip off.

In Toronto:

One of my FLGS got it today and now selling it for $85. Really cheap move.

One other FLGS is giving it away as a bonus if you buy $X amount of Legion stuff.

One FLGS is giving it away as a gift to dedicated customers.

Edited by robertpolson

One of my local stores is raffling at least one of them off to raise money for a charity, which I think is a pretty great way to handle it.

42 minutes ago, robertpolson said:

In Toronto:

One of my FLGS got it today and now selling it for $85. Really cheap move.

One other FLGS is giving it away as a bonus if you buy $X amount of Legion stuff.

One FLGS is giving it away as a gift to dedicated customers.

What stores are those? I'm in the Toronto-ish area too and primarily buy from 401Games and Meeplemart when I can't get my stuff from my local shop. Are those the stores you are referring to? Just wondering because I keep getting differing stories depending on which employees I speak with...it's getting frustrating. PM me if you want.

Edited by Digitalfiends
On 11/27/2020 at 6:09 AM, Flyfishingdad said:

My local shop got these in. They are selling them for $150 dollars. Quite a rip off.

That's ridiculous...good job FFG. lol

1 minute ago, Digitalfiends said:

What stores are those? I'm in the Toronto-ish area too and primarily buy from 401Games and Meeplemart when I can't get my stuff from my local shop. Are those the stores you are referring to? Just wondering because I keep getting differing stories depending on which employees I speak with...it's getting frustrating. PM me if you want.

Don't know how 401 Games and Meeplemart are handling it.

A big kudos for handling this right goes to WoodForSheep and BoardGameBliss.

Hairy Tarantula jacked up the price. I was told that this is an upper management decision.

1 minute ago, Digitalfiends said:

That's ridiculous...good job FFG. lol

Don't know if FFG is to blame. How each stores handles this situation reflects its integrity.

FFG is definitely to blame because they know stores with low integrity exist.

1 hour ago, robertpolson said:

A big kudos for handling this right goes to WoodForSheep and BoardGameBliss .

BoardGameBliss told me they weren't getting any LE Lukes?!!