New limited Luke Skywalker special edition

By KaLeu, in Star Wars: Legion

Can‘t really confirm this. Did anybody else hear anything? Seems exclusive to North America like Obi was to Essen, Germany.

5B3E439A-4AD4-4C45-9822-F438F7374375.jpeg

That would be cool. Id place an order if they restock Phase 2 Clones or Imperial Raiders for Armada...but I suspect its fake given they say they will ship 3!

8 minutes ago, Darthgallant said:

That would be cool. Id place an order if they restock Phase 2 Clones or Imperial Raiders for Armada...but I suspect its fake given they say they will ship 3!

As far as I know it is supposed to be an offer for retailers only. So that‘s why you (as a retailer) can get 3.

It feels like it an attempt at organized play support, since the most obvious use for the three a retailer would get is prize support for tournaments.... Which aren't really happening in many places in the US. Next most obvious to me would be a charity raffle (which is how my FLGS handled some recent VERY limited edition 40k minis).

It could also turn out that this is an early release of the model and we will see it released in some other similarly limited way later on, like convention exclusive.

Does that box art look familiar to anyone? I don't think I've ever seen that drawing of Luke. It seems hard to fake that.

I’ve only seen Crabbok’s video on it. Seems to be a reward for LGS but the full terms of what LGS gets to do with them is unknown at this point

Is it a different character? Or is it just a different model for the figure in the core set? I wonder what cards are included.

28 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

Is it a different character? Or is it just a different model for the figure in the core set? I wonder what cards are included.

A different model for the same Commander from the Core set. When they did the same thing for Obi-Wan and Vader they included cards from the Core set. It literally just a cool-looking model. Please don't complain that new/good cards aren't included because this is limited edition and is going to really difficult for the average Legion player to get their hands on.

12 hours ago, arnoldrew said:

A different model for the same Commander from the Core set. When they did the same thing for Obi-Wan and Vader they included cards from the Core set. It literally just a cool-looking model. Please don't complain that new/good cards aren't included because this is limited edition and is going to really difficult for the average Legion player to get their hands on.

Can i complain if i have little to no chance of getting one?

2 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

I mean I'll be upset about it. That's the one sculpt I wanted the most of any possible Luke outfit.

1 hour ago, buckero0 said:

Sure, if you really think you're entitled to this particular toy.

2 hours ago, buckero0 said:

I plan on casting the Luke and the Obi for "modeling parts" sometime in the future. If I have spare bits I can ship 'em to you. Personally, I'm annoyed that they do strictly exclusive runs. It makes getting scultps that shouldn't be hard to get (Luke in pilot outfit, Obiwan in RotS outfit) extremely expensive. They should consider doing timed exclusives. Limited exclusive run for 6 months to a year, then post 'em up on the webstore.

Edited by Darth Sanguis

Theses promo minis should be part of tournament gift pack.

I got annoyed getting promo cards (this game is a mini game, not a card game).

Just now, Krakus said:

Theses promo minis should be part of tournament gift pack.

That would make the tournament prize kits significantly more expensive and fewer LGS would buy them.

Just now, arnoldrew said:

That would make the tournament prize kits significantly more expensive and fewer LGS would buy them.

I do agree. But an operative mini with cards is 15 bucks, including retailer margings.

I am pretty sure they can produce exclusive for tournaments at a good price and sell it at a cheap price. Specially if they consider it to be a part of the appealing process

Has FFG done this type of limited release for FLGS before? Is the idea that a local shop would order X amount of products from Asmodee in order to be eligible for this sculpt?

20 minutes ago, arnoldrew said:

Maybe, alternatively, most of the shops I've been to recognize how valuable limited runs become. I think we'd see higher volume stores see preferential treatment and the tournament kits would sell out to only the most profitable stores. (I know under alliance distribution that actually happened a few times). Smaller groups would have to travel or opt out entirely.

7 minutes ago, CaptMook said:

Has FFG done this type of limited release for FLGS before? Is the idea that a local shop would order X amount of products from Asmodee in order to be eligible for this sculpt?

I believe Asmodee requires a specific amount of stuff to be in your store for you to order from their distribution line, (at least based on a conversation I had about a year ago), this ad in particular seems to annotate any order through Asmodee's direct ditribution in November can opt in.

Edited by Darth Sanguis
1 hour ago, CaptMook said:

This would be the first time for legion at least (as well as for xwing fwiw) that FFG has had an exclusive model available for stores as a reward for orders. My intuition suggests this was going to originally be a Con exclusive but the Con was cancelled with far enough lead time that they were able to change up the order run to make them more widely available (and not have Con Exclusive on the box). However, that’s my guess not a confirmed fact.

I am sure there will be some terms. I asked my LGS about it and they are for sure going to be eligible. But I don’t know how much legion product they buy since they are a small chain (3 locations). They are also not sure if they are getting 3 per store or a total of 3, so 1 per store.

4 hours ago, buckero0 said:

Not this again....

1 hour ago, CaptMook said:

Usually these are convention exclusives, but since no conventions are happening they have to figure out other way to get these out.

2 hours ago, Krakus said:

You say that, but many upgrades are based on having official cards, with only a subset of cards requiring a specific mini.

i'd rather they do something like a detailed base (like Obi-Wan or Vader) as the exclusive thing but allow all of us the chance to get an alternate sculpt without the extra modeled base. I'd really like Luke in pilot gear so I hope this isn't the only way to get him.

2 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

This would be the first time for legion at least (as well as for xwing fwiw) that FFG has had an exclusive model available for stores as a reward for orders. My intuition suggests this was going to originally be a Con exclusive but the Con was cancelled with far enough lead time that they were able to change up the order run to make them more widely available (and not have Con Exclusive on the box). However, that’s my guess not a confirmed fact.

I am sure there will be some terms. I asked my LGS about it and they are for sure going to be eligible. But I don’t know how much legion product they buy since they are a small chain (3 locations). They are also not sure if they are getting 3 per store or a total of 3, so 1 per store.

Not this again....

Okay, then there might be hope for my FLGS, but they only have two locations, and recently had a clearance sale on all Legion products due to a lack of interest. Maybe I can convince them to put in a special order for myself through Asmodee of other Legion products in order to get this Luke. Fingers crossed!

6 hours ago, Darth Sanguis said:

I plan on casting the Luke and the Obi for "modeling parts" sometime in the future. If I have spare bits I can ship 'em to you.

this would be really nice of you. I was just joking with the post above. I mainly play with my son and a couple other guys. But i enjoy the modelling side of the game. It's much easier to paint a 15$ figure than a whole army or multiple armies like i used to in 40k. I prefer to customize my figures anyway, so they don't look like they came out of the box.

6 hours ago, arnoldrew said:

i don't think it would cost that much more, i would hope it would inspire LGS to actually hold events. They buy the kits and pretty much ignore the players round here anyway

Edited by buckero0
3 hours ago, ewardell said:

i'd rather they do something like a detailed base (like Obi-Wan or Vader) as the exclusive thing but allow all of us the chance to get an alternate sculpt without the extra modeled base. I'd really like Luke in pilot gear so I hope this isn't the only way to get him.

If you don't mind using third party miniatures, I've seen a few different STL files and resin models from places like shapeway.

Im on the side thst this was meant for a convention that didnt happen.